Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

04-27-2017, 10:49 AM   #1
f10eugene
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW m5

Umnitza LED DTM Headlights

Hey guys,

I just ordered a set of these headlights for my '13; should have them installed sometime next month.

Are any memebers running these lights? Any feedback?

Only downside from what I've seen is that:

1. Requires some coding to remove adaptive fail warning
2. No adaptive lights

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2017, 11:25 AM   #2
Archiebabes
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5, Huracan EVO, R35 GTR

I just ordered this on my newly acquired 2013 M5 ETA is 2 Week of May.

Last edited by Archiebabes; 04-27-2017 at 11:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2017, 12:39 PM   #3
LI-M5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5

There is a thread of a member that drove to them and had it done and he was very happy w everything , search it you should find it easilly
Appreciate 1
f10eugene105.50
      04-27-2017, 04:41 PM   #4
f10eugene
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archiebabes View Post
I just ordered this on my newly acquired 2013 M5 ETA is 2 Week of May.
Nice! I think ours are coming on the same boat or plane
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2017, 08:33 PM   #5
epiphanyray
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2003 E39 M5 + 2013 F10 M5

you wont regret it..... Trust me. However, to code this correctly do not even think of using someone else other than ADRIAN. Talk to Umnitza, and they will refer you to him.

Adrian was awesome. Patient, and is VERY familiar with the coding options. Do not try to code this out yourself. If so, do a backup of all files.

Once you are done.... You will be EXTREMELY happy. The headlights were the coolest upgrade...
Appreciate 1
f10eugene105.50
      04-28-2017, 04:44 PM   #6
SapphireM5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 Sapphire Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiphanyray View Post
you wont regret it..... Trust me. However, to code this correctly do not even think of using someone else other than ADRIAN. Talk to Umnitza, and they will refer you to him.

Adrian was awesome. Patient, and is VERY familiar with the coding options. Do not try to code this out yourself. If so, do a backup of all files.

Once you are done.... You will be EXTREMELY happy. The headlights were the coolest upgrade...
Do you have any pics of them after final install? I have only found pics of the lights themselves before install or far away on the car. Anything at night or just some close ups around the car?

Thanks
'13 Black Sapphire Metallic - BPM Stage 1 Tune - RPI Exhaust - KW HAS Kit - 12mm spacers all around- Carbon Fiber front lip - High Kick Trunk Spoiler - Rear Roof Spoiler - IND Kidney and Fender Grills - 20% Tint all around 50% Front Windshield - PPF
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 12:46 AM   #7
epiphanyray
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireM5 View Post
Do you have any pics of them after final install? I have only found pics of the lights themselves before install or far away on the car. Anything at night or just some close ups around the car?

Thanks
Close enough for ya?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 12:59 AM   #8
epiphanyray
First Lieutenant
Rep

one more at dusk. Hard to photograph and get an accurate representation of what they really look like.

this should give you an idea.

More pics at: http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1379653
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 01:29 AM   #9
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
one more at dusk. Hard to photograph and get an accurate representation of what they really look like.

this should give you an idea.

More pics at: http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1379653
Damn those look beautiful!

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 08:31 AM   #10
SapphireM5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks
Close enough for ya?
Thank you sir, they look so good!
'13 Black Sapphire Metallic - BPM Stage 1 Tune - RPI Exhaust - KW HAS Kit - 12mm spacers all around- Carbon Fiber front lip - High Kick Trunk Spoiler - Rear Roof Spoiler - IND Kidney and Fender Grills - 20% Tint all around 50% Front Windshield - PPF
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 09:19 AM   #11
MpowerMike
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 IB BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdalla Alhammadi View Post
guys be very careful with those headlights, I have them since last year. Since last November I'm facing problem in their headlights, there is moisture inside the headlights and keep appears each time I drive the car.

there is a lot of emails between me and them to resolve this issue. first, they said it is normal and will disappear with some time. later, they told me to double check the fitment. then they asked me to put silica packets to absorb it. after that they told me to remove it because it make it worse. finally, they said I'm not the only one has this issue, and several customers have it.

I asked them several time to replace them, but they keep changing the subject and propose another solution. I'm really disappointed from the way they are dealing with me.

check the attached photos

That makes me think twice! replica garbage
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 12:15 PM   #12
epiphanyray
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
guys be very careful with those headlights, I have them since last year. Since last November I'm facing problem in their headlights, there is moisture inside the headlights and keep appears each time I drive the car.

there is a lot of emails between me and them to resolve this issue. first, they said it is normal and will disappear with some time. later, they told me to double check the fitment. then they asked me to put silica packets to absorb it. after that they told me to remove it because it make it worse. finally, they said I'm not the only one has this issue, and several customers have it.

I asked them several time to replace them, but they keep changing the subject and propose another solution. I'm really disappointed from the way they are dealing with me.

That is a little scary. Granted I have only had these lights on for a month. So far no problems. Can you please be specific as to when they started getting moisture inside after you installed?

Any info is helpful.

thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 02:39 PM   #13
SapphireM5
Major
Rep

Quote:

Damn, well thats that then...
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 08:47 PM   #14
TheHouseWon
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

How much more than Umnitza are LCI headlights?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 09:16 PM   #15
evilb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: McLaren MSO 570S, 18 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHouseWon View Post
How much more than Umnitza are LCI headlights?
Easily $3k more expensive for OEM LEDs.
      04-30-2017, 10:13 PM   #16
epiphanyray
First Lieutenant
Rep

I will post back as time progresses. Want to keep anyone in the loop about these lights. will try to provide a review after 6, 12, 18 months later.
Appreciate 1
A.dot236.00
      05-01-2017, 09:38 AM   #17
TheHouseWon
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
to be honest, I don't remember. but each time it gets worse after using the silica packets as per their recommendation (now they don't recommend it) and depends on the weather condition as I noticed.
Let us know if they replace them or refund $$$... Sounds like youre getting bad service. I hope they step up and do the right thing
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 10:14 AM   #18
epiphanyray
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
to be honest, I don't remember. but each time it gets worse after using the silica packets as per their recommendation (now they don't recommend it) and depends on the weather condition as I noticed.
Thanks for the feedback. Im wondering if someone has had these installed for over a year without problems... Would love to hear some feedback from others who have installed these...
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 11:58 AM   #19
f10eugene
First Lieutenant
Rep

I did ask about condensation and they said that it can occure in the beginning becuase the lights have been freshly sealed and due to change of altititude/pressure/temp (assuming those lights get flown in from manufacturer). I was instructed to open up some sort of cap once I receive them.

I am EXTREMELY ocd so driving around with light(s) that have condensation is not an option.

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. Im wondering if someone has had these installed for over a year without problems... Would love to hear some feedback from others who have installed these...
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 12:35 PM   #20
epiphanyray
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by f10eugene View Post
I did ask about condensation and they said that it can occure in the beginning becuase the lights have been freshly sealed and due to change of altititude/pressure/temp (assuming those lights get flown in from manufacturer). I was instructed to open up some sort of cap once I receive them.

I am EXTREMELY ocd so driving around with light(s) that have condensation is not an option.
Keep us updated on your install. I washed the car saturday, and no problems.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 12:42 PM   #21
w@lterwhite
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e39it

Quote:

Adrian is very good. It's helpful to us because he's local.

We just sent another customer his way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f10eugene View Post
Nice! I think ours are coming on the same boat or plane
Hopefully no delays. Dealing with the factory is very difficult sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI-M5 View Post
There is a thread of a member that drove to them and had it done and he was very happy w everything , search it you should find it easilly
Smoorebmw is the member, the was vocal on this forum and started a thread. We have installed 10+ units here locally so far. No major issues.

Quote:

Thanks
here is Friday's install for Jimmy U.....Sorry the pics got a little oversized but better this way so you can see the detail of the product on the car better.
I've put those photos at the bottom of this reply since they are gigantic.

Quote:
We have never denied you the ability to replace the product.

EDIT: We are working things out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpowerMike View Post
That makes me think twice! replica garbage
Mike, changing your opinion may be difficult but because circumstances on public forums often have many sides to the issue, best not to jump to conclusions.

Quote:
I guess they don't care about their reputation.
We care very much about our reputation, which is why we've continued to give you many solutions across over 20+ emails. Each time we offer you a solution we work with the factory to get best practice support for you. That's good customer care.

Quote:
They haven't been out more than a year. Smoore's install was in September 2016.
We've replaced 2 headlights thus far for people and remain actively engaged with anyone that needs support as it comes up.

Here are the photos from the most recent install:

Last edited by w@lterwhite; 05-01-2017 at 05:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 03:17 PM   #22
TheHouseWon
Colonel
Rep

I vote for a free replacement! Umnitza can take the used headlights and refurbish them then resell here for a slightly lower price. Win win win
Appreciate 0