M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

03-31-2013, 08:21 PM   #67
Fitbb
Rep
Drives: 2012 F10 520i F20 118i

Can anyone here tell me can the M 6 Sport steeling wheels fits in a normal F10 520i? Any modification needed? Many thx!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #68
Lorde
Ya ya ya, I am Lorde, ya ya!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, 2015 SQ5

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
so literally, plug and play? No coding? No modifications needed to get it to work, and all buttons work?
Let's see if we can swap this into the E9X M3s (6MT) using a 6MT M6 Wheel!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #69
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snig View Post
Let's see if we can swap this into the E9X M3s (6MT) using a 6MT M6 Wheel!
i was thinking along the same lines....a few issues already though:

1. the pre-LCI F1X M6 only comes with DCT
2. someone told me the F30 steering wheel won't physically fit the E9X cars, i'm not sure how common the F1X and F30 wheels are, they at least look very similar.

I don't mind being the beta tester in this, but I think we need to wait for the LCI M5 6MT to come out with the MT version of the wheel before seriously considering this swap. I'm not even sure if MT will still be offered when the LCI comes out.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 11:13 PM   #70
d3l0n
I love the ///M3, but I want 550hp ///M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW330iE90

Garage List
look GREAT! Best interior combo for the 6 and 5.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2013, 07:54 PM   #71
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Being the owner of both an F10 M5 and an F12 M6 I can tell you the one thing that is markedly better about that M6 wheel-the paddle shifters. No comparison. Feel very much more ergonomic and easier to flip. Not that there is ANY issue or challenge with this on the M5. It is just that these are PERFECT. The wheel itself also just seems to have a better feel. I think the F10 wheel is a bit too bulky and also that the F12/13 wheels is a bit too sleek for the M5. Tiny trade off though. Going to order mine tomorrow. Thanks for the parts info. A very big help. can you PM me with how you sourced it please? I.Have a contact in Germany but yours would prob be an easy and quick route to use. Also mine does not have lane departure. I assume I just delete the vibration part?

AWESOME job with the car. First class. Big HRE nut here too
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2013, 08:17 PM   #72
hsiaochinsan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M / 991 Turbo S / Cayman GT4

I installed mine and love it.

The parts can be sourced from bmwparts.com

You will need the wheel/airbag/and the vibration/heater module.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
Being the owner of both an F10 M5 and an F12 M6 I can tell you the one thing that is markedly better about that M6 wheel-the paddle shifters. No comparison. Feel very much more ergonomic and easier to flip. Not that there is ANY issue or challenge with this on the M5. It is just that these are PERFECT. The wheel itself also just seems to have a better feel. I think the F10 wheel is a bit too bulky and also that the F12/13 wheels is a bit too sleek for the M5. Tiny trade off though. Going to order mine tomorrow. Thanks for the parts info. A very big help. can you PM me with how you sourced it please? I.Have a contact in Germany but yours would prob be an easy and quick route to use. Also mine does not have lane departure. I assume I just delete the vibration part?

06-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #73
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsiaochinsan
I installed mine and love it.

The parts can be sourced from bmwparts.com

You will need the wheel/airbag/and the vibration/heater module.

Quote:

Thank you.

2016 McLaren 675LT - Chicane Grey
2016 Corvette Z07 - Artic White
2016 BMW F86 X6M - Black Sapphire Metallic
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2013, 10:40 PM   #74
hsiaochinsan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M / 991 Turbo S / Cayman GT4

Quote:
Thank you.
Here are more details:

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...29&hg=32&fg=35

Steering wheel: http://www.getbmwparts.com/parts/ind...icleid=1503964
(I am assuming this will include all the parts excluding the vibration/heater module and airbag- I advise you to email them for detail)

Air bag:http://www.getbmwparts.com/parts/ind...icleid=1503964

Module:http://www.getbmwparts.com/parts/ind...icleid=1503964

I haven't installed the module yet since I don't need to use the heating function and don't really use the driver assistant functions. I will install it in few weeks.

The overal installation is not too hard. 5 of 10 in difficulty. You will need to disconnect the battery in the truck completely and follow the instruction here to pop up the air bag.

Disconnect the wire and unscrew / take off the steering wheel. Put the M6 steering wheel back on. Reconnect sensors to the steering wheel and air bag.

I will try to do a DIY post next time I install the module.