Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

08-25-2017, 07:05 AM   #23
DietCokeOfEvil
Private
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmBiGuOuS View Post
Didn't know you could get a used 2013 BMW M5 for $35k! Where can I find one!
A year from now and it depends the mileage.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2017, 07:06 AM   #24
DietCokeOfEvil
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan-M View Post
This is a dead thread so just let it die. The guy will purchase what he need to make his car European standards. Dont't need to check because I'm not a cheap !@#% plus its none issue So send the author a personal message and quit kissing his !@%~
Anyone - is there a moderator to report trolling?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2017, 07:15 AM   #25
DietCokeOfEvil
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
Spot on there..... Headlights are a hit and miss. If we had amber orange reflectors build into our headlights (say like Audis), sometimes you will get tagged for that. You might get away with your stock headlights. BUT US headlights do have a different pattern than ROW headlights. Ours are not as bright as the ROW.
Thanks. Someone else indicated the headlights have the E sticker on them and should pass, but that the European lights are better (with some coding).

Quote:
If you go see a good coder before you export, you should be good to go with radio stations, nav & etc. All of that can be coded in. (BMW does this if you do Euro Delivery)
I am setup to do the coding myself, just need to know what to code. Someone else mentioned something about how windows behave.

Although, I am having trouble figuring out how to get the HUD to display km/h instead of mph... the setting in iDrive only seems to affect the digital display in the cluster.

Quote:
At the end of the day worst case scenario you are looking at headlights, rear fog light switch and amber turn signals.
Found some taillights on ECS but with a November delivery date. Looks like I'll pick some up off eBay. I read there might be a way to switch bulb colors or use a film, but haven't found a guide.

Quote:
Also while still at the state side (if you have not already done so) get rid of the front amber reflectors either with a painted or a clear one.
Already done thanks to IND Distribution.

Quote:
Also for the inspection, make sure to have your 1st aid kit and warning triangle in the trunk!

Go do that as a civilian and report back!
I'll see if I can find a kit in the US (and hopefully passes TUV standard!)

Quote:
There you proved your point about not knowing what you are talking about.

US Spec cars are years behind anything EU Spec.

Red Blinkers - Really?
Rear Fog Lights - Americans don't have the slightest idea
Headlight Washers..... Yes, your F-150 have those too
Folding Side Mirrors - Now that is something Americans caught on 5 years ago finally on some cars
Side Turn Indicators for safety - Cough, check on that one too.
Seems it'll be around $800 to convert the car to pass into Germany, could probably do cheaper with more shopping around.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2017, 01:58 PM   #26
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DietCokeOfEvil View Post
Anyone - is there a moderator to report trolling?
The guy is a just an idiot who got called on his BS.

Found some taillights on ECS but with a November delivery date. Looks like I'll pick some up off eBay. I read there might be a way to switch bulb colors or use a film, but haven't found a guide.

Check UK and German ebay for used ones. They are much cheaper than what ECS sells them for.

Ebay has them. If you get a specific one for 5 Series, it should all fit into
their designated ares in toolbox are in trunk lid.

Seems it'll be around $800 to convert the car to pass into Germany, could probably do cheaper with more shopping around.[/QUOTE]

Even cheaper. Switch is around $100, Lights should be $300 used, warning triangle and 1st aid kit should be around $50 then you are all set.
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2017, 05:39 PM   #27
Dinan-M
Dinan-M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Garage List
Quote:
The guy is a just an idiot who got called on his BS.
No my friend, i'm not an idiot. I have shipped many US Spec BMW's cars to Germany and did not have to changes anything! Yes, I worked for US Federal Government and I was exempt! As for trolling, I only answered back questions that were directed at me so there is two sides to each story. One if you are an American wanting to ship a US Spec car to Germany without any Government exemptions and one standard if you work for The US Government. I simply gave you the one if you worked For US Government. The first thread never stated I will be a non US citizens in Germany! The true idiot is you my friend, in not doing research on both sides. It's too easy to just say something is bull shit or crazy or stupid, because you don't want to do the work in finding out! Too many of our young generation on board do not wanting to put in work and just post a questions for quick answer, which is fine, but don't get upset and make personal attacks when you get another view or answer you didn't want to hear! So dont have everyone else to do work for you, reasearch yourself as well. Look at all options, this is my point in this thread. That's my free speech and my right, that whyboard is great we can post our thoughts. Please no more replys I think he has his answers. Thanks for understanding!@~#

Check UK and German ebay for used ones. They are much cheaper than what ECS sells them for.

Ebay has them. If you get a specific one for 5 Series, it should all fit into
their designated ares in toolbox are in trunk lid.

Seems it'll be around $800 to convert the car to pass into Germany, could probably do cheaper with more shopping around.
Even cheaper. Switch is around $100, Lights should be $300 used, warning triangle and 1st aid kit should be around $50 then you are all set.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Dinan-M; 08-25-2017 at 05:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2017, 06:06 PM   #28
v3n0m
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 MCB M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DietCokeOfEvil View Post
Quote:
Spot on there..... Headlights are a hit and miss. If we had amber orange reflectors build into our headlights (say like Audis), sometimes you will get tagged for that. You might get away with your stock headlights. BUT US headlights do have a different pattern than ROW headlights. Ours are not as bright as the ROW.
Thanks. Someone else indicated the headlights have the E sticker on them and should pass, but that the European lights are better (with some coding).

Quote:
If you go see a good coder before you export, you should be good to go with radio stations, nav & etc. All of that can be coded in. (BMW does this if you do Euro Delivery)
I am setup to do the coding myself, just need to know what to code. Someone else mentioned something about how windows behave.

Although, I am having trouble figuring out how to get the HUD to display km/h instead of mph... the setting in iDrive only seems to affect the digital display in the cluster.

Quote:
At the end of the day worst case scenario you are looking at headlights, rear fog light switch and amber turn signals.

Quote:
Also while still at the state side (if you have not already done so) get rid of the front amber reflectors either with a painted or a clear one.
Already done thanks to IND Distribution.

Quote:
Also for the inspection, make sure to have your 1st aid kit and warning triangle in the trunk!

Go do that as a civilian and report back!

Quote:
There you proved your point about not knowing what you are talking about.

US Spec cars are years behind anything EU Spec.

Red Blinkers - Really?
Rear Fog Lights - Americans don't have the slightest idea
Headlight Washers..... Yes, your F-150 have those too
Folding Side Mirrors - Now that is something Americans caught on 5 years ago finally on some cars
Side Turn Indicators for safety - Cough, check on that one too.
For the hud to display km/h you have to change both distance options to metric (consumption and distance) and restart the car. I have a US vehicle in Canada and have km/h. There are a few to switch.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2017, 08:34 PM   #29
DietCokeOfEvil
Private
Rep

Tail lights converted, fog light switch done, radio coded. Just need to load European maps.

Does anyone have experience dealing importing a car with the TUV?

There's a company that is offering a homologation service for €1,350 euros.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 10:34 PM   #30
celicatoe46m3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E60 M5 & E46 M3

Why was the radio coded?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2017, 01:27 PM   #31
Fast400
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: iX M60

Garage List
2014 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by celicatoe46m3 View Post
Why was the radio coded?
Europe uses every decimel.... 99.0, 99.1, 99.2.....
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2017, 05:50 AM   #32
celicatoe46m3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast400 View Post
Europe uses every decimel.... 99.0, 99.1, 99.2.....
Yes, I found my answer to that recently.

I'm also importing my F10 Canadian spec to Japan now. The car has landed and I'm finding out all of these little quirks.

My only worry now is the headlight conversion. My car is LHD, and in Japan there are both. I was told that the beam pattern must be changed so I don't blind people when there is oncoming traffic.

I just dipped the beam lower on the right, and made it higher on the left. I hope.

The only other major change was rear euro tail lights blinking amber.

About the coding for radio, did you do it yourself?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2017, 12:05 PM   #33
DietCokeOfEvil
Private
Rep

What module are the variables for the radio in a 2013 M5? Couldn?t find in HB
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2017, 12:49 PM   #34
Fast400
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: iX M60

Garage List
2014 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by celicatoe46m3 View Post
Yes, I found my answer to that recently.

I'm also importing my F10 Canadian spec to Japan now. The car has landed and I'm finding out all of these little quirks.

My only worry now is the headlight conversion. My car is LHD, and in Japan there are both. I was told that the beam pattern must be changed so I don't blind people when there is oncoming traffic.

I just dipped the beam lower on the right, and made it higher on the left. I hope.

The only other major change was rear euro tail lights blinking amber.

About the coding for radio, did you do it yourself?
RHD can be coded...I think it's in the LHM module
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2017, 01:51 AM   #35
Tartanplad
Registered
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

I am also considering shipping my BMW to Germany in December, would appreciate PM for any one who has already done this to let me know what to expect and what I need to change on my 2011 car. I’ve read a lot here about coding, but I don’t know what that is or how I would go about doing it. Any non-SOFA expats in Germany willing to help me would be appreciated. Thanks... Luke
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2017, 09:26 AM   #36
celicatoe46m3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast400 View Post
RHD can be coded...I think it's in the LHM module
I'm totally illiterate when it comes to coding a BMW. But I can code other things like perl, html, c.

Is there some kit I can buy to do this and hookup some kind of laptop? Or better yet, a link to learn how to do it?
Appreciate 0