05-06-2014, 11:26 PM   #45
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajG View Post
My car sat in the sun for a few hours today and when I strated driving it I noticed my nav screen kept dimming every 30 seconds. After driving for about 30 minutes it went away. Should I be concerned about another problem?
Sadly yes RajG and it started out that way but degenerated into dimming completed for minutes making the back up camera useless!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 11:59 PM   #46
bobs619
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Saphire Black F10 M5

Pros:
1. Unique because everyone and their momma is getting an m3/4
2. Luxurious
3. Torque
4. Handling
5. Brembo BBk

Cons:
1. Hard to find rims for. Everyone and their momma has the same HREs and BBS FIs.
2. Long ass hood
3. Heavy
4. Locked ecu
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 08:47 AM   #47
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

size and weight when turning.
in straight.. it doesnt matter bro!!!
      05-07-2014, 08:53 AM   #48
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobs619 View Post

Cons:
1. Hard to find rims for. Everyone and their momma has the same HREs and BBS FIs.
2. Long ass hood
3. Heavy
4. Locked ecu
I don't mind the Long ass hood so much. At least it's shorter than the 6 series. Lol! But yeah funny that you say that about the HRE's and BBS FI's. I know way to many people who have them. Lol!

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 10:52 AM   #49
shahano
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21' M2C 6spd ,11' 1M, 88' M3

Personally I would never change the OEM rims as i find them gorgeous.

Look at RPI's M5.. It looks amazing
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 08:17 PM   #50
RajG
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahano View Post
Personally I would never change the OEM rims as i find them gorgeous.
+1
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 08:18 PM   #51
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajG View Post
+1
Same here
Actually the only rims that I like and go with the car's design and the 601 comes next but not forged !!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 11:39 AM   #52
Larsemann
Norway
Rep
Drives: M5 F10, 991 4S, VW E-UP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
I am asking because after almost half a year of driving this car and the thing that I found I love most about this car is actually not the engine now as most people may say which is second best but the brilliant DCT! It surprises me everytime I drive the car sequentially or using the Paddle Shifters!! It shifts before my brain is ready for next gear or even chassis is ready for the next beating rather than gear -

I hate the most about it!!
Well that is a hard one and NO it is not that Navigation was flickering and had to have it replaced by the dealership when the car has just 7k miles on it (I forgive you BMW and I am willing to take a lot more than this before I am an upset M5 owner -

Well I hate that for the first time in my life after at least 20+ cars I feel that I AM NOT IN TOTAL CONTROL BUT RATHER THE CAR AND I FEEL IMPRISONED AND CAN'T HELP TRYING TO SUBDUE IT AND TAME IT over and over TO NO AVAIL!! - SERIOUSLY! ! Anybidy feels the same?!! This car belongs to the Autobahn period and if in the US then tracks and it shouldn't be a DD as it is a Super Wolverine car disguised in the sheep's clothing!

And I know why -
It is because way before the Power Surge is done or you get to hit the car Torque or HP ceiling like when on 4th or 5th gear way above 100 or already hitting limiter when car is not pushing that hard any more then probably it is probably less fun and just a matter of trying to achieve higher number but no more Bull PULL or Ecstatic Surge!
But to hit it really hard on the highway and way before you hit 3 digits you have to Take Your Foot off the Gas Pedal!! GooseFraPpaa (Anger Management like) What a disappointment and I would liken it to And Excuse my French like trying to stop your Org***!! Very similar indeed!!
I need to take it to the track ASAP!!
Thanks for sharing you deepest M-experiences - this is good. Like the comparing with the lovely 750i - makes me understand.
I feel the same, the car is a battle - unlike the rest of the German cars in the league. But the battle keeps you in focus, and you need to do all the basics right. Slow in - fast out, keep the car under pressure in light oversteer. Try to get it work in MDM mode, and increase tyre pressure a little in the back to prevent understeer. I drove the car at the Nurburgring last weekend

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=977551)

and I found it challenging to plan and hit the correct line, in spite of that I know where the line is. After some laps I was able to keep the car a little bit more under constant pressure and oversteer, and found it a bit more sharp and predictable. I felt it quite awarding to take this challenge that this car is. I had to push myself to conquer this car, and I`m not done yet. Looking forward to read your next post - you lucky CP owner.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 01:34 PM   #53
s4awd
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 GT3RS, 08 E92 M3, 06 Evo IX

Weight, size, artificial steering and turbo lag. Other than that, it works
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 02:00 PM   #54
mdm0515
Private First Class
Rep