BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

06-10-2016, 11:47 AM   #1
bimmer-boy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330 e46 Vert, Bmw ind F10

Limited edition end of production f10 m5 happening

Came across this article, we should hear more soon.

Hopefully this will be more than a F10 M5 with a limited edition colour and a few badges saying limited edition

Not to sure if the CFRP will happen though, on a out going model, would be great if it did!

Link below

Malcolm X
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2016, 12:23 PM   #2
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer-boy View Post
Came across this article, we should hear more soon.

Hopefully this will be more than a F10 M5 with a limited edition colour and a few badges saying limited edition

Not to sure if the CFRP will happen though, on a out going model, would be great if it did!

Link below
I always take everything posted on BMWBlog with a grain of salt. Sometimes their information is way off, but in this case I really wouldn't doubt if BMW made some sort of last special production run of the F10 M5 before phasing it out to boost sales and charge more for the same car. It is true though that the F10 M5 will end production at the same time as the F10 5-Series in October this year. The new G30 5-Series will start production in November 2016, but the next M5 won't be in production until at least the Summer of 2017.

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2016, 04:18 PM   #3
Vitacura
Ich Liebe mein BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 M240i CV, 23 X1

Interesting, two limited edition M5 versions so close together. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2016, 05:26 PM   #4
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

I haven't confirmed it yet, but the F10 M5 may go until March 17, but with production at Magna in Austria. A memo was issued to suppliers stating that some 5 Series vehicle production will be outsourced to Magna beginning next month but I interpreted it as a surge line for G30 while F10M and F11 production was wound down. It could be both and an actual production version of an F10 M5 CSL/CRT (in the same vein as the E60 M5 CSL teaser) can occupy some of the excess capacity at Magna.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 01:06 AM   #5
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

To add: There are a few clues that somewhat support the possibility of possibly several Series End Special Editions that might be market specific in equipment and color. First is the issue of extended order guides for ROW and MY2017 for the US and 4 new paint codes are in the internal refinishing database.

Sakhir Orange II is the only one that have been oficially acknowledged so far and only represents change to the mixed color coat supplier. The appearance is identical to SO1 as the formulation is unchanged.

The other 3 colors are completely new - a copper/gold and two blues. The copper/gold and a very spectacular medium blue are definitely for a specific market simply by their names but there is no reference to any specific vehicle type. It is not US, or Europe. The other blue is a blue/grey and is allocated to a 5 Series Sedan. This could be an individual Manufaktur single order, but the possibility also exists that this could be a color reserved for a special edition.

Only time will tell of course...
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 02:09 AM   #6
bimmer-boy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330 e46 Vert, Bmw ind F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiten
To add: There are a few clues that somewhat support the possibility of possibly several Series End Special Editions that might be market specific in equipment and color. First is the issue of extended order guides for ROW and MY2017 for the US and 4 new paint codes are in the internal refinishing database.

Sakhir Orange II is the only one that have been oficially acknowledged so far and only represents change to the mixed color coat supplier. The appearance is identical to SO1 as the formulation is unchanged.

The other 3 colors are completely new - a copper/gold and two blues. The copper/gold and a very spectacular medium blue are definitely for a specific market simply by their names but there is no reference to any specific vehicle type. It is not US, or Europe. The other blue is a blue/grey and is allocated to a 5 Series Sedan. This could be an individual Manufaktur single order, but the possibility also exists that this could be a color reserved for a special edition.

Thanks for the update and insight

Not too sure why, but when I heard limited edition I thought long beach blue might appear in the f10 M5 for some reason.

Malcolm X
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2016, 10:20 AM   #7
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer-boy
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiten

Thanks for the update and insight

Not too sure why, but when I heard limited edition I thought long beach blue might appear in the f10 M5 for some reason.
F10 M5 is history come Oct.
Appreciate 0