BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

05-02-2014, 11:42 PM   #1
m5hadoop
Private
Rep
Drives: '15 F10 M5 CP

2015 F10 M5

I've been ready to order my first m5 and was told by BMWNA that because I'm looking for some minor individual changes I should wait for the 2015 model and that dealers would be able to take MY15 orders early May.

It's looking like the only changes might be an additional color. On the other hand there are rumors about the 30th anniversary edition with extra HP. Based on the rumors in other threads this anniversary edition is not the same as the MY15 model since it only comes in a single new frozen color.

I'm 100% set on going with IB and full Amaro Brown, so if the anniversary edition is only in a new frozen color then I won't go for that one, but would be interested in any news whether the HP gains and any other changes for the anniversary model can be ordered for the "regular" MY15 model as well.

Anyone with additional MY15 or anniversary edition info please speak up. Unfortunately I can't wait for all of this to be officially announced since I need to order soon in order to meet my no later than late Aug ED deadline.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2014, 01:29 AM   #2
b5ka
Private
Rep
Drives: still debating

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5hadoop View Post
I've been ready to order my first m5 and was told by BMWNA that because I'm looking for some minor individual changes I should wait for the 2015 model and that dealers would be able to take MY15 orders early May.

It's looking like the only changes might be an additional color. On the other hand there are rumors about the 30th anniversary edition with extra HP. Based on the rumors in other threads this anniversary edition is not the same as the MY15 model since it only comes in a single new frozen color.

I'm 100% set on going with IB and full Amaro Brown, so if the anniversary edition is only in a new frozen color then I won't go for that one, but would be interested in any news whether the HP gains and any other changes for the anniversary model can be ordered for the "regular" MY15 model as well.

Anyone with additional MY15 or anniversary edition info please speak up. Unfortunately I can't wait for all of this to be officially announced since I need to order soon in order to meet my no later than late Aug ED deadline.
You would have to wait for official information about 30 Jahre edition until M Festival in last days of June, but to my understanding you won't be able to transfer exclusive limited options to your normal model. You won't be able to change colors in Limited Edition also. Don't take it for granted, tho.

I don't know what are procedures for this edition in US & I'm really suprised US folks are not yet informed as the production starts in July.
I think August deadline is almost impossible. Late August maybe, I have no idea how long it takes for ED to be set up.

Last edited by b5ka; 05-03-2014 at 01:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2014, 11:59 AM   #3
m5hadoop
Private
Rep
Drives: '15 F10 M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by b5ka View Post
You would have to wait for official information about 30 Jahre edition until M Festival in last days of June, but to my understanding you won't be able to transfer exclusive limited options to your normal model. You won't be able to change colors in Limited Edition also. Don't take it for granted, tho.

I don't know what are procedures for this edition in US & I'm really suprised US folks are not yet informed as the production starts in July.
I think August deadline is almost impossible. Late August maybe, I have no idea how long it takes for ED to be set up.
Thanks for the reply b5ka. I'll see what info I can get out of BMWNA.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2014, 11:31 PM   #4
cassidysdad
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 gone, 2016 pms m5

i was at Century West BMW this afternoon, interestingly enough the salesman with whom I had purchased my previous 2 m5s from( 03 and 06) said the the 2015 M5 GC is available in all wheel drive for the 2015 model. I was surprised, wondering if f10 may get this too?
help from the m5 post gurus like stealth....
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 08:33 AM   #5
jmh
Internet Crash Test Dummy
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC / F80 M3 / F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidysdad View Post
i was at Century West BMW this afternoon, interestingly enough the salesman with whom I had purchased my previous 2 m5s from( 03 and 06) said the the 2015 M5 GC is available in all wheel drive for the 2015 model. I was surprised, wondering if f10 may get this too?
help from the m5 post gurus like stealth....
I am assuming you mean M6 GC ? There's no M5 GC
No AWD for the ///M models for this generation/model year
Only xDrive option is the just announced Alpina B6 xDrive 6 Grand Coupe
Next gen ///M 5 (2017'ish) drive train decisions have not yet been announced
15 F10 M5 Individual / Brilliant White / Extended/Full Cohiba Brown (Exec/Driver/B&O/20") / A few Euro add-ons / Stealth K40 / Upgraded B&O / ///M Performance Carbon Interior Trim / IND / Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust / HRE S107
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 11:06 PM   #6
cassidysdad
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 gone, 2016 pms m5

yes m6
not m5
Appreciate 0