BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

09-16-2017, 08:56 AM   #23
jas877
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

So I went ahead and disabled the ASD thanks to Sapphirem5 for sending me a link on how to. I love it because you can still hear it just as loud with the windows down and the drone minimized a lot.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2017, 09:06 AM   #24
SapphireM5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 Sapphire Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas877 View Post
So I went ahead and disabled the ASD thanks to Sapphirem5 for sending me a link on how to. I love it because you can still hear it just as loud with the windows down and the drone minimized a lot.
Ha I just logged on to post in here to see if you were up yet and had that ASD disabled!!!! So much better then huh? Like I said I disabled mine during install so never had a good comparison.
'13 Black Sapphire Metallic - BPM Stage 1 Tune - RPI Exhaust - KW HAS Kit - 12mm spacers all around- Carbon Fiber front lip - High Kick Trunk Spoiler - Rear Roof Spoiler - IND Kidney and Fender Grills - 20% Tint all around 50% Front Windshield - PPF
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2017, 06:56 PM   #25
ykjones
Master Gunnery Sergeant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5 Signapore Gray

Congrats! Isn't the exhaust awesome? I was proud to have the prototype set of the new black edition tips. I can certainly concur that the crew at RPI are top notch with their customer service.
VF Engineering Hex Stage 1, RPI GTM Black edition, KW HAS, Dinan sway bars, Matt Schnell spacers, IND black chrome, M Performance rear spoiler, M Performance rear diffuser, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's, ESS stainless steel brake lines, EBC Red Stuff ceramic pads, BMC air filters, charcoal filter delete, sprint booster, V1w/Blendmount, BIM coding all options, Pedal Haus pedals, Formula One Pinnacle Tint
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2017, 06:58 PM   #26
ykjones
Master Gunnery Sergeant
United_States
Rep

Gents do tell, how do you disable the ASD? What does it do/change? Enhancement for the RPI GTM sound? Take away some drone?
VF Engineering Hex Stage 1, RPI GTM Black edition, KW HAS, Dinan sway bars, Matt Schnell spacers, IND black chrome, M Performance rear spoiler, M Performance rear diffuser, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's, ESS stainless steel brake lines, EBC Red Stuff ceramic pads, BMC air filters, charcoal filter delete, sprint booster, V1w/Blendmount, BIM coding all options, Pedal Haus pedals, Formula One Pinnacle Tint
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2017, 08:10 PM   #27
SapphireM5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 Sapphire Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykjones View Post
Gents do tell, how do you disable the ASD? What does it do/change? Enhancement for the RPI GTM sound? Take away some drone?
Here you go bud! http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=983411

Should only take you 3 minutes to unplug it, let us know how you like it~
Appreciate 1
ykjones71.00
      09-22-2017, 01:46 PM   #28
RPIpower
Captain
Rep
Drives: F97 X3M, G80 M3

Thank you again for coming down for the install! It was a pleasure meeting you and working on your beautiful M5! The Black Edition tips really go well with the Sakhir Orange

Enjoy the proper sounding M5!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 10:02 AM   #29
ykjones
Master Gunnery Sergeant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireM5 View Post
Here you go bud! http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=983411

Should only take you 3 minutes to unplug it, let us know how you like it~
Just had that ASD crap disabled yesterday via BIM coding who coded my car right after I got it. So much better with that mess disabled! Car sounds the way it should now without all that fake mess. Makes it so much more pleasurable to drive now. Tested it extensively yesterday after having it disabled on freeway and in city traffic. So nice to hear the RPI GTM in it's natural glory.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 11:22 AM   #30
RPIpower
Captain
Rep
Drives: F97 X3M, G80 M3

Glad to hear you got it done! enjoy it!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ykjones View Post
Just had that ASD crap disabled yesterday via BIM coding who coded my car right after I got it. So much better with that mess disabled! Car sounds the way it should now without all that fake mess. Makes it so much more pleasurable to drive now. Tested it extensively yesterday after having it disabled on freeway and in city traffic. So nice to hear the RPI GTM in it's natural glory.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2017, 06:57 AM   #31
ShockArrival
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 Search

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
That's looking sharp...nice ride!
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2017, 11:40 AM   #32