M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-20-2012, 02:53 PM   #23
PSUSMU
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S

Quote:
Originally Posted by number335 View Post
Any solutions on being able to watch NFL games without cable or satellite? I can catch the games on-line, but with very poor quality. If there is a way to stream football games to my TV, I would cut the cable chord. Satellite isn't an option where I live so I can't purchase NFL Ticket. I think Playstation offers NFL Ticket, but I would need to purchase a Playstation.
Watch at a bar and spend your monthly subscription on beer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoconutPete View Post
The best thing I finally realized with the cable company ....... you just have to budget 15 - 20 minutes once a year to "renegotiate" with them. The trick is to call and push the prompts that say "add to your service" - those people are MUCH better to deal with. My bill has been the same for years - sometimes it even goes down a few bucks. Movie channels come and go, but no radical changes in my bill.
That just turns into me yelling obscenities at minorities on the phone and I'm sick of doing that. No cable = no human interaction. I hate people.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 02:03 PM   #24
JTM09
BMW addict
Rep
Drives: German cars

Any satellite is better than cable. I had Atlantic broadband for a short while when we moved ---it suuucks. Dish network now. Very affordable. Still have to use cable for Internet though. I know you said Fios isnt available but here are my 2 cents--good product, decent price but Vz has the WORST customer service.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 02:28 PM   #25
PSUSMU
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S

Hard to believe anything is worse than Comcast customer service.

I got word that Verizon FiOS will be available in ~6 months.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 03:09 PM   #26
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Verizon sucks balls in the Customer Service department. Probably just as bad, if not worse than Comcast. Being from Philly, I know how bad Comcast was for me.

Now I have Directv for my TV, and Time Warner Cable for my internet. I don't have a landline phone, just my cell phone. TWC is OK, but their customer service is pretty crappy too. Luckily I don't deal with them much since I rarely have issues with my internet.

Funny story. I wanted to upgrade my internet speed since they did work in my area and a higher speed was available. I tried to do it online, but they wanted to charge me an extra $59.99 for their "in home wireless service pack." So I called and said, "I already have a wireless router, I don't need this pack." They said, "Well you can't upgrade without it." I told them, "Fine then, I'm not upgrading," then I hung up. Stupid company just trying to suck more money out of me for no reason.