M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

01-27-2014, 12:37 PM   #1
filip75
Facetious
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 AW M4

M5 historical discounts

I normally try to purchase BMWs though the military/diplomatic order services. By placing a $3K deposit, it allows me to get a vehicle at a discounted price (for example current model M5 is being sold at 8.65% off MSRP - $85,500, instead of $92,900).

So, since I am in my last few months of being eligible for the program, I can place the deposit for an undetermined vehicle in the future. I was thinking that the next M5 should be a nice transition (in 3+ years) from the M4 I am getting this summer. If I deposit $3K now, it will give me about 8.65% off MSRP lock in for whenever I decide to actually place the order.

My question is - will it be worth doing this? Or is it easy enough to get similar discounts on M5s through the dealer?

Oh, and the deposit is 100% refundable if I ever decide not to go through the purchase.

BTW, here is what my program offers: Superiormotorsmsp
      01-27-2014, 12:55 PM   #2
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by filip75 View Post
I normally try to purchase BMWs though the military/diplomatic order services. By placing a $3K deposit, it allows me to get a vehicle at a discounted price (for example current model M5 is being sold at 8.65% off MSRP - $85,500, instead of $92,900).

So, since I am in my last few months of being eligible for the program, I can place the deposit for an undetermined vehicle in the future. I was thinking that the next M5 should be a nice transition (in 3+ years) from the M4 I am getting this summer. If I deposit $3K now, it will give me about 8.65% off MSRP lock in for whenever I decide to actually place the order.

My question is - will it be worth doing this? Or is it easy enough to get similar discounts on M5s through the dealer?

Oh, and the deposit is 100% refundable if I ever decide not to go through the purchase.

That;s a pretty good discount. The main risk is whether it affects your eligibility for seasonal promotions. Promotions are limited right now, but will be bigger towards the end of the model year (in the summer) and then again before Christmas.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 01:01 PM   #3
B-1Pilot
Yankee Air Pirate
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 w/CP

If you are not doing an ED, this is better than any dealer is going to give you except in very small windows of the years where incentives may help out (end of year/holiday/end of MY). Most dealers bottomline on M5's is about $1000k over invoice for a custom configured order, and invoice is about 7% off of MSRP, so for an M5 you are already at an almost 3% advantage. Additionally, many dealers, because of limited allocation require much more closer to MSRP to deal. The mil sales program (which I thought used to be only good if you were actually overseas for more than 180 days) is basically the same as a dealer being able to order you a car outside of their allocation -- which rarely happens for the normal dealership.

All that being said... go European Delivery. My M5 was about 13% off US MSRP (and my dealer got about 2600 above invoice. I got an awesome, unforgettable trip to Europe that I hope to soon repeat with my next BMW purchase.
      01-27-2014, 03:26 PM   #4
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

I believe David is selling M5's at US invoice for a limited time right now.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 03:50 PM   #5
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
I believe David is selling M5's at US invoice for a limited time right now.
Do i get one below invoice since it's my bday?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 03:56 PM   #6
Actor
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by positiveions View Post
Happy birthday!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 04:16 PM   #7
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Happy birthday!
Thank you! I toured santa ynez valley on my bday, doing some wine tasting. Too bad GOLFFRR wasn't there.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 05:02 PM   #8
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by positiveions View Post
You pay more! lol

happy birthday buddy. hope you have a great day of celebration

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 07:16 PM   #9
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
You pay more! lol

happy birthday buddy. hope you have a great day of celebration
Thanks man. Went to Santa Ynez yesterday. It was fun.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 07:21 PM   #10
Day Laborer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by filip75 View Post

Cheaper down payment of $250.00 - can purchase at a much later date.
My brother and friend did this while stationed overseas - Applies to those deployed in theater, (i.e. A-Stan).

http://v3.unilife-bmw-military.com/

"Whether you are ready to make a purchase now or in a few years from now, you have come to the right place. Unilife Services Ltd is the factory representative for the BMW MILITARY SALES program located in Okinawa, Japan.

We service military personnel stationed in all of Japan (Okinawa, Yokosuka, Yokota, Atsugi, Zama, Misawa, Sasebo, Iwakuni, Zama and Camp Fuji), Diego Garcia, Singapore, the Middle East, Navy 'Ships at Sea' and any other areas not represented by a BMW Military Sales representative. If you do not fall within our service area, please let us know and we will gladly forward your inquiry to the proper BMWMilitary Sales agent in your area.

The BMW Military Sales privilege programme is open to all active-duty military personnel and civilian ID Card holders, such as service contractors on temporary or permanent orders, stationed abroad at the time of purchase who will take delivery within the U.S. (Hawaii, Alaska &Puerto Rico included). You will have the opportunity to order your BMWbuilt to your specifications (keeping within the normal configurations offered by BMWin the U.S.A.) and at the Military-Discounted prices.
If you rotating in 2013 or later, you are eligible to start paying for your future BMW now. With a minimum enrollment fee of only $250, take your first step towards your future investment. No monthly due dates, but allotments are available! At your convenience, let us help you set aside the funds for your future BMW 'before' you spend it elsewhere. Earn interest as well!"
Part-time with Next Level Auto Brokers, LLC https://www.instagram.com/nextlevelautobrokers/
Appreciate 0