M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

09-18-2015, 05:41 PM   #67
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

I've watched your video, I want the sound as well and from 3:58 onwards tells me all I needed to know.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2015, 09:52 PM   #68
Grumpywings
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M5 CP CCB, Triple Black

You can have your drywall screws and home depot ducts.

I'm available in Dallas if you want an actual test against a tuned, turbo back, MSR intake M5.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2015, 10:07 PM   #69
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep

If you watch the video, he walked some Home Depot metal ducting that's been welded and painted. Yes, the MSR looks all nice and custom but who cares if you're losing the race while looking cool.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2015, 11:38 PM   #70
Mgone
Banned
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpywings View Post
You can have your drywall screws and home depot ducts.

I'm available in Dallas if you want an actual test against a tuned, turbo back, MSR intake M5.
I have the Homemade stuffs, and it works! 😜😜😜
Lol.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2015, 11:45 PM   #71
Mgone
Banned
Rep
Drives: X5

I have the Homemade stuffs, and it works!
Lol.

Both have Same Tune
Only difference is
My dp 3"
His dp 2.75 w/msr
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-19-2015, 01:10 AM   #72
Grumpywings
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M5 CP CCB, Triple Black

I guess we'll always have guys with BMW money, but Honda Civic taste. Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2015, 11:51 PM   #73
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Having been to Dubai and other countries money, money has ZERO guarantee of taste. Not to defend the Honda guys either, but they're able to accomplish amazing things with small engines and small budgets. I chose BMW for safety and creature comforts, but I hate their absurd prices. While you spending more gives you your the placebo affect that you're actually getting quality, just remember it isn't always the case.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2015, 05:44 AM   #74
m6beast
Captain
Rep
Drives: stock m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
Having been to Dubai and other countries money, money has ZERO guarantee of taste. Not to defend the Honda guys either, but they're able to accomplish amazing things with small engines and small budgets. I chose BMW for safety and creature comforts, but I hate their absurd prices. While you spending more gives you your the placebo affect that you're actually getting quality, just remember it isn't always the case.
I'm sorry m5james you feel this way! You have no idea what it takes to build a product hand made and be consistent every time and all the CNC parts that come with it. And let's not forget all the testing and perfecting to fit like oem while making a system that is esetheticaly pleasing and get no cels on everyday driving no mater the mod.

It's easy to copy someone's hard work and claim it's no big deal and compare it to eBay or homedepot piping. The intake has changed so many time with so many hoses and clamps, transitions ect to make it a simple install and being maintenance accessible without removing the whole system.

Everything has been thought out and changed to make better every time. Not only does it make power it sounds just as good as it looks. Another thing you don't think about is buying filters in bulk for it takes a couple of months just to get them. Always investing in production and a quick turn around is not an easy task. These are not high volume plastic made products. Everyone has a job to perfect every time and no room for error.

One day if you ever get to see the intake at hand you'll see there's nothing cheap about it.

Believe me if it was as easy as you claim I would have built a set for every model. Including your x5M. If I ever get one believe me I'll spend the time in building a set and even with that who knows if I will accomplish it. The intake has gone through so much testing and perfecting do to so many cel till I finally got it right. Dmes are too smart and mafs are so sensitive you can't imagine the codes they will throw.

While the intake was made to perform it also had to have filters that could withstand any weather while filtering consistently. The material used is a 304 stainless steel mesh. Try filtering with a cloth filter or oily filter in any weather. Guarantee they will not hold up long or with stand daily use.

Also the intake comes with a prefilter that is water repellent and to restrict dirt particles as small as .005. Ask me how much that investment was to manufacture as an option at no extra charge just to give my customers the confidence they needed.

Any way sorry you're upset with me and my product and not having anything for your car at the moment. I'm so anal in everything I do and a perfectionist as you can see from the NV customers who now finally have the option. I don't build a product just to build it. This is an art not just a mod.

Hope you have a great day and afternoon.

G

Last edited by m6beast; 09-22-2015 at 05:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2015, 07:14 AM   #75
M5TXGuy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 BlackSapphireMetallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6beast View Post
I don't build a product just to build it. This is an art not just a mod.

G
Keep doing a great job, George! I don't even own your intake, but I will always pay up for quality, expertise, and second-to-none customer service. I will be a customer of yours soon.
      09-22-2015, 07:53 AM   #76
Pazzo009
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M,M3(46&36),812SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6beast View Post
I'm sorry m5james you feel this way! You have no idea what it takes to build a product hand made and be consistent every time and all the CNC parts that come with it. And let's not forget all the testing and perfecting to fit like oem while making a system that is esetheticaly pleasing and get no cels on everyday driving no mater the mod.

It's easy to copy someone's hard work and claim it's no big deal and compare it to eBay or homedepot piping. The intake has changed so many time with so many hoses and clamps, transitions ect to make it a simple install and being maintenance accessible without removing the whole system.

Everything has been thought out and changed to make better every time. Not only does it make power it sounds just as good as it looks. Another thing you don't think about is buying filters in bulk for it takes a couple of months just to get them. Always investing in production and a quick turn around is not an easy task. These are not high volume plastic made products. Everyone has a job to perfect every time and no room for error.

One day if you ever get to see the intake at hand you'll see there's nothing cheap about it.

Believe me if it was as easy as you claim I would have built a set for every model. Including your x5M. If I ever get one believe me I'll spend the time in building a set and even with that who knows if I will accomplish it. The intake has gone through so much testing and perfecting do to so many cel till I finally got it right. Dmes are too smart and mafs are so sensitive you can't imagine the codes they will throw.

While the intake was made to perform it also had to have filters that could withstand any weather while filtering consistently. The material used is a 304 stainless steel mesh. Try filtering with a cloth filter or oily filter in any weather. Guarantee they will not hold up long or with stand daily use.

Also the intake comes with a prefilter that is water repellent and to restrict dirt particles as small as .005. Ask me how much that investment was to manufacture as an option at no extra charge just to give my customers the confidence they needed.

Any way sorry you're upset with me and my product and not having anything for your car at the moment. I'm so anal in everything I do and a perfectionist as you can see from the NV customers who now finally have the option. I don't build a product just to build it. This is an art not just a mod.

G
Well said George. I completely agree with your point of view and respect it. Unfortunately not everyone has the understanding and empathy for modifications such as this. I have your intake in the box because I am waiting for my car to arrive. I have no doubt it is everything I paid for.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 11:45 AM   #77
smbimmer
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Black Sapphire Metallic

Error msg with Intakes

Has anyone experienced error messages after installing their intakes, specifically mixture control, cross-bank, fuel-air mixture too rich? I have been running aFe intakes and after about 7 months of driving the check engine light came on with that error (from the dealer codes 118011, 118111). Need to make sure the increased airflow couldn't be causing the problem. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 06:03 AM   #78
Lerxst M4
Command Sergeant Major of the Army
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbimmer View Post
Has anyone experienced error messages after installing their intakes, specifically mixture control, cross-bank, fuel-air mixture too rich? I have been running aFe intakes and after about 7 months of driving the check engine light came on with that error (from the dealer codes 118011, 118111). Need to make sure the increased airflow couldn't be causing the problem. Thanks.
Running 3 weeks now with MSR intake and I have not received any error codes.
2008 E90 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 06:41 AM   #79
DCT OFF
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i M sports,2013 F10 M5

Garage List
2013 F10 M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by smbimmer View Post
Running MSR intake for over a year now with no issues,love it.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 08:02 AM   #80
Mr_M5Guy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e60 M5

MSR intake FTW!!!!!! Problem and error free!
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 07:01 PM   #81
Givol
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 Alpine White M5

I love the MSR intakes because of their aggressive symmetrical look. I am proud to show off under the hood because it looks great. That being said I had one misfire with them during the adjustment phase (within 2days of installation) while trying to pull hard in second gear but after clearing have not had any issues.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2015, 10:53 AM   #82
q8kamikaze
First Lieutenant
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: 14 M5 F10 moonstone/SO

I'm getting MSR intake soon for my M5 , keep up the good work George
      09-27-2015, 01:33 PM   #83
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

BMS will be releasing their intake very soon Here is a sneak peak.

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2015, 02:18 PM   #84
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

Looks nice
Appreciate 0