M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

06-04-2014, 09:38 PM   #1
Defense
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP, 2018 X4

Insurance Rates?

What are you guys paying for your monthly insurance rates on the m5s? Just trying to factor in all cost associated with purchasing one of these hosses. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 09:59 PM   #2
///SAL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 ///M5 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtdm5
What are you guys paying for your monthly insurance rates on the m5s? Just trying to factor in all cost associated with purchasing one of these hosses. Thanks!
25 yrs old 6 points on license

$9xx.00 for 6 months

Geico
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 11:10 PM   #3
PhilT3
6'0 / 250lb
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///SAL View Post

$9xx.00 for 6 months

Geico
25 and driving a new M5... Not too shabby! At 25 I was doing well, but not that well! And they say the younger generation is having a hard time finding good jobs!

To the OP... Why don't you simply ask your insurance agent? It's really that easy. Rates fluctuate drastically from company to company and person to person.
Mods: SunTek CXP tint - Vinyl-wrapped door handle chrome - Macht Schnell 12mm spacers - Pedalhaus pedals - iND Cosmetic Package - Polished 90mm exh tips - Coded by v12 - 21" HRE S107's polished lip/black center
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 12:01 AM   #4
isugoo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT3 View Post
To the OP... Why don't you simply ask your insurance agent? It's really that easy. Rates fluctuate drastically from company to company and person to person.
and.... state by state as well.
I had a geico in VA with great rate then it went up so much after I moved to CA.
I switched to different insurance company who has a lot better rate in CA.

PAST: F80 M3 ZCP | 911.1 C2S | F10 M5 ZCP | E70 X5M | E90 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 06:32 AM   #5
///SAL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 ///M5 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///SAL View Post

$9xx.00 for 6 months

Geico
25 and driving a new M5... Not too shabby! At 25 I was doing well, but not that well! And they say the younger generation is having a hard time finding good jobs!

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 07:14 AM   #6
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

slightly off topic sorry.

I always try to make sure and warn everyone I can bc I got hosed a while back, make sure you get a insurance company that will cover "new factory OEM BMW parts" a lot of insurers do not do this but instead offer something else but in return offer a lifetime warranty from them which unfortunately does not work with BMW warranty.

Example if you have a some issue with your radiator in a accident and you get it replaced with a non brand new OEM BMW part, and down the road you have a check engine light and you bring it into your dealer and there is an issue with something related in anyway with that radiator BMW dealer can void the warranty. The reason is they can not back a part that is not OEM bc they have no history with that product if that make sense.

I learned the hard way a few years back when I was with GEICO and since then I have changed to farmers and made sure my policy covers everything with only new OEM BMW parts.

just throwing it out there, its just advice take it if you like. I have a great guy for anyone who is in CA. He has been in the business for decades and has covered the Thomas family and stores for decades.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 07:34 AM   #7
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
slightly off topic sorry.

I always try to make sure and warn everyone I can bc I got hosed a while back, make sure you get a insurance company that will cover "new factory OEM BMW parts" a lot of insurers do not do this but instead offer something else but in return offer a lifetime warranty from them which unfortunately does not work with BMW warranty.

Example if you have a some issue with your radiator in a accident and you get it replaced with a non brand new OEM BMW part, and down the road you have a check engine light and you bring it into your dealer and there is an issue with something related in anyway with that radiator BMW dealer can void the warranty. The reason is they can not back a part that is not OEM bc they have no history with that product if that make sense.

I learned the hard way a few years back when I was with GEICO and since then I have changed to farmers and made sure my policy covers everything with only new OEM BMW parts.

just throwing it out there, its just advice take it if you like. I have a great guy for anyone who is in CA. He has been in the business for decades and has covered the Thomas family and stores for decades.
Wow
That is why I love this forum because you get to learn something new everyday, we'll I will check with my Carrier which is Ameriprise abiut this OEM thing! also guys make sure you have umbrella coverage up to 1-2 m $ as if you have an accident and hurt someone 300k won't cut it and if they go after you you will pay that out of pocket!!
OP: I am paying 450$ per 6 months and not sure there is a better deal out there!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 01:41 PM   #8
Bahn360Photo
Fitness Gene
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4

Garage List
2006 bmw m5  [10.00]
2016 bmw z4 35is  [7.50]
2000 bmw m5  [10.00]
2018 BMW M4  [10.00]
1987 BMW 325 Conver ...  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
Wow
That is why I love this forum because you get to learn something new everyday, we'll I will check with my Carrier which is Ameriprise abiut this OEM thing! also guys make sure you have umbrella coverage up to 1-2 m $ as if you have an accident and hurt someone 300k won't cut it and if they go after you you will pay that out of pocket!!
OP: I am paying 450$ per 6 months and not sure there is a better deal out there!

thats a civic you are paying!

Effective 11 Min Home Workouts?????
No equipment?????
20 years of experience
Spartan Race winner
PROtrainer!
Click the link??
https://www.youtube.com/c/FitnessGene
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 07:07 PM   #9
infamousq
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ford Raptor

With both of my cars I am paying $140 a month. When I sell my E60 M5 and replace it with the F10 my insurance will go up $12 a month not that bad.....
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 11:52 PM   #10
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahn360Photo View Post

thats a civic you are paying!
That's why I am scared of that next speeding ticket or reckless driving because of the beast that will change that rate way up - , though I don't speed much, the other day a black tinted Camaro approached me and a guy in his mid 40's pulled down his driver's window at the stop light and when the window was all the way down I saw a police badge on the side of his left arm - and I knew he was just trying to talk about the car and he gave me a couple of complements and I told him "Hope I don't get in trouble because of it" and he replied "Very hard in that thing; it wants to run" and I thought "Hope you are wrong", I never had a problem enjoying my car because of fears of legal issues because of it till I got this car! It is teaching me how to learn how to "Get a grip"!
Appreciate 0