Originally Posted by sbassi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbassi View Post
Mike was is stage 2?
Stage I. Stock 2013, non comp pack.
Nice.. Can't wait
Well just installed the BPM tune. Man oh man. Where do I begin. The title of this thread explains it all, This car is a BEAST.

Very very satisfied with this tune. With the piggy back I would get dtml after a week or so, so hopefully this doesn't happen.

Thanks Mike you were very helpful throughout this process.

Granted i don't have great tires, I was hitting traction control warning on third gear.

Fuck what a beauty!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 11:35 PM   #90
Eddybro
Captain
Rep
Drives: Melbourne e90 and SG e92

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Mike was is stage 2?
Nice.. Can't wait
Well just installed the BPM tune. Man oh man. Where do I begin. The title of this thread explains it all, This car is a BEAST.

Very very satisfied with this tune. With the piggy back I would get dtml after a week or so, so hopefully this doesn't happen.

Granted i don't have great tires, I was hitting traction control warning on third gear.

Fuck what a beauty!!!
Congrats man. It's hard to explain what a difference it makes... Most of the times, it's a "whoa shit" experience.. Like "whoa shit" that's a lot of power, or "whoa shit" my rear just came out at 80mph.. Lol
sbassi39.00
      09-01-2016, 04:02 PM   #91
f10eugene
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW m5

I've had mine tuned since April...Mike is a MAGICIAN.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2016, 04:07 PM   #92
sbassi
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4M50

Garage List
2023 BMW i4M50  [0.00]
2019 BMW X6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddybro
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Mike was is stage 2?
Nice.. Can't wait

Fuck what a beauty!!!
Congrats man. It's hard to explain what a difference it makes... Most of the times, it's a "whoa shit" experience.. Like "whoa shit" that's a lot of power, or "whoa shit" my rear just came out at 80mph.. Lol
Lol yeah it is hard to explain what's the feelings are
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2016, 06:51 AM   #93
Db750
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 991S & 2013 M3 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhaze3 View Post
Mike thank you as always for the thorough and articulate responses to questions.
Couldn't agree more with the above, and that makes me much more comfortable moving forward with a tune on this car. Planning on moving forward with this tune in the spring along with new tires to replace the shitty oem Pzeros. The M6 is my wife's car so the biggest challenge will be finding a time when she won't need it for three days.

Great thread! Subscribed for more info.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 04:39 PM   #94
BPMSport
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m5 guy View Post
This is definitely tempting. Subscribed for more reviews. Still breaking in the beast so I figure I still have some time to research lol...
You can be like Razell on the forums here - we picked up his car brand new from the dealer with 7 miles on it, tuned it with about 25 miles or so, and then had it shipped back to him. It's never too soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerxst M5 View Post
Mike, do you have any packing tips once they're removed for shipping - bubble wrap or anything you recommend to keep them intact? Blue tape maybe covering the connectors?
Sorry for the slow reply everyone! Was out of town for the holiday weekend.

Fortunately they are very resilient DME's so they are pretty hard to damage. We definitely recommend packaging them with bubble wrap on all sides. You're better off with the bubble wrap that has the larger bubbles as opposed to the smaller bubble wrap. As far as the connectors, you can put tape over them if you'd like but it's not necessary, the pins are recessed down in the connector bodies so it would be pretty difficult to damage them. We do recommend rotating the DMEs in a circle while perpendicular to the floor, first one way all around and then the other way to spill out any coolant that's left in the lines so this does not spill out during shipment. It's also really important to label the DME's "PASSENGER" and "DRIVER" to ensure that they are reinstalled in the correct location when they are sent back to you. I am still working on a removal and reinstallation guide but anyone that needs help on this for the time being can message or call me and I’d be happy to walk you through it/explain in depth to make sure everything goes smoothly. We provide every customer with bleeding instructions for the cooling system (very easy process), and can include new factory clamps or hose clamps to resecure the cooling lines after reinstallation at your request.

Quote:

Fuck what a beauty!!!
Steve, glad to hear the DME's arrived back safely and that the beast is alive! My pleasure working with you and please keep us updated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by f10eugene View Post
I've had mine tuned since April...Mike is a MAGICIAN.
Thank you! Glad you and Sean are enjoying the tune!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Db750 View Post
Couldn't agree more with the above, and that makes me much more comfortable moving forward with a tune on this car. Planning on moving forward with this tune in the spring along with new tires to replace the shitty oem Pzeros. The M6 is my wife's car so the biggest challenge will be finding a time when she won't need it for three days.

Great thread! Subscribed for more info.
Thank you! Tires probably won’t matter first and second gear, but third and fourth it will definitely help!

If anyone has any questions please let me know!

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 1
Lerxst M4142.00
      09-06-2016, 10:15 PM   #95
RazDaz
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 550i

I too have been apart of the Benvo experience!

Mike picked my car up from the dealership and tuned it for me before making sure it was loaded up on the truck and shipped to me.

I didn't experience the car before the tune, and truthfully at first I didn't really know what I had. But after the break in service I went on a back road and proceeded to scare the shit out of myself. Concentrating on shifting, I was at 167mph before I knew it. I feel like I'm driving around a caged animal. I try to keep it garage half the week, but by Wednesday I'm itching to drive it. I ride around looking for someone to talk shit lol as I try to find my place on the food chain in this city.

As for customer service, Mike responds to every message as if I was a friend. Even if it's at an inconvenient time, he still responds to let me know we will chat later. Nothing but professionalism, if I get the itch to go past Stage 1 I will be contacting him without hesitation. I was debating between two companies and to no fault of the other tuner, Mike just put me at ease. His technical vocabulary that mostly went over my head gave me the confidence that troubles would be minimal and troubleshooting would be simple. Thanks again, Mike for helping me shred these tires and causing me to invest in a radar detector. Definitely recommend him to others.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2016, 08:26 PM   #96
Bostons_Finest_
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5 2008 M5

Sorry mike sent you two pm....was typing off my phone an didn't know if the first one went thru!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2016, 02:21 AM   #97
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazDaz View Post
I too have been apart of the Benvo experience!

Mike picked my car up from the dealership and tuned it for me before making sure it was loaded up on the truck and shipped to me.

I didn't experience the car before the tune, and truthfully at first I didn't really know what I had. But after the break in service I went on a back road and proceeded to scare the shit out of myself. Concentrating on shifting, I was at 167mph before I knew it. I feel like I'm driving around a caged animal. I try to keep it garage half the week, but by Wednesday I'm itching to drive it. I ride around looking for someone to talk shit lol as I try to find my place on the food chain in this city.

As for customer service, Mike responds to every message as if I was a friend. Even if it's at an inconvenient time, he still responds to let me know we will chat later. Nothing but professionalism, if I get the itch to go past Stage 1 I will be contacting him without hesitation. I was debating between two companies and to no fault of the other tuner, Mike just put me at ease. His technical vocabulary that mostly went over my head gave me the confidence that troubles would be minimal and troubleshooting would be simple. Thanks again, Mike for helping me shred these tires and causing me to invest in a radar detector. Definitely recommend him to others.
Thank you! Glad you're enjoying the beast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostons_Finest_ View Post
Sorry mike sent you two pm....was typing off my phone an didn't know if the first one went thru!
Didn't get a PM, please resend

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2016, 12:59 PM   #98
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostons_Finest_
Received PM, will reply tomorrow or Monday - out of town for weekend.

Bunch of DMEs were shipped back yesterday, let me know how it is for those waiting to get them back

Appreciate 0
      09-10-2016, 01:42 PM   #99
TheHouseWon
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Damn, Mike and Alex are dominating the tune game. They're raking in some serious loot !

Congrats--mine is next!
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2016, 04:17 PM   #100
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHouseWon
Damn, Mike and Alex are dominating the tune game. They're raking in some serious loot !

Congrats--mine is next!
Serious lute will be when OBD flashing is available We've done thousands of E9x M3, E6x M5, and E7x X5 in 50 countries around the world, so the Fxx chassis only represents 10-15% or so of our business given the constraints of removing and mailing the DMEs. OBD flashing, when available, will be a true game changer as it will turn hours into minutes with no DME removal or shipping.

Fortunately removal of the M5 and 550 DMEs is much less complex than removal of the ECUs from the rest of the product line such as the F8x M3/M4 and all of the other 35i engines. The easiest ones to get to and tune are actually the 320/328, which practically have the same DME as the M5, but only one with no connection to the intercooler circuit.

For those that asked for a removal/reinstallation guide, a comprehensive manual is in the works.

Let me know when you're ready!

Appreciate 0
      09-10-2016, 09:19 PM   #101
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

when will OBD flashing be available? or did i miss that in this thread lol
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2016, 09:27 PM   #102
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3
when will OBD flashing be available? or did i miss that in this thread lol
No ETA yet, work in progress... I don't think anytime in the near future unfortunately.

Appreciate 0
      09-11-2016, 07:52 AM   #103
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Ok just asking, because i wouldve waited to do it if it was within 4 months or so
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 11:50 AM   #104
sbassi
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4M50

Garage List
2023 BMW i4M50  [0.00]
2019 BMW X6  [0.00]
Update!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Mike was is stage 2?
Nice.. Can't wait

Fuck what a beauty!!!
So I have had the tune now for about two weeks or so. I couldn't be happier with the results. I have not had any DTML since the install and don't expect any either.

The car feels great and just installed my cousins BPM tune sgandotraM5.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 09:49 PM   #105
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Mike was is stage 2?
Nice.. Can't wait

Fuck what a beauty!!!
So I have had the tune now for about two weeks or so. I couldn't be happier with the results. I have not had any DTML since the install and don't expect any either.

The car feels great and just installed my cousins BPM tune sgandotraM5.
Happy to hear and thanks for the update! We've had a lot of people switch from other flavors to our software and this has resolved drivetrain malfunction errors. These should only pop up when there is a legitimate issue with a coil, plug, injectors, sensor, or hardware issue.

Thanks for your business everyone, more DMEs will be shipped back tomorrow

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 08:41 PM   #106
sgandotraM5
Rep
Drives: bmw m5 f10

Quote:
Just had my tune done Friday with Mike at BPM Sport.

All I have to say is FUUUHHKKKKK...
The car is literally a whole new beast!!

There is absolutely no lag between hitting the gas and boost building up.

The car is a literally like a possessed demon!

The tune is a Stage 2 Setup for 91 octane.

Anyone considering getting a tune, I highly recommend it!! Hit up Mike at BPM sport!
Your right man
Just got my car tuned from mike @ bpm sport

Whoa what a difference ... Love the tune !!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 11:55 PM   #107
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Glad everyone is enjoying the software. It's a whole new beast now!

We've had a number of customers ask for it... so here it is..

A 13 page color comprehensive DME removal guide with the following topics covered:

1. Notes and Safety Precautions
2. Preparation for Removal
3. DME Removal, Handling, Labeling
4. DME Shipping
5. DME Reinstallation
6. Final Checkup and Cooling System Bleeding

Those of you interested in sending your DME's to us for programming, please contact us to request a copy of the guide. Thank you!

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 11:58 PM   #108
Eddybro
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgandotraM5
Quote:
Just had my tune done Friday with Mike at BPM Sport.

All I have to say is FUUUHHKKKKK...
The car is literally a whole new beast!!

There is absolutely no lag between hitting the gas and boost building up.

The car is a literally like a possessed demon!

The tune is a Stage 2 Setup for 91 octane.

Anyone considering getting a tune, I highly recommend it!! Hit up Mike at BPM sport!
Your right man
Just got my car tuned from mike @ bpm sport

Whoa what a difference ... Love the tune !!!!
That's awesome! Congrats! Enjoy it!!
      09-14-2016, 12:03 AM   #109
Eddybro
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Glad everyone is enjoying the software. It's a whole new beast now!

We've had a number of customers ask for it... so here it is..

A 13 page color comprehensive DME removal guide with the following topics covered:

1. Notes and Safety Precautions
2. Preparation for Removal
3. DME Removal, Handling, Labeling
4. DME Shipping
5. DME Reinstallation
6. Final Checkup and Cooling System Bleeding

Those of you interested in sending your DME's to us for programming, please contact us to request a copy of the guide. Thank you!
Sweet. This is super legit. Awesome Mike!
      09-14-2016, 11:19 PM   #110
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
More DMEs were shipped back today.

Removal guide was sent to those that requested it.

Thanks for your business and support everyone!

Appreciate 0