M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

03-18-2014, 12:26 PM   #111
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-bitious View Post
Got back from PP Performance Germany. First we put my Manhart Racing MH5S on the MAHA dyno to see if the power is really there. Well it was less than what they said, so not as much as when they dynoed the car on their Dynojet. I guess the Maha is the only dyno giving true figures.

The car made 706.3 bhp at the crank. Then we took out the Manhart parts, went catless downpipes and installed PP Performance parts and remapped the ecu's again. Car now makes 790.5 bhp at the crank and feels a lot more powerful. So far no cell at all. The 155 mph limiter is gone.

I wanted to test if I could go over 190 mph, but traffic didn't allow me more than 180 mph. I don't have official proof yet that the old M Drivers pack limiter is gone (although BMW said it is, since it was downgraded to 155 mph). But 200 mph is a serious speed and I don't want to jeopardise my or anyone elses life.

Conclusion: PP Performance created one serious M5 with loads of power, no cell and most likely no speed limiter.
That is a monster!!!

The good thing is also that you dyno'd on the same MAHA dyno, before and after the tune. So at least you know that there is a 80+hp increase on the same dyno

One other interesting thing for M5 owners that has the 155MPH limit (like UK and US owners); PP has managed to at least remove the 155MPH limiter.
Appreciate 0