BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

11-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #1
ghueser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Warning Triangle and First Aid Kit

Just currious, is the Warning Triangle and First Aid kit inlcuded on US M5 Vehicles? (Normally they are not on the regular 5 series vehicles)

If not I imagine I could use the ones I got for my 2011 535, and are saving them for the new car.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2013, 01:53 PM   #2
nybimmerfan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6-Spd Manual MCB M5

Warning Triangle and First Aid Kit

I believe the 2 above-mentioned items are mandatory in Germany and if I remember right was also told so for Austria. An orange "safety" vest is mandatory in Austria too. This is the reason why the 2 mandatory items are given with away at the BMW Welt during ED and when one is travelling through Austria, the orange vest is a necessary item to have lest the cops stop you and check these items. They are not mandatory in the U.S. and at the end of ED when the car is to be shipped, these items are best taken out of the car otherwise the shipping agency takes them off the car as U.S. customs is very strict and items not in the shipping manifest must be removed from the car prior to its arrival at the U.S. port.
      11-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #3
ghueser
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybimmerfan View Post
I believe the 2 above-mentioned items are mandatory in Germany and if I remember right was also told so for Austria. An orange "safety" vest is mandatory in Austria too. This is the reason why the 2 mandatory items are given with away at the BMW Welt during ED and when one is travelling through Austria, the orange vest is a necessary item to have lest the cops stop you and check these items. They are not mandatory in the U.S. and at the end of ED when the car is to be shipped, these items are best taken out of the car otherwise the shipping agency takes them off the car as U.S. customs is very strict and items not in the shipping manifest must be removed from the car prior to its arrival at the U.S. port.
That's what I thought. As with prior 5 series, our DOT does not allow the traingle and first aid kit.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2013, 03:16 PM   #4
DrKevM5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5, F87 M2

Purchased mine in Canada.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #5
Orich
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Not included for Canada. I've asked the dealership, and they said it's only for European cars.

Maybe the international standard equipment list changed for Canada? because my old 2004 Audi has both included.
      11-11-2013, 03:36 PM   #6
skypx
Veteran U.S. Army
Germany
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghueser View Post
Just currious, is the Warning Triangle and First Aid kit inlcuded on US M5 Vehicles? (Normally they are not on the regular 5 series vehicles)

If not I imagine I could use the ones I got for my 2011 535, and are saving them for the new car.

Thanks
This may seem cynical, but I can't imagine rendering aid to someone in need, saving their life, and then they sue me for an unrelated reason (USA). Plus, there is no way I'm going to try to employ a warning triangle on any road in the US. They will run me over before I can get back to the car.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2013, 04:16 PM   #7
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

Us models did not receive it.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2013, 05:47 PM   #8
DrKevM5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5, F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orich
Not included for Canada. I've asked the dealership, and they said it's only for European cars.

Maybe the international standard equipment list changed for Canada? because my old 2004 Audi has both included.
You can order any European part from any Canadian dealer.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #9
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 458SPY, GT3RS on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghueser View Post

Thanks
Received mine with ED last year.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2013, 09:12 PM   #10
Orich
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKevM5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orich

You can order any European part from any Canadian dealer.
What's that orange thing on the left? I don't have it either.
How much do they cost to order all 3 items?