05-01-2015, 07:42 AM   #67
GhostyM
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: plenty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdshah View Post
It doesn't matter if you got a sucker to do the transfer. With MSD's this is not a good deal as a swap. From the dealer, maybe yes. But you are trying to get out of something and that means there will have to be some sort of trade off. Your car has absolutely no options - if you aren't that desperate that is fine. I wish you good luck but this is going to take an additional few months to be moved on top of the few it has already been on here.
All those options arent even necessary but to each their own. My M4 parked next to it is fully Loaded yet I even ask myself why I spent money for a few of the options. The car was set as a feeler for a few months to Gauge interest. It's only been actively being sold for a Little over a month now with multiple decent offers.

My current offer is 4500 in MSD's and the car to be transferred over. That's what I'm probably going to go with. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 05:45 PM   #68
omaralt
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 M3

As somebody who leases and then transfers out after about a year I've learned to never use MSDs. They are awesome if you are sure on keeping the car for the duration of the lease. Your car is poorly equipped and requires a $6300 initial outlay of cash. What I've learned is that people who are looking to assume a lease are the bargain shoppers (otherwise they would go to the dealer and get a new car) and usually don't want to put any money down.

One thing to keep in mind, you say you already got another car. So this car is literally sitting there costing you $1k/month... So you are losing money on it every month...so you are saying you are not negotiable on the MSDs but your paying for it on the other end
2013 550i M sport Alpine White/Cinnamon (retired)
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2015, 08:48 PM   #69
The_Wood
Captain
Rep
Drives: F15 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipped B6 View Post
See, that's the issue I have.

So many people heckling over the MSD's when it's fully refundable to the leasee, yet these are the same people who put 15k down on their last car to lower payments, yet won't see a dollar of that back.

And to continue on with what you're saying, 7K in MSD's back is equal to a $550 dollar payment. I'm not exactly going to let someone get away with that. LOL. 900 is already a blessing for this car, but 550.. get out of here! haha!

I almost got this lease transferred 3 times now. First time, wife declined, second time, credit declined, third time, someone forgot about the MSD's... lol.
Well, I wouldn't say that I forgot. I understood the "ZERO DOWN" sales pitch as having meant to come take this thing off your hands for, well, $0.00 down; then take the MSDs on the back end. That's what solidified the deal for me, until things changed at the last minute, at which point I apologized for any miscommunication (or lack thereof) on either of our parts. Would've been nice, but hopped back into another e92.

Sorry to see the car's still here, but glad you've introduced some flexibility. GLWL[ease]A[ssumption]
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2015, 07:43 PM   #70
scott135i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

PM sent
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 11:40 PM   #71
zachb12
Private First Class