M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

01-05-2015, 12:43 PM   #1
frisky
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 ///M5 Individual

Frozen Colors - Real World Experience?

Does anyone here have a BMW frozen color and live in a place with extreme hot and cold weather? Im spec'ing my build and always wanted frozen cashmere silver but living in NYC, with our hot summers and cold winters with snow might not be the right way to go... Any thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks!
f.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 03:12 PM   #2
supremepower
Supreme Leader
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80, 996GT2, 996TT, 991RS 356b

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisky View Post
Does anyone here have a BMW frozen color and live in a place with extreme hot and cold weather? Im spec'ing my build and always wanted frozen cashmere silver but living in NYC, with our hot summers and cold winters with snow might not be the right way to go... Any thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks!
f.
I don't know if you would consider it "extreme" heat, but I had a 2013 Frozen White M5 in SoCal.

I washed the car about once every 2 weeks by hand with microfiber towels ONLY. I also had to keep a spray bottle with soap on hand in the trunk incase of tree sap, bugs, dirty water marks, or bird poop.

I suggest getting the xpel stealth matte clear bra immediately, because the paint is a bit sensitive and prone to rock chips.

- Justin @ SupremePower
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2015, 11:54 AM   #3
frisky
First Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for your answer! I got some pretty good advice on this thread as well: http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1039981

Seems like a matte wrap is the way to go - I'll probably end up getting it on the entire car. Now my only worry is the 2 weeks I'll be driving it around Europe after I do my ED in the summer... Guess I'll have to be really careful.

f.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2015, 04:08 PM   #4
thebishman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘24 iX M60

I would also recommend saving the extra money for the matte paint and just wrap your favorite colour with Xpel Stealth. So easy to take care of as there's no waxing necessary. Just wash, dry and go.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2015, 06:40 PM   #5
frisky
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebishman View Post
I would also recommend saving the extra money for the matte paint and just wrap your favorite colour with Xpel Stealth. So easy to take care of as there's no waxing necessary. Just wash, dry and go.
But then thats cheating... ;-)

f.
Appreciate 0