M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

07-01-2015, 06:49 AM   #23
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Not that I'd advise anyone to do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
The 2015 M5 CP is already close to its traction limits in the first 4 gears when throttle is used conservatively. Give the car full gas in manual on dry tarmac and you'll still see traction control flashing in 4th

With 575 bhp, the car's 0-60 time could be in three point nine something bracket with better traction, for example awd. Increasing power with a tune will increase power but in all likelihood decrease drivability, where traction control is intervening more often and cornering grip under power becomes an issue. IMO its pointless having more power if the majority of it is unusable or makes the car unstable.

With turbo engines its fairly easy to get more power....simply keeping the wastegates shut longer will do the trick. Most tuners do nothing about the extra heat this generates. But what's the point of 695hp 644 lb-ft Tq when all it does is spin up the wheels or trigger TC earlier and in higher gears? Tuning will simply render full or near full throttle unusable in the first 4 gears. So where does such a tune offer most benefit? Typically for wide throttle openings in 5th, 6th and 7th gears, where gear ratios will divide back wheel torque to the point the rear tyres can manage to maintain traction. The car will offer spectacular acceleration above 100 mph....but will also put you in jail anytime you're caught using it.

Of course there's always the drag strip.
lol my GTR had a HKS turbo Kit and put down 710 on a mustang dyno [easily 850+ on any dynojet] and its going to get gutted to make 1300whp and is getting DSS axles, ETS turbo kit and Omega long block good for 2000whp.

When you get the right tires you don't spin the tires off... I can dead hook with what was my old setup with R888 tires on the oem 20'' rims, and any m5 with R888s could easily hook up that power, especially with the weight of the car helping... And I'll easily hook up with 18'' nittos and mickey Thompsons, when its done.

As for jail. I have no idea of laws anywhere else, but outside of Virginia and police states, you're probably just going to be in REALLY big trouble and probably wouldn't want to do it again... Its all about picking opportunities and knowing when and when not to get on it... You can easily get in just as much trouble swerving in and out of traffic at 80-95 in a toyota camry, but if you take it outside residential areas, have laser and radar detectors/jammers, and pick your moments I think it would come down to luck on being caught at that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansarkis View Post
You need the tune to remove the limiter to get away from the cops!! 167 may not get the job done. I have a full P1 Dinan on its way, should be done next week. I will let you know how it goes.
It would depend lol, if I was within a comfort zone around known roads I'd give it a shot even in an m5, assuming you're going 100mph and the cop is dead stopped he'd have to get up to speed meanwhile you'd accelerate to 130-150+ and you'd have plenty of opportunity to duck off whatever you're on and either sit tight for awhile or get to where you can lay low lol

Not that I'd advise anyone to do it but wouldn't matter if you had a turbo hayabusa if you stay on a straight road they'll just radio ahead or get the chopper out and you're caught.

Last edited by M5Rlz; 07-01-2015 at 06:56 AM..
Appreciate 0