BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

08-25-2023, 09:27 AM   #1
vadimshalukhin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3

Sakhir Orange F10 M5 Rebuild and Build Thread

Hi guys, I just bought my first F10 M5 sight unseen from State Farm at an insurance auction. Previously I have owned a E63 M6, and a F80 M3 Competition. Both were also purchased and rebuilt from insurance auctions. I was actually looking to buy another F80 to replace the one that I have sold earlier this year but this Sakhir Orange M5 caught my eye and I ended up having the highest bid. It is currently being shipped to me from San Diego, CA to Spartanburg, SC. Hopefully there isn't too much hidden damages and all it needs is just the front and rear bumpers repainted. It's a gamble but it's paid off with the M3 and M6. The Carfax report was clean up until this accident and it was totaled because of this accident. Here's some pictures of the car and the 2 previous M cars I've owned. I'll update more when the car gets delivered.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
M5Rick60073.50
      08-25-2023, 09:38 AM   #2
M5_Brandoe
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black sapphire M5

Very nice ! Some times you get lucky with these auctions ! I’m subscribed to this. Keep us updated once it arrives to you.
      08-25-2023, 10:22 AM   #3
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Looks like a steal and the engine is running fine.
Appreciate 1
      08-25-2023, 10:31 AM   #4
SpeedProtocol
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 F10 M5 - '21 F90 M5

wtf they totaled a 40k car for some paint damage?!
2021 M5 Motegi Red- Stock
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2023, 10:58 AM   #5
M5_Brandoe
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droner View Post
wtf they totaled a 40k car for some paint damage?!
Might be some underlying issues.. maybe underneath the car. I’m curious why they totaled it out.
      08-25-2023, 11:06 AM   #6
vadimshalukhin
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_Brandoe View Post
Might be some underlying issues.. maybe underneath the car. I’m curious why they totaled it out.
I’ll update when it gets delivered
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2023, 01:54 PM   #7
SpeedProtocol
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

looks like the right trim is missing under the hood and something got circled with paint near the strut tower. cant really tell from the picture. maybe some kind of suspension damage? the owner accidentally went off-roading maybe? lol
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2023, 01:56 PM   #8
vadimshalukhin
United_States
Rep

Quote:
looks like the right trim is missing under the hood and something got circled with paint near the strut tower. cant really tell from the picture. maybe some kind of suspension damage?
Possibly. I saw that too. It can’t be too bad with how the wheel looks
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2023, 04:03 PM   #9
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
On the surface she looks great, hope this restore goes really well.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 1
      08-28-2023, 07:31 PM   #10
vadimshalukhin
United_States
Rep

Update: The M5 was delivered this morning. It had to be forklifted off the trailer because the battery was completely dead and the car wouldn't go into gear even after being jumped. New battery fixed the issue and I drove it straight into the shop and on the lift to get inspected. Engine runs perfectly. Besides the scuffs on the bumpers, the exterior and interior are flawless.

No surprise damages. I was expecting some undercarriage damage, and will most likely be ordering most of the driver side front suspension components. The insurance company put an X on pretty much every control arm and strut even though I can only see that maybe 1 of the control arms are bent. Won't be taking any chances, so will probably just replace everything. The wheels and tires have no damage. The rest of the bottom of the car looks completely intact including all the radiators and coolers. The insurance company took off a lot of the plastic shields and they were all in the trunk. The front and rear bumpers have scuffs but not enough to need to replace them. Took the bumpers off and dropped them off at my paint guy's shop to be repaired/repainted hopefully by the end of the week. Will also have them black out the chrome fender vents and paint reflectors to match the paint.

Will also be powder-coating the rims but haven't fully decided on what color. Leaning towards gloss black, but also considering satin black, gunmetal gray, or maybe dark bronze. Also I have already ordered new front grills and trunk badge in gloss black.

Can't wait to get it done and back on the road
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
M5Rick60073.50
      08-28-2023, 10:07 PM   #11
M5_Brandoe
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadimshalukhin View Post
Update: The M5 was delivered this morning. It had to be forklifted off the trailer because the battery was completely dead and the car wouldn't go into gear even after being jumped. New battery fixed the issue and I drove it straight into the shop and on the lift to get inspected. Engine runs perfectly. Besides the scuffs on the bumpers, the exterior and interior are flawless.

No surprise damages. I was expecting some undercarriage damage, and will most likely be ordering most of the driver side front suspension components. The insurance company put an X on pretty much every control arm and strut even though I can only see that maybe 1 of the control arms are bent. Won't be taking any chances, so will probably just replace everything. The wheels and tires have no damage. The rest of the bottom of the car looks completely intact including all the radiators and coolers. The insurance company took off a lot of the plastic shields and they were all in the trunk. The front and rear bumpers have scuffs but not enough to need to replace them. Took the bumpers off and dropped them off at my paint guy's shop to be repaired/repainted hopefully by the end of the week. Will also have them black out the chrome fender vents and paint reflectors to match the paint.

Will also be powder-coating the rims but haven't fully decided on what color. Leaning towards gloss black, but also considering satin black, gunmetal gray, or maybe dark bronze. Also I have already ordered new front grills and trunk badge in gloss black.

Can't wait to get it done and back on the road
Wow!!!! You must be super happy that it’s so minor. That’s awesome, can’t wait to see it back in it’s prime.

Congrats again
      08-29-2023, 10:36 AM   #12
SpeedProtocol
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Wow! I bet you are happy it turned out so minor. Thats gonna be a nice ride. Looks exactly like mine except I have black interior and xenon headlights.

Those suspension components are darn expensive. I just changed lower control arms. M-Tax if I have ever seen it.

If you dont mind me asking how much did you get it for? u can PM me if u dont want to post it.
Appreciate 2
      08-29-2023, 07:46 PM   #13
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
That is fantastic news! That is a great price to pay for a low miles M5
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 2
      08-30-2023, 09:55 AM   #14
SpeedProtocol
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

If you fix it yourself you know its done right.

Great deal.

You gonna have an extra passenger side lower control arm from that auction by any chance? lol
Appreciate 1
      08-30-2023, 07:28 PM   #15
vadimshalukhin
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If you fix it yourself you know its done right.

Great deal.

You gonna have an extra passenger side lower control arm from that auction by any chance? lol
I’m not replacing anything on the passenger side lol.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2023, 09:42 AM   #16
SpeedProtocol
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadimshalukhin View Post
I’m not replacing anything on the passenger side lol.
I was hoping you meant you got a full suspension. ha
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2023, 07:17 PM   #17
vadimshalukhin
United_States
Rep

Update: The M5 has been amazing.Has been my daily driver with over 3k miles since repairs with 0 issues.

Added mods -
-Carbon fiber front lip
-Carbon fiber rear diffuser
-12" Android display with Apple CarPlay
-Alcantara steering wheel wrap.
-Megan mufflers
-Resonator delete

Currently have it posted for sale, but if I don't end up selling, I will do downpipes, and a tune.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
M5Rick60073.50
Ickdeep5720.50
      11-04-2023, 10:47 AM   #18
JDMSteven
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F13 M6, '94 JDM Supra

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [10.00]
Very nice rebuild and gorgeous car. If you do sell, GLWS.
Vorsteiner VFF-103 Carbon Graphite 343M dimensions • H&R Lowering Springs • Soul PP Resonated Muffler Delete • AeroFunction AF-1 Carbon Front Lip • Carbon Front Grilles • Carbon Mirror Caps • IND Black Fender Vents
Appreciate 1