M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

12-15-2016, 02:37 PM   #1
Jhenka
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

Garage List
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Brake Squeal... Help!

I know this issue has probably been beat to death but I'm hoping somebody has figured out a cure for the GODDAMN BREAK SQUEAL. I Haven't been able to pinpoint exactly when the squealing starts but i narrowed it down to the time period directly after I had the car/brakes warmed up and parked somewhere for a few minutes. It seems to be getting progressively worse, I've had the front brakes and rotors replaced, I've went through the bedding process at least 3 times but still the issue is reoccurring.
It's really starting to irritate me that my $100K BMW sounds like a city bus every time i come to a stop.

Any advice anybody may have would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 04:43 PM   #2
Dracon
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhenka View Post
I know this issue has probably been beat to death but I'm hoping somebody has figured out a cure for the GODDAMN BREAK SQUEAL. I Haven't been able to pinpoint exactly when the squealing starts but i narrowed it down to the time period directly after I had the car/brakes warmed up and parked somewhere for a few minutes. It seems to be getting progressively worse, I've had the front brakes and rotors replaced, I've went through the bedding process at least 3 times but still the issue is reoccurring.
It's really starting to irritate me that my $100K BMW sounds like a city bus every time i come to a stop.

Any advice anybody may have would be greatly appreciated.
General consensus is to stop using the stock brake pads and swap to an aftermarket pad.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 05:37 PM   #3
schnell1982
Captain
Rep
Drives: FAST

The only fix is to upgrade your brake pads with aftermarket pads.
BMW will not replace your brakes under warranty tho because you are using NON BMW Approved parts.

I know it sucks, But it is what it is unfortunatly
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 09:40 PM   #4
Kritz
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Dealer replaced my pads and chamfered them. Not one squeal, yet. I attached my service order for reference - see the below thread. Good luck.

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1330381
2013 M5 Azurite Black
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2016, 03:34 PM   #5
DrewM5
Captain
Rep
Drives: SG E60 M5

I followed Mike Miller's advice from Roundel's Tech Talk (one of the last few issues) and bought some Permatex Disc Brake Quiet. Had the dealer remove the pads, clean them and apply the Permatex to the back. So far so good, but I don't have that many miles on the car since the service.
2014 M5 Competition|Space Grey|Black Merino Full Leather|Anthracite Trim|Executive package|LED Lighting Package|Drivers's Assit Package|B&O Sound System|Bel STiR Plus 9500ci|IND Side Markers and Side Vents|Exhaustmeister|HRE P101 Satin Charcoal/Michelin PSS (Summer)|601/Pirelli Sottozero Serie II (Winter)|Coded by V12
Appreciate 0