M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

04-10-2013, 04:38 PM   #45
rickf325
Private
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Curious, how much is ED invoices vs. ED MSRP?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 06:40 PM   #46
DrKevM5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5, F87 M2

www.bmwconfig.com
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 08:12 PM   #47
mainly
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, '12 CLS63 Kleemann K3

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrbo95gst View Post
This is upsetting. I am picking up my car in May from Munich and probably wont see it in the States until the time when LCI's are being shipped.
I can change the steering wheel myself, but the new IDRIVE is what pisses me off the most.

they're updating the idrive "again"???
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 11:47 AM   #48
dhirm5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 ZCP, 2014 X5 35d

New rendering - LCI F10 M5

Looking good -
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #49
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M5, 18 ZL1 1LE, 18 M3

Can't really tell much difference.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 01:07 PM   #50
jbomb
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5

I agree, it really is extremely subtle.
I usually get worked up about facelifts but this isn't worrying me too much.
It's not like the A5 facelift, that really changed things!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 01:48 PM   #51
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

I think it's a good render. We'd probably tell a large difference if the Angel Eyes were turned on. And the wheels don't look half bad either.

Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 01:48 PM   #52
singularity
Driver
Rep
Drives: M5 (F10)

Are these the "can't tell difference" and "very subtle differences"? I'm pretty sure nobody will enjoy their 1 year old but already 'inferior' M5 at a traffic light when a newer one pulls up and considering we still have some 5+ years until the next one shows up and ruined value of the car I'd say BMW really screwed it up. Before someone jumps with "omg stop crying" get a beer, I'll be the first to sell the car at 60% price loss and buy the new one, I feel and worry more about fellows who paid their last money on buying the 'old model'.

- New angel eyes
- New LED headlights
- New rear lights
- New front bumper
- New iDrive touchpad
- New optional: +20 horsepower and an increase in acceleration
- New optional: 20 inch wheels
- New optional: improved sport exhaust better sound and black tips
- New optional: M steering wheel
- New optional: suspension
- New optional: improved MDM mode
- New optional: steering wheel precision (confirm?)
- More beautiful and updated
- More options that aren't even officially announced yet
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 01:55 PM   #53
avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 Individual M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity
Are these the "can't tell difference" and "very subtle differences"? I'm pretty sure nobody will enjoy their 1 year old but already 'inferior' M5 at a traffic light when a newer one pulls up and considering we still have some 5+ years until the next one shows up and ruined value of the car I'd say BMW really screwed it up. Before someone jumps with "omg stop crying" get a beer, I'll be the first to sell the car at 60% price loss and buy the new one, I feel and worry more about fellows who paid their last money on buying the 'old model'.

- New angel eyes
- New LED headlights
- New rear lights
- New front bumper
- New iDrive touchpad
I have to say, at the end of the day when you go down the list.. what's the most drastic change? I would say the body style "update".

Why take a 60% loss on buying the newer model when you could probably retrofit just about everything? For those who buy a new car every year.. this isn't a big deal. For those who keep the car for 2-3 years, you can retrofit. For those who can't afford to retrofit and have a problem with the LCI.. what can I say? This is the name of the game. BMW is doing what all businesses do.. staying competitive and making a profit. Can't blame them for either.
      04-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #54
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity View Post

- New angel eyes
- New LED headlights
- New rear lights
- New front bumper
- New iDrive touchpad
- More beautiful and updated
- More options that aren't even officially announced yet
Good list!

- Don't care much for the LED Headlights, they offer no better visibility than the Xenons.
- Don't care about the new front bumper. I like the fact that the difference is extremely subtle.
- Don't care about the iDrive touchpad. I would never use it probably. Lol!
- Don't care about the new Angel Eyes, I still love the Circular Design of the Pre-LCI and they are bright enough for me.
- Don't care about power increase - when a tune or bolt ons will make more.
- Don't care about the wheels, I love the style 343 20's.
- Don't care about the sport exhaust (have you seen my videos? Lol!)
- Don't care about the M steering wheel. I'll replace it with the newer one when my Pre-LCI one gets really worn.
- Don't care about the suspension, everyone who gets an LCI M5 will still put H&R lowering springs on it and will negate the improvements of the new suspension anyways.

- Do care about the new Tail Light design. I will probably upgrade this on my Pre-LCI M5 right off the bat.
- Do care about the improved MDM mode. I wonder if there will be more drift angle.
- Do care about the improved steering. Damn you BMW!
- Do care of any other interior changes that they make. There were big improvements in the interior of the E60 M5 when the LCI came out. I just hope that it's not too much difference with the LCI F10 M5's interiors. We still have yet to see.

Just my 69 cents.

Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 02:00 PM   #55
singularity
Driver
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by avlnch View Post
I have to say, at the end of the day when you go down the list.. what's the most drastic change? I would say the body style "update".

Why take a 60% loss on buying the newer model when you could probably retrofit just about everything?

Retrofit the new lights, install the new bumper. You probably already have an a/m exhaust and suspension. At that point who can tell the difference without peeking inside? Maybe you can continue on to retrofit the new iDrive parts. Then at that point you couldn't spot the difference from the outside or by peeking inside.

I'm not going to do all the above to my car. But I don't mind the LCI update. I can understand why some do, but at the end of the day I still don't see it as BMW screwing up. They are just doing what businesses do.
I'd be happy to retrofit if they do, I don't care about idrive and anything in the interior but I really like exterior update with new lights and that Competition Package is something I definitely want. But if they can't be retrofitted I'll be looking for buy a new one, I hope these changes weren't artificially held back to 'sell 2 cars instead of 1' within one life cycle of F10. Either way they can't be criticized for wanting to earn more money and improving the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 02:06 PM   #56
singularity
Driver
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Good list!

- Don't care much for the LED Headlights, they offer no better visibility than the Xenons.
- Don't care about the new front bumper. I like the fact that the difference is extremely subtle.
- Don't care about the iDrive touchpad. I would never use it probably. Lol!
- Don't care about the new Angel Eyes, I still love the Circular Design of the Pre-LCI and they are bright enough for me.
- Don't care about power increase - when a tune or bolt ons will make more.
- Don't care about the wheels, I love the style 343 20's.
- Don't care about the sport exhaust (have you seen my videos? Lol!)
- Don't care about the M steering wheel. I'll replace it with the newer one when my Pre-LCI one gets really worn.
- Don't care about the suspension, everyone who gets an LCI M5 will still put H&R lowering springs on it and will negate the improvements of the new suspension anyways.

- Do care about the new Tail Light design. I will probably upgrade this on my Pre-LCI M5 right off the bat.
- Do care about the improved MDM mode. I wonder if there will be more drift angle.
- Do care about the improved steering. Damn you BMW!
- Do care of any other interior changes that they make. There were big improvements in the interior of the E60 M5 when the LCI came out. I just hope that it's not too much difference with the LCI F10 M5's interiors. We still have yet to see.

Just my 69 cents.
Your exhaust is my favourite

Here's what I want and it's almost the same as your list:
- New angel eyes (possibly with LED)
- New rear lights
- New MDM mode (even though I drift with DSC off when drifting)
- New steering
- More power (only if it's not a ECU update but something else which can proportionally increase with a tune)
- New suspension (I removed my H&R due to being too low and not looking too good for my taste)

The question for me right now is - would all these be retrofittable? From what I've gathered from Mercedes their Performance Package can't be retrofitted once the car is assembled.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 02:12 PM   #57
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity View Post
Your exhaust is my favourite

Here's what I want and it's almost the same as your list:
- New angel eyes (possibly with LED)
- New rear lights
- New MDM mode (even though I drift with DSC off when drifting)
- New steering
- More power (only if it's not a ECU update but something else which can proportionally increase with a tune)
- New suspension (I removed my H&R due to being too low and not looking too good for my taste)

The question for me right now is - would all these be retrofittable? From what I've gathered from Mercedes their Performance Package can't be retrofitted once the car is assembled.
I'm gonna take a guess right now and say that out of your list the MDM will not be retrofittable, unless some tuner can get their hands on the new coding, which I doubt. I don't use MDM that much anyways, DSC Full OFF for me is the way I do it. The steering will not be retrofittable. Can't say about the suspension though. Don't know if they are only offering new springs or other improvements to the suspension with the Competition Package. That's a tough one.

Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 02:15 PM   #58
avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 Individual M5

Anyone else skeptical?? I try to compare these rumors to what BMW has done in the past and try to come to some logical guess of what could be true and what might not be 100% accurate.

I don't know..