M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

09-21-2012, 04:26 PM   #1
Charlie Brown
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Azurite Black

Where to stay in Munich?

Ok, lots of you guys have been over for ED. Where did you stay? What did you do in Munich?

I will be there picking up my AB M5 Thursday October, 25 and 26. Anyone else going to be doing ED on this dates?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 05:08 PM   #2
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
I have stayed at most Munich hotels over the years. Here's my take:
1) Nicest place to stay - Four Seasons (but pricey). The best rooms are on the top floor where electric shutters can completely block out all light. I loved this place when I was here on business.
2) Hotels in the heart of the city are great for walking around, but don't have the best parking lots - i.e. few spaces and very tight. Of these Le Meridien is very nice but has some seedy stuff closeby (near main station). Kempinski is nice too but only if you get a Deluxe King or Junior Suite. The standard rooms are pretty poor.
3) If you don't mind staying 5-10 minutes away from the city center, the Marriott and Westin Grand are popular. I like the Westin Grand - excellent parking with plenty of wide spaces. The rooms are comfortable with rain shower, Westin heavenly bed, etc. Free internet. Excellent breakfast buffet which is free if you have lounge access. This is where I stayed during my ED.

FYI My other ED hotels were:
Park Hyatt Zurich - great parking in private underground lot
Schloss Fuschlsee - also fantastic parking
Le Meridien Vienna - very cramped parking but the valet was very helpful and let me park the car myself and told me which spots have neighbours who don't drive (i.e. no risk of dings).
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2012, 04:46 PM   #3
m5huang
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1995 bmw 325is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
Ok, lots of you guys have been over for ED. Where did you stay? What did you do in Munich?

I will be there picking up my AB M5 Thursday October, 25 and 26. Anyone else going to be doing ED on this dates?
I'm taking ED on October 27. I still don't have a VIN number, but my plane tickets are all set. I'm debating between the Marriott or Le Meredien.
      09-22-2012, 06:36 PM   #4
LAKEOM5
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 Black Sapphire

If you want a nice hotel in the heart of marienplatz the Platzl was perfect. $220 or so a night. Good breakfast included. 2 min to hofbrauhaus and city center. Not sure about parking as I didn't need it.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 07:20 AM   #5
vaibhav11
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F10 M5 PMS Limited Editio

We stayed at the Le Meridien. It's a good location, but per the other notes, it's not in a high end area. It's still very safe though. There is a parking garage there, but the spaces are tiny... I'm glad I got the driver's assistance package... the cameras and the sensors were needed in that garage. There aren't any nice views from the rooms either, because of where the hotel is located (near the main train station). The rooms are really nice and if you have any status with Starwood, you can get free breakfast.

The Le Meridien is a good place to stay before you pick up your car, if you want to do touristy stuff in Munich. It seems like the Marriott or the Westin may be better to stay at after you pick up your car, because of their parking situation and they are in a less dense area. As long as you're near a U station, it's very easy and fast to get around Munich.

Have fun...
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 12:20 PM   #6
Bnicely
Bnicely
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Hotel Koneggishoff was fantastic and the restaurant is one of the best in the city. Last night in Munich, which was two nights ago, we stayed at the Bayerisherhoff (sorry for spelling) and it was off the chain!! As a member of Leading Hotels they gave me a free upgrade... to the friggin presidential suite! 2 stories, living room, steam shower, jacuzzi bath tub, espresso machine, it was the nicest room i have ever been in and it cost me 540 euros, normal price was 3400 but the upgrade was available. I am NOT affiliated in any way with Leading Hotels of the World but it is the single best investment ever, period. Free breakfast, wi fi, upgrades, free gift of typically wine or champagne upon arrival, all for $150, its a no brainer. Look for my posts soon on the whole ED experience, just flew in last night so not enough time yet to gather pics and stories. Enjoy your stay, Munchen is a great city!