Blue.Thunder
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 F10 Comp. Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
+1

Also, I hate how when I go from S mode to D mode, it always goes to D1 mode. I wish it remembered the last D mode setting I had before I went to S mode. Annoying.
I don't know exactly how this is possible but in my M5 LCI it's just the way as you want it to be! I tested it yesterday and no matter whether I switch from D to S or S to D, the DCT remembers the last setting. It's great!

I suppose it depends on the software version of the DCT, which is perhaps newer in the LCI models. Otherwise it is possible that the German DCT software in my M5 is different from the U.S. software. I do not know. That should be checked out by someone here who has an M5 LCI with U.S. software.

Maybe there's already an update of the DCT software that can be installed. If someone could talk to his BMW SA, we could figure ít out.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 08:15 AM   #46
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.S.A View Post
One last thing but its unrealistic BUT I wish We could choose to have a V10 or V8 turbo with similar horsepower.

-
OR...... How about make two versions of the M5 like Porsche does with the 911. A GT3 version and a Turbo Version. Turbo M5 would be like how it is now. 4.4L Twin Turbo V8 making stock horsepower. The GT3 M5 would come with a 5.8L V10 make less horsepower and torque but would weigh 500lbs less. That's the dream.

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 08:26 AM   #47
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue.Thunder View Post
I don't know exactly how this is possible but in my M5 LCI it's just the way as you want it to be! I tested it yesterday and no matter whether I switch from D to S or S to D, the DCT remembers the last setting. It's great!

I suppose it depends on the software version of the DCT, which is perhaps newer in the LCI models. Otherwise it is possible that the German DCT software in my M5 is different from the U.S. software. I do not know. That should be checked out by someone here who has an M5 LCI with U.S. software.

Maybe there's already an update of the DCT software that can be installed. If someone could talk to his BMW SA, we could figure ít out.

Actually I worded it wrong. It's whenever I engage the M button. It's not when I switch between S and D modes. I explained my complaint wrong. Lol! Lets say I put D mode in D2 and then I switch to S Mode and put in S3, well while driving along, and I switch between D and S Mode, the last setting does in fact stay.

The problem that I was trying to describe is whenever the M Button is pushed on the steering wheel. Let's say I'm in D2 mode while driving around and then I push the M1 Button on the Steering wheel which is then programmed for D3 mode. I drive around for a bit with the D3 mode still on because I'm in ///M mode from the steering wheel. Then I decide I don't want to be in ///M mode anymore so I push the M1 button again on the steering wheel to get out of it and return to normal driving. Each and everytime, the DCT will revert back to D1 mode even though the setting I last had in the DCT before I pushed the M1 button was D2.

But if I was driving around in S2 mode before I pushed the M1 Button and then pushed the M1 button again to get out of ///M Mode, the DCT would still revert back to D1 automatically but if I went back to S Mode manually, it would go back to S2, the last setting I had in there for S Mode.

What I want is that whenever I push the M button on the steering wheel to get out of M Mode, the DCT would go back to the last setting I was using whatever it was, be it S2 or D3, instead of always always automatically putting me in D1 mode. That's what is annoying. Lol!

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 09:29 AM   #48
Blue.Thunder
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 F10 Comp. Individual

Quote:
Actually I worded it wrong. It's whenever I engage the M button. It's not when I switch between S and D modes. I explained my complaint wrong. Lol! Lets say I put D mode in D2 and then I switch to S Mode and put in S3, well while driving along, and I switch between D and S Mode, the last setting does in fact stay.

The problem that I was trying to describe is whenever the M Button is pushed on the steering wheel. Let's say I'm in D2 mode while driving around and then I push the M1 Button on the Steering wheel which is then programmed for D3 mode. I drive around for a bit with the D3 mode still on because I'm in ///M mode from the steering wheel. Then I decide I don't want to be in ///M mode anymore so I push the M1 button again on the steering wheel to get out of it and return to normal driving. Each and everytime, the DCT will revert back to D1 mode even though the setting I last had in the DCT before I pushed the M1 button was D2.

But if I was driving around in S2 mode before I pushed the M1 Button and then pushed the M1 button again to get out of ///M Mode, the DCT would still revert back to D1 automatically but if I went back to S Mode manually, it would go back to S2, the last setting I had in there for S Mode.

What I want is that whenever I push the M button on the steering wheel to get out of M Mode, the DCT would go back to the last setting I was using whatever it was, be it S2 or D3, instead of always always automatically putting me in D1 mode. That's what is annoying. Lol!
Ok, now I know what you mean. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I will check this out later with my M5. But I'm afraid your're right about this.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 09:50 AM   #49
avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 Individual M5

@RPiM5 yeah I know what your talking about.

If some Euro/ECE spec M5 owner chimes in saying his M5 shifts smoother or functions differently - I will loose it.

^ E60 M5 owners will understand the above.
      03-04-2014, 01:46 PM   #50
N.S.A
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 Blue Sapphire Metallic

Quote:
OR...... How about make two versions of the M5 like Porsche does with the 911. A GT3 version and a Turbo Version. Turbo M5 would be like how it is now. 4.4L Twin Turbo V8 making stock horsepower. The GT3 M5 would come with a 5.8L V10 make less horsepower and torque but would weigh 500lbs less. That's the dream.
HAHA that would be awesome. They should be a carbon fiber edition m5 I Bet those will sell like they did with the CRT m3 with the GTS engine.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 02:38 PM   #51
avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 Individual M5

"GT3 M5" = my dream M5

Sooo many people would buy it. It would be regarded as the ultimate M5 ever made.

BMW M likes special editions so much they should make a REAL special edition M5. Like you said, 5.X L V10. I bet at least 50% of the members here would opt for it (and pay a premium for it).
      03-04-2014, 11:12 PM   #52
savela
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5M

Ceramic iDrive knob. Can it be purchased separately??!
2011 550i (traded)
Appreciate 0