M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

10-15-2015, 07:28 PM   #23
E90potentialbuyer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 / 2009 335i xDrive

So when I did my ED, after the welt we left for glossgleckner pass road. I asked my wife to look up the address and put into Nav. She looked up the address of the company that manages the property - only thing was that it was the address of their headquarters in Salzburg. So we ended up at Salzburg and then Glossgleckner next day. Hopefully you had better luck!
2017 Fiat 500C Abarth
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2015, 08:45 AM   #24
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
This car is really stunning. You are going to remember this trip for a long time. I bet you got a lot of attention driving it around Europe. I remember on my ED trip, every time I went into a motorway rest-station to refuel, people would gather round and take photos. Once you get outside the big cities, people don't see cars like this very often.

It's going to be a long and painful wait. The loginout guys can tell you what ship the car is booked on.

Your spec is amazing. I see you splashed out on the contrast stitching - pricy option but it really looks stunning. You should order the IND M Logo mats with the leather matched piping for when you take re-delivery.
Appreciate 1
      10-16-2015, 01:09 PM   #25
550Reasons
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

damn thats gorgeous
2016 550i
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2015, 07:31 AM   #26
frisky
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 ///M5 Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90potentialbuyer View Post
So when I did my ED, after the welt we left for glossgleckner pass road. I asked my wife to look up the address and put into Nav. She looked up the address of the company that manages the property - only thing was that it was the address of their headquarters in Salzburg. So we ended up at Salzburg and then Glossgleckner next day. Hopefully you had better luck!

You fared better than me. Starting from Fussen, I headed towards Grossglockner on Sunday thru the scenic route - the Aplentransse: bad decision! Between road closures due to town festivals, construction, and a vintage bike race, detours and sunday traffic, I didnt reach the border until around 4pm and then just decided to turn back as it was about to get dark anyway and I had to be back in Munich for my M studio appt on Monday. So sunday was a net-loss for me. Im bummed that I missed out on it, but Saturday I had some amazing drives so Im not too disappointed.

f.
2016 ///M5 Individual | Frozen Cashmere Silver Metallic | Amaro Brown Full Leather w/ Custom Special Order White Contrast Stitching | Piano Black Trim | Custom Headliner | Competition Package w/ 601M wheels | Executive Package | Drivers Assistance Package | Bang & Olufsen |
European Delivery: October 10 2015 [Pictures here]
@friskygeek
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2015, 07:32 AM   #27
frisky
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
This car is really stunning. You are going to remember this trip for a long time. I bet you got a lot of attention driving it around Europe. I remember on my ED trip, every time I went into a motorway rest-station to refuel, people would gather round and take photos. Once you get outside the big cities, people don't see cars like this very often.

It's going to be a long and painful wait. The loginout guys can tell you what ship the car is booked on.

Your spec is amazing. I see you splashed out on the contrast stitching - pricy option but it really looks stunning. You should order the IND M Logo mats with the leather matched piping for when you take re-delivery.
Thanks! Yes people do love the frozen color! And its unique enough that they asked me what color is was. Im really happy with the way my spec turned out! Now the wait begins until its stateside! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 550Reasons View Post
damn thats gorgeous
Thanks!
f.
2016 ///M5 Individual | Frozen Cashmere Silver Metallic | Amaro Brown Full Leather w/ Custom Special Order White Contrast Stitching | Piano Black Trim | Custom Headliner | Competition Package w/ 601M wheels | Executive Package | Drivers Assistance Package | Bang & Olufsen |
@friskygeek
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2015, 03:17 PM   #28
E90potentialbuyer
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisky
Quote:

You fared better than me. Starting from Fussen, I headed towards Grossglockner on Sunday thru the scenic route - the Aplentransse: bad decision! Between road closures due to town festivals, construction, and a vintage bike race, detours and sunday traffic, I didnt reach the border until around 4pm and then just decided to turn back as it was about to get dark anyway and I had to be back in Munich for my M studio appt on Monday. So sunday was a net-loss for me. Im bummed that I missed out on it, but Saturday I had some amazing drives so Im not too disappointed.

f.
Shucks. There will be more EDs!
2017 Fiat 500C Abarth
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2015, 04:07 PM   #29
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisky View Post
Thanks! Yes people do love the frozen color! And its unique enough that they asked me what color is was. Im really happy with the way my spec turned out! Now the wait begins until its stateside! :-)

Thanks!
f.
I am still waiting for mine...the wait from drop off to dealer has been worse for me than the wait from order to ED. I guess I expected the long ED date, I was hoping for a faster redelivery though.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2015, 01:24 AM   #30
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, X5M

No go for my contrast stitching, Taiwan dealer can't do it
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2015, 07:57 AM   #31
frisky
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatcat View Post
No go for my contrast stitching, Taiwan dealer can't do it
What type of leather color and stiching combo are you requesting? Unless its something like hot pink and yellow or any other color that they cant approve, I dont see how you cant do it.

Your dealer is being lazy or doesnt know how this process works. Its not your dealer that approves it, its BMW's M / Individual division. Just ask your dealer to send in your specs to BMW M in Germany and they'll come back to you with the timing of how long it will take and the pricing.

Good luck!
f.
@friskygeek
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2015, 09:13 AM   #32
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
What type of leather color and stiching combo are you requesting? Unless its something like hot pink and yellow or any other color that they cant approve, I dont see how you cant do it.

Your dealer is being lazy or doesnt know how this process works. Its not your dealer that approves it, its BMW's M / Individual division. Just ask your dealer to send in your specs to BMW M in Germany and they'll come back to you with the timing of how long it will take and the pricing.

Good luck!
f.
Thanks for the advice, I think they are just lazy. They said no one has ever requested it and they have never done it so they can't do it.

Basically if it's not on the options list (it's not) then it is not available.

Unfortunately Taiwan distributor has exclusive rights (for all BMW in Taiwan) so if they don't want to do it, there's nothing I can do, it's not like I can go to another dealer because they all go though the same HQ.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2015, 09:43 AM   #33
frisky
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatcat View Post
Thanks for the advice, I think they are just lazy. They said no one has ever requested it and they have never done it so they can't do it.

Unfortunately Taiwan distributor has exclusive rights (for all BMW in Taiwan) so if they don't want to do it, there's nothing I can do, it's not like I can go to another dealer because they all go though the same HQ.
Ugh, that sucks! Well, Im sure you'll enjoy your M5 anyway. :-)

f.
@friskygeek
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 08:46 AM   #34
E90potentialbuyer
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatcat
Quote:

Good luck!
f.

You can also reach out to BMW Germany yourself. This way your dealer doesn't have to do any work.

That's what I did. My dealer in US checked with BMW US and they said no. So dealer said it can't be done. I went over him to BMW in Germany and they approved it. They sent the pricing to my dealer and that was it.

That's the whole point of individual. You can almost pick anything that is not on the standard offering and they will do it for although at a steep cost...
2017 Fiat 500C Abarth
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2015, 01:35 AM   #35
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
You can also reach out to BMW Germany yourself. This way your dealer doesn't have to do any work.

That's what I did. My dealer in US checked with BMW US and they said no. So dealer said it can't be done. I went over him to BMW in Germany and they approved it. They sent the pricing to my dealer and that was it.

That's the whole point of individual. You can almost pick anything that is not on the standard offering and they will do it for although at a steep cost...
Hey thanks, guess what, my dealer called me today and asked me if I wrote to BMW Germany (Which I did after your suggestion)? Because BMW Germany contacted the Taiwan distributor and told them that they can do the contrast stitching for me
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2015, 07:22 AM   #36
E90potentialbuyer
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatcat
Quote:

Hey thanks, guess what, my dealer called me today and asked me if I wrote to BMW Germany (Which I did after your suggestion)? Because BMW Germany contacted the Taiwan distributor and told them that they can do the contrast stitching for me
Awesome! Call the mothership and you can get pretty anything done!

I find most dealers to be incredibly lazy who don't want to put in the time or effort into this.

But glad it all worked out!
2017 Fiat 500C Abarth
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2015, 07:53 AM   #37
frisky
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Awesome! Call the mothership and you can get pretty anything done!

I find most dealers to be incredibly lazy who don't want to put in the time or effort into this.

But glad it all worked out!

Nice!!!

f.
@friskygeek
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2015, 06:35 PM   #38
frisky
First Lieutenant
Rep

Its on the TOMBARRA, setting sail tomorrow Oct 27 and arriving in NJ on Nov 11.

Anyone know how long it'll take from port / VPC to dealer? Im asking because Im going on a 2-week trip on Nov 18th and I hate the fact that my car is going to have to sit at the dealer lot whilst Im away. Im going to have to set something up with my dealer to ensure NO ONE touches it. Ugh!

f.
@friskygeek
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 07:41 AM   #39
frisky
First Lieutenant
Rep

Arriving at port TODAY!!!!!!

f.
@friskygeek
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 08:56 AM   #40
Poleposition
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
United_States
Rep
Drives: very well

My car arrived at port on the 29th. Still hung up at VPC or customs or something. Hopefully soon. Was also an Individual order. By the way frisky, I ordered the matte paint kit from Dr. Beasley for my frozen paint. Stuff seems legit. Check it out if you havent done so yet.
2024 i4 M50 on order

IG @purpleM5Comp_NY
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 02:23 PM   #41
frisky
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poleposition View Post
My car arrived at port on the 29th. Still hung up at VPC or customs or something. Hopefully soon. Was also an Individual order. By the way frisky, I ordered the matte paint kit from Dr. Beasley for my frozen paint. Stuff seems legit. Check it out if you havent done so yet.
Yikes! That sucks re: delay! Either way, even if there's a delay for me, Im not reuniting with my car until Dec 1 as Im going on safari from Monday... Sucks that the car will have to potentially be parked at my dealer for a while. He assured me he will bring it indoors and away from the elements.

Re: the paint protection. Yep - I bought the sealant too! I'll also be getting my car fitted with the XPel Matte clear protection wrap. You should check out the conversation about that me and Stealth.pilot have been having here: http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1176748

f.
@friskygeek
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 02:25 PM   #42
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Mine got to port oct 14th, didn't get to dealer until november 2nd. But I have also seen ed cars get to dealers in less than a week (especially in NY). It just depends on how backed up the vpc is and if your car had any damage in transit.
Appreciate 0