BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

06-29-2014, 10:29 AM   #1
ManhattanBMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F13 M6

Disappearing Speed Limit Icon from HUD

Just wondering if others have/are experiencing the speed limit icon disappearing from the HUD display after driving for a while. This seems to happen most frequently when I have my iPhone connected to car, either playing music off my iPhone or streaming radio. When I start driving the car the speed limit icon is visible, but after a while, it disappears, and only comes back after I restart the car.

This leads me to believe this might be a computer memory allocation issue since this does not seem to occur when I use regular radio or satellite radio.
Just wondering if others have been experiencing this, and if so, how it was, or might be, corrected. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2014, 10:47 AM   #2
avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 Individual M5

That feature works with the mirror camera and GPS. It reads speed signs, and if verifiable with GPS, will display the road speed.

So could be connection to the camera or something of the sorts.

Bring jt to the dealer?