M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

03-25-2016, 06:40 PM   #23
Tanin
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
After extensive research, I have finally stumbled upon this thread. Those are in fact the Dinan 20" wheels in silver. This picture is probably the only picture on the entire internet of the Dinan wheels in SILVER mounted on an F10 M5. If you try to Google or search for a picture of the Dinan Wheels in Silver you will not find any pictures what so ever. This picture in this thread won't show up in search results. Part of the reason is that there are so few people who have bought the Dinan Wheels for the F10 M5. Another reason is that of those who actually bought the wheels most people get them in Black and lastly of those tiny few people who bought the Dinan wheels in Silver, nobody ever took pictures of them mounted on their F10 M5.

When he mentioned the tire sizes, this also confirmed that these are the Dinan wheels. Yes it's true that Dinan doesn't actually design these wheels they just have another wheel manufacturer make them with Dinan specific offsets, but they are still one of THE best wheels that you can buy for the F10 M5 at the cheapest price. These wheels drop 4-5lbs off from the OEM 343M 20" wheels, they are forged monoblocks, so are strong, and with the Dinan offsets can accommodate 285mm front tires and 305mm rear tires. You aren't going to find another set of wheels that do all of those things for a mere 6k dollars brand new. Yes HRE and BBS make light wheels to any specifications too but they will charge you 8-15 grand depending on what it is, plus everybody has HRE's and BBS's so where's the exclusivity really? The Dinan wheels also happen to look pretty fantastic especially in silver, they really are the best kept secret for the F10 M5.

I'm glad I finally found a picture of these wheels mounted on an F10 in SILVER.

As far as the suspension goes I've been running the Eibachs now for a while and they are great, but I added the Comp Pack Sway bars and it has made the ride a little stiff but still livable. However, I recently added the Dinan Monoball front bushings to my control arms, and there is a noticeable increase in stiffness on the front suspension and now the ride is a little uncomfortable in both street driving and on the highway. I wonder if switching to KW's will improve the ride quality?
The wheels are Forgeline GA1R ( http://www.forgeline.com/products/on...lock/ga1r.html )
I’ve been a fan of Forgeline for years and love the simple clean lines of the GA1R. Yes, Dinan rebadges these for the F10 but only offers in black or silver (painted). I wanted a brushed/clear coat finish so ordered direct through Forgeline. Not sure what offset Dinan does but I went with 26 (F) 28 (R).

Had to laugh about your comment that it’s “probably the only pic on the internet.” I tend to agree with that statement. Had an idea what I wanted but would have been nice to see the setup mounted. Spent many hours searching with no luck.

I don’t have any experience with Eibachs but compared to the CP the KW’s ride quality is amazing. My concern of a harsh ride was gone within the first few miles. I’m actually looking to firm things up even more. I bought the Dinan sways last week and when I install them I will probably adjust the V3’s a little more aggressive.

Aren't you back in S.Cal? If you ever find yourself near the Westlake Village/Thousand Oaks area let me know and your're welcome to drive my car for a comparison.
      03-25-2016, 08:48 PM   #24
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanin View Post
The wheels are Forgeline GA1R ( http://www.forgeline.com/products/on...lock/ga1r.html )
I’ve been a fan of Forgeline for years and love the simple clean lines of the GA1R. Yes, Dinan rebadges these for the F10 but only offers in black or silver (painted). I wanted a brushed/clear coat finish so ordered direct through Forgeline. Not sure what offset Dinan does but I went with 26 (F) 28 (R).

Had to laugh about your comment that it’s “probably the only pic on the internet.” I tend to agree with that statement. Had an idea what I wanted but would have been nice to see the setup mounted. Spent many hours searching with no luck.

I don’t have any experience with Eibachs but compared to the CP the KW’s ride quality is amazing. My concern of a harsh ride was gone within the first few miles. I’m actually looking to firm things up even more. I bought the Dinan sways last week and when I install them I will probably adjust the V3’s a little more aggressive.

Aren't you back in S.Cal? If you ever find yourself near the Westlake Village/Thousand Oaks area let me know and your're welcome to drive my car for a comparison.
Dude that would be so great! I'm telling you after I got the Dinan Monoball bushings installed, the ride has become so much stiffer on the front end. I've only had them on for a week but I can tell the difference. Would be really great to get a comparison with the KW's on your car. I am back in So Cal now for sure. My M5 is currently at the dealer for the next week though getting some damage repaired from the road trip across America I just took, so when I get her back I can take a ride over to you one day soon. I would love to see the wheels in person too!

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2016, 04:49 PM   #25
Hellrot Sachin
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TiAg E90 335i

Does anyone have any experience with the KW V1? I see plenty of great reviews of the V3, but as someone that doesn't really desire adjustability, I wonder..
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2016, 05:25 PM   #26
JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 750 MSPORT & E90M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellrot Sachin
Does anyone have any experience with the KW V1? I see plenty of great reviews of the V3, but as someone that doesn't really desire adjustability, I wonder..
I had KWV1 on an E90. The ride was very smooth, much better than stock. The adjustment was very easy, but it's only a one way adjustment. K&W only makes the V3 and Clubsport for the F10 M5. No V1.
      03-29-2016, 05:41 PM   #27
Housekeeping
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanin View Post
My car is lowered with (F) 285/30-20 (R) 305/30-20 and I find the V3's ride quality as good if not better than stock. Compression and rebound damping blows away OEM. For a baseline with stock CP suspension I was 95% Sport+ / 5% Sport.
Beautiful, what kind of tires? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 11:56 AM   #28
Tanin
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sy1616 View Post
Beautiful, what kind of tires? Thanks
P Zero
      03-30-2016, 05:45 PM   #29
Hellrot Sachin
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TiAg E90 335i

With the V3, how reliable is the EDC delete module? What appears on the dash instead? Or are the controls just there but they don't do anything? And if you code it instead?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 06:32 PM   #30
JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 750 MSPORT & E90M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellrot Sachin
With the V3, how reliable is the EDC delete module? What appears on the dash instead? Or are the controls just there but they don't do anything? And if you code it instead?
Just code EDC off and unplug the EDC module. No need to pay for the K&W EDC delete module as they do overheat (resisters).
      03-30-2016, 07:51 PM   #31
Tanin
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellrot Sachin View Post
I've got the EDC delete module and no issues to date.

You retain the ability to chose different suspension settings but nothing happens.
      10-12-2017, 12:24 PM   #32
DavidC@PRO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 White 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNoSol View Post
....Plus, the OEM replacement struts is $3k a set. K&W V3s is $2500 street price and you can easily resell it for $2k used. If no other options are available, I guess I'll go V3s to lower the car.
street price $2500 for KW V3? You talking about used? Don't remember KW V3's ever being that cheap for the F10 M5