M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

View Poll Results: Do you let valet drive your M5?
Yes 16 33.33%
No 32 66.67%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

01-12-2014, 10:02 AM   #67
s4awd
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 GT3RS, 08 E92 M3, 06 Evo IX

Unfortunately I have to park in NYC. No matter how good the guys, how big the lot is, how much you tip, shit happens. Busy holiday, new employees, drivers pulling up and hitting your car. All my M's are parked in lots and they all got dinged dented and all covered but sent to a detailer who at times can be good or horrible who also wash your car and add more swirl marks. Leasing the cars is the only thing that saves my sanity when thinking about it.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2014, 12:01 PM   #68
GarbageMan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4awd View Post
Unfortunately I have to park in NYC. No matter how good the guys, how big the lot is, how much you tip, shit happens. Busy holiday, new employees, drivers pulling up and hitting your car. All my M's are parked in lots and they all got dinged dented and all covered but sent to a detailer who at times can be good or horrible who also wash your car and add more swirl marks. Leasing the cars is the only thing that saves my sanity when thinking about it.
I guess leasing would help in your scenario. I'd still need to be medicated in that circumstance--not only for the reasons you detail, but this "honking thing" that y'all have up there as a form of communication...couldn't do it. Someone lays on the horn with me, the car goes in park, and I'm getting out to visit...
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2014, 12:17 PM   #69
LSM
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 Porsche 911 GTS Cab

Never ever let them drive it bc if they do something to it they always claim was there, and if they dont you know they joy ride...