M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

03-25-2014, 02:36 PM   #45
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Below Speed Limit View Post
One last thing : a lot of these "crazy" deals are for cars that are sitting in the lots, test driven by 50 people possibly, and has been sitting in the lot for weeks/months hooked up to a battery charger. Now if you can get the same deal on a customer order car, that is a "decent" deal. I would never buy any M car off the lot.
I honestly don't think thats as big a problem as the savings would benefit.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 03:08 PM   #46
emmfive
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2001 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray101381 View Post
is there anyways to calculate what the holdback is so i know what the best deal possible is going forward when i buy another car in the next year or so
I don't know the numbers. I don't think you need to know them to find a fair deal anyways.

On a more important note, do you have pics of your LSB M5 posted somewhere!?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 06:35 PM   #47
bainmd
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
I personally think ot is just an OK deal
And again it can be called good to very good only of OP would build the exact same car if he had to do it all over again, because let's suppose he doesn't care for NVision then add this on top of the sale price as he doesn't care for it in first place and up above all CCB as this is 8k option so this has to be something he wants for sure and would never take the car without which in other words mean he is gonna track it a lot!! Then it is a good deal -

My 2 cents
And in the end I didn't do the deal, mainly because I didn't need the CCB and the NVision. It was a good deal though and someone picked it up shortly after I turned it down.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 09:53 PM   #48
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bainmd View Post
And in the end I didn't do the deal, mainly because I didn't need the CCB and the NVision. It was a good deal though and someone picked it up shortly after I turned it down.
I believe you did the right thing man -
Look for the one that has what you want and only that then make a deal out of it -
Then you have a goodndeal and only then !!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2014, 10:24 PM   #49
Buschy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Below Speed Limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3NNIS View Post
What makes you think this is invoice? This price is absolutely a good deal on this car.
Invoice on the M5 is usually around 92-93% of the MSRP price. When you do the math, invoice minus 1500 which is what everyone should be getting these days makes around 121900. So him getting 121830 is inline with the invoice minus 100 number.

IMO, no dealer will sell the car below invoice at a loss unless they are able to hit you back from some other place, such as:

- Bad trade
- Bad MF or Finance APR
- Cap cost reduction/down payment
- Marked up Acquisition fee or Doc fee
- Tire & Wheel insurance or any other similar packages you may buy

It makes no sense to sell a 130k car at a loss, unless there is some other incentive going on. You also have to remember each car sitting in dealer's lot has a floor planning cost, which is the cost of keeping the car at the dealership.

One last thing : a lot of these "crazy" deals are for cars that are sitting in the lots, test driven by 50 people possibly, and has been sitting in the lot for weeks/months hooked up to a battery charger. Now if you can get the same deal on a customer order car, that is a "decent" deal. I would never buy any M car off the lot.
So 92.5 which is cost( not counting the costs the dealer has prepping and sitting on car) minus 1500 is $122,241 so I can assure you the dealer is losing money on this deal. He probably needed to move units. That mean its a good ass deal.
For the op it's to much money. So you gotta get one that doesn't have stuff you don't want.
Why do people think that they should get more discounts because a car has options they don't want on it. It's not the dealers fault. Lol
      04-16-2014, 04:15 PM   #50
figgie
Private
Rep
Drives: CTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT3 View Post
also… for any car dealership… their REAL profit center is the Service side of the house.
The profit margin on new car sales is single digits. I believe the Service side can get into double-digits.
Someone else here may have more insight…?

Fortune magazine does

enjoy

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jimhenry...ey-off-of-you/

as mentioned before...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortune Magazine

F&I

"For extended-service contracts, the markup can be as high as 100 percent. Dealerships also make a profit on loans and leases negotiated at the dealership. In effect, the dealer gets a cut of the interest rate profit made by the lender."

"The Service and Parts Department is the real workhorse of dealership profits, representing both revenues and gross profit. For the Penske Automotive Group, which has operations in the United States and in the United Kingdom, service and parts represented 13 percent of annual revenues, but 44 percent of the gross profits.

The gross margin for service and parts was 57 percent for the Penske group, vs. just 8 percent for new-vehicle sales."
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2014, 04:50 PM   #51
DrRay81
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 CS Frozen White

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmfiv3 View Post
I don't know the numbers. I don't think you need to know them to find a fair deal anyways.

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=964894
2017 F87 M2 BSM DCT, Executive, IND Cosmetic package (painted front reflectors, black grills, black badge, accexxon rear reflectors), IND floor mats, Mode Carbon Rear Spoiler, Dinan Resonator Delete, CTS Intake, Eibach Pro kit
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 03:12 PM   #52
emmfive
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2001 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray101381
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmfiv3 View Post

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=964894
I saw that. It looks amazing!
Appreciate 0