09-30-2013, 08:26 AM   #199
shadyville03
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh View Post
Assuming you mean the interior trim from the pictures in the first post .
This is the Aluminium "Trace" trim (standard on US cars)
Thank you, that is exactly what I was talking about. How do you think it would look with just the extended Merino? That is a lot of orange in the full.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 05:45 PM   #200
AttyGunther
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 14 M5~11 Z435is~14 K1600GTL-E

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyville03 View Post
Thank you, that is exactly what I was talking about. How do you think it would look with just the extended Merino? That is a lot of orange in the full.
I actually was pleasantly surprised at how well the full merino turned out. I really debated about going with orange on orange thinking it's too much, but after having it now for several weeks, I really do like it. It's not everyone's cup of tea, I realize, but I wanted something bold... And is does it. Even with full merino, there's plenty of black to break things up... Dash, headliner, carpet, plastic trim, and a black leather strip on the door panels. As I mentioned, I like the aluminum for the bit of reflectivity it offers at night with the mood lighting. Full would look fine too... Just a few more bits in black.

Hopefully you've seen Sakhir in person, both outside and leather. Pictures cannot accurately capture it. I had only seen sakhir exterior and really took a leap of faith ordering it with sakhir interior, but the risk was worth it in the end.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 05:54 PM   #201
Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP Dinan Stage 2

Garage List
Happy to hear that you made the right choice! Also thank you for taking the time to share all of this with the rest of the club. You car will be famous as the first '14 pics on the forum.

I, also have not seen the interior and also took a leap of faith. The pics make it look to bright. I am taking everyones word (and my wives) that it will look amazing. We will see when i pick her up in a few days.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2013, 06:52 AM   #202
AttyGunther
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinny02 View Post
Happy to hear that you made the right choice! Also thank you for taking the time to share all of this with the rest of the club. You car will be famous as the first '14 pics on the forum.

I, also have not seen the interior and also took a leap of faith. The pics make it look to bright. I am taking everyones word (and my wives) that it will look amazing. We will see when i pick her up in a few days.
I have faith you will fall in love with it at first sight! The color is not as bright as pictures make it seem. It's a very difficult color to accurately photograph. Pictures tend to pump up the saturation, making sakhir look incredibly bright. When taking my pictures with my Canon 5D Mark III, the raw pics were spot on. As soon as I converted to JPEG for posting, the saturation went up immensely. There's definitely more brown to the color than pictures tend to show. Most people think it's red from photos, but it's not.

I wish you the best with your new beast! Do tell us how much you love it when it arrives! I tried to break it in gently, but it was difficult. I had my break in service a couple of weeks ago and have been enjoying this beast ever since. It's incredible how many compliments I have received at signal lights and gas stations.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #203
shadyville03
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AttyGunther
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyville03 View Post
I actually was pleasantly surprised at how well the full merino turned out. I really debated about going with orange on orange thinking it's too much, but after having it now for several weeks, I really do like it. It's not everyone's cup of tea, I realize, but I wanted something bold... And is does it. Even with full merino, there's plenty of black to break things up... Dash, headliner, carpet, plastic trim, and a black leather strip on the door panels. As I mentioned, I like the aluminum for the bit of reflectivity it offers at night with the mood lighting. Full would look fine too... Just a few more bits in black.

Hopefully you've seen Sakhir in person, both outside and leather. Pictures cannot accurately capture it. I had only seen sakhir exterior and really took a leap of faith ordering it with sakhir interior, but the risk was worth it in the end.
I actually changed my order to the black interior. Maybe if I see it in person it would be different. None of the BMW dealerships around me really have M5's. I guess I could always drive to Munich. It's less than a 2 hour drive from me. I have until the 15th to make changes to the one I built.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 10:53 AM   #204
Just_Joe_M5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AttyGunther View Post

I wish you the best with your new beast! Do tell us how much you love it when it arrives! I tried to break it in gently, but it was difficult. I had my break in service a couple of weeks ago and have been enjoying this beast ever since. It's incredible how many compliments I have received at signal lights and gas stations.
Although I am very much enjoying my Singapore Grey/Blk "stealth like appearance", I must say I am envious of the MCB's and SO's on the road. A much more pronounced statement that will turn heads. SG is a beautiful color and the CP wheels definitely help make it stand out from the many 550's out there but I find the compliments (strong as they are) are from car enthusiasts but I can imagine that SO would attract a lot more attention from many more people. If I were to do it again, I probably would have gone SG with the SO interior. A nice combo of conservative and flash!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 10:57 AM   #205
Just_Joe_M5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 CP

By the way...The CP wheels look great with the SG exterior. The wheel color (when not covered in brake dust) match the SG body really well.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 03:51 PM   #206
AttyGunther
Private First Class
Rep

It pains me to read these new posts while my beast is sitting some 200 miles away in a body shop parking lot. I hope for the time being you guys will let me enjoy your beasts vicariously!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #207
Lual
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5 2014 CP / X5 G05 ‘21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Joe_M5 View Post
By the way...The CP wheels look great with the SG exterior. The wheel color (when not covered in brake dust) match the SG body really well.
Fully agree. My CP wheels look almost black. Hopefully this is only at the beggining, and with some thousend kilometers the dust reduces. The upside is that the scratches Seem to dissapear... This is the main problem of this wheels. Just a simple touch in a narrow corner, and the wheel is automatically damaged.

They are so beautiful however. Much better than in pictures.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #208
DrewM5
Captain
Rep
Drives: SG E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lual View Post
Fully agree. My CP wheels look almost black. Hopefully this is only at the beggining, and with some thousend kilometers the dust reduces. The upside is that the scratches Seem to dissapear... This is the main problem of this wheels. Just a simple touch in a narrow corner, and the wheel is automatically damaged.

They are so beautiful however. Much better than in pictures.
I think they would look great powder coated a nice graphite color - would alos eliminate the break dust headache.
2014 M5 Competition|Space Grey|Black Merino Full Leather|Anthracite Trim|Executive package|LED Lighting Package|Drivers's Assit Package|B&O Sound System|Bel STiR Plus 9500ci|IND Side Markers and Side Vents|Exhaustmeister|HRE P101 Satin Charcoal/Michelin PSS (Summer)|601/Pirelli Sottozero Serie II (Winter)|Coded by V12
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #209
caoimhinog
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AttyGunther View Post
Yes and yes. Connected drive must be included because I didn't sign up for anything additional. Played with some of the limited widgets. Meh. Got Pandora running thankfully. Connecting Office with my iPhone 5 was a pain. Got texts to work, but not emails. I guess that's still an iOS issue.
I see you are (or were) having trouble with iPhone integration and getting email on the iDrive. It can be done but takes a minute or so each time you start a journey:
1. Power on car with iPhone present
2. On iPhone, go to settings>notification centre>email
3. Set number of unread items to any value other than the current value (ie if it is set to 5 Unread Items, change to either 1 or 10.
4. You will now receive email notification in iDrive and iDrive will read the email to you.

It is very unfinished functionality but it does work for me.
Appreciate 0