M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

08-11-2012, 09:10 AM   #67
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
Just ordered a set of Forgeline GA1R (19") for a pretty decent price. It weighs around 20lbs and monobloc.

It looks like this.
Wow can't wait to see this! I was on the fence about ordering this for my 535 Msport but only if they had 20" application. How much did you pay for your set?

Alan
      08-11-2012, 11:32 AM   #68
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

Actually, they do come in 20". Here is the pdf ordering guide.

http://blog.forgeline.com/wp-content...bined_RDF1.pdf

Got quoted from a bunch of resellers in the US and Canada (where I am) and the quote ranged between MSRP (as shown on ordering guide) to 15% off the MSRP. Obviously, I am smart enough to go with the 15% off quote which so happened it's a Canadian reseller.

Before I bought, I was also checking various fourms and they were on sale in the 2011 'black friday' offered by LG Motorsports (dealing with mostly Vettes, Camaro, Mustangs) and they were 20% off the MSRP. Therefore, I am not that far off the deal I got. Besides, I was comparing Forgeline prices with other brands and I figured $1100 - $1200 per wheel (without tire) would be the average going price for a decent forged wheel.

In all, the deal I got was $5180 MSRP * 85% + canadian taxes + shipping = $5000 Cdn (All incl.) The standard wheels are all powder coated but can be custom to any finishes, color, fitting, etc. I went standard powder coat (Satin) Gunmetal. I wanted the Transparent Smoke (as shown in previously posted pic) but my shop suggested gunmetal looks better with a darker color car. The wheels should be here in mid September.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Wow can't wait to see this! I was on the fence about ordering this for my 535 Msport but only if they had 20" application. How much did you pay for your set?

Alan
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 12:13 PM   #69
PatrickC23
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 991.1 911 GTS, '16 F85 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Are there many One-piece Super/Deep Concave wheels? As much as I love three-piece wheels, Im tired of bending them on NY/NJ roads. Just feel a one piece structure will hold up better.

(Not a fan of the HRE P40 SC anymore)
      08-11-2012, 04:56 PM   #70
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

The one I have chosen is monobloc (1 pc), I actually like the GA3R design, but it's a 3-pc wheels. I literally took just over 1 month to research and finally came down to Forgeline, it may not be for everyone but that's what I like at the end.

I think there are many super/deep concave wheels out there, it comes down to individual likes/dislikes of pattern, design, brand, etc.

In the earlier posts, I was thinking of A.G. F310 (deep concave) but after researching a bit more, I decided againt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsc23 View Post
Are there many One-piece Super/Deep Concave wheels? As much as I love three-piece wheels, Im tired of bending them on NY/NJ roads. Just feel a one piece structure will hold up better.

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 08:13 PM   #71
Rob@StrasseWheels
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW G80 M3 Comp

Quote:

We're currently working on our Concave Monoblock wheel line right now. We'll have pics of the first few rides on them within the next few weeks! I'm contemplating throwing a set on my E92 M3!

@Strasse_Robert | (786)701-3649 | Robert@StrasseWheels.com | www.StrasseWheels.com
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #72
wheeladdicts
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:

Couple of monoblock examples from Forged 1 Wheels including their new GT design which will feature a spot for the ///M sticker (available on all designs):

Forged 1 Ten Split Monoblock by Forged 1 Wheels, on Flickr

Forged 1 Five - Monoblock by Forged 1 Wheels, on Flickr

Forged 1 Five Split Monoblock with Brushed Gunmetal by Forged 1 Wheels, on Flickr

Forged 1 Five Split Monoblock with Brushed Gunmetal by Forged 1 Wheels, on Flickr

Forged 1 GT - Concave Monoblock by Forged 1 Wheels, on Flickr

Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 12:30 PM   #73
Andy H.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by NlckyBlack View Post
Whats the specs on this wheel and ballpark cost? It looks stunning on the black F10
NIcky,

I've been looking for a good quality set of black BMW roundels (emblems) like yours.

Did you change yours to black by using the vinyl sticker kits that are available? Or, did you purchase new emblems?

If you purchased the emblems I would be interested in where you found them, as I am eager to chnage mine out.

Appreciate it!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 11:52 PM   #74
PatrickC23
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 991.1 911 GTS, '16 F85 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeladdicts View Post
Couple of monoblock examples from Forged 1 Wheels including their new GT design which will feature a spot for the ///M sticker (available on all designs):

Forged 1 Five - Monoblock by Forged 1 Wheels, on Flickr

wat wheels are in your sig on the white m3?
      08-25-2012, 08:03 AM   #75
wheeladdicts
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
wat wheels are in your sig on the white m3?
Forged 1 Ten in a Concave Monoblock
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2012, 07:29 AM   #76
Chump
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Just ordered a set of Forgeline GA1R (19") for a pretty decent price. It weighs around 20lbs and monobloc.

It looks like this.
When do your wheels arrive?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2012, 09:56 AM   #77
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

It's tentatively scheduled for last week of September.

They are to be used for winter (in Canada). I will take a few pics when I have the wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chump View Post
When do your wheels arrive?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2012, 10:46 AM   #78
DanyoM5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X65.0 z435is. F10 M5 on ord

wheels

does anyone know the offset you need to clear the front M caliper? I am looking at 2 different sets of wheels BBS RKs and Rays Racing...
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2012, 10:57 AM   #79
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

stock -20" f & r - 34. 19" f 32 & r 34

I was also looking at the bbs & rays & advan ... when I called up bbs usa directly, they cannot confirm at all since they don't even have a M5 for any of their wheel fitment. As for rays & advan, the online reseller such as Vivid Racing tried to track down the answer for me since June and the final answer from the main US distributor came back with "You buy at your own risk, in case the wheel does not clear" and both rays & advan have no intention to try to confirm any of their wheels will clear. Actually, Advan suggested their wheels are not made for the M5, they are more intended for the M3. Given the M5 brakes are slightly bigger than M3, this may represent a border line type of situation.

But you can make a reference to Tirerack M5 wheel fitment, BBS does have the CH-R 20" as confirmed and so are a bunch of HRE as well.

Like my earlier postings have shown, I simply got no straight answer from anyone and forced me to go so-called customed wheel. Forgeline confirmed their wheels are built for bbk fitment, incl. vettes, porshces, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyoM5 View Post
does anyone know the offset you need to clear the front M caliper? I am looking at 2 different sets of wheels BBS RKs and Rays Racing...

Last edited by bobblehead; 08-26-2012 at 11:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2012, 11:46 PM   #80
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaM5 View Post
Hey guys, I've just decided to go with ADV for a set of wheels, worked with Wheels Boutique on this project and they are top notch to work with.

The car depicted is a 5 series, I've also ordered an alpine white M5. The offsets a bit a different on the 5 series and M5, so my lip will be significantly deeper on the rear and the wheel will look more concave than depicted here. I went with the ADV10 deep concave set, 21x9 on Michelin PSS 255/30/21 on front and 21x11 295/25/21 on the rear. The face will be a satin brushed gunmetallic with chrome lip. Will hopefully be done in 4-5 weeks!!! Can't wait!!
Quote:
Are the KW's EDC compliant? Meaning you won't lose function of the EDC?
There will be no coilovers that will function with the EDC. It's a BMW proprietary tech that involves two way communication between the shock and the computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-deL88 View Post
You guys might want to do a little bit of research on the M3Post side before spending almost $10k on wheels/tires for your $100k M5's and dealing with headaches down the line... Just read up on all of this smh

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=717258

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=664569

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596608
Quote:
Guys, there are examples of even HREs cracking out on the internet, does that mean we should ban them and never buy them again? Of course not, all wheels are potentially prone to failure. I had a recent set of Apex wheels on a BMW 328 that I do DE's with, and when I put new tires on the rims we noticed that both front wheels were slightly bent. I was assured these wheels were extremely durable when I purchased them. Any wheel can crack if put under the right circumstances. Most folks with ADVs I've seen have been happy with their purchase. Plus, I didn't spend 10 grand like folks are assuming.
Bending a wheel can happen with crappy driving or roads. Did you even read the threads? I know they're long, but you should take the time. I know you're trying to justify your purchase, but they're worth the read; especially if you value who's in your car. Also remember, these failures where on vehicles that were not tracked.
They BLATANTLY LIE about being TUV certified. They BLATANTLY LIE about drilling extra holes for "weight savings." Their' "track series" wheels weigh around 30 lbs. There have been MANY complaints about crappy finish.

Here's another one: http://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w2...-question.html

Quote:
Where'd you get that quote from? I just got a quote on the same wheels (ADV10 deep concave) for $6300 no tires, or $8000 with nittos.....add another 2 if you want Michelin Pilot Super Sports or Pirellis.....both of which are superb tires but if they're gonna only last 10-15k miles, not worth it in my opinion.
Nitto tires? Unless you're talking NT05's, which would be terrible for the road, look elsewhere. Super Sports are warrantied for 30,000 miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhsam View Post
Wont 21's slow down the car since you have a larger rolling diameter?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzade46m3 View Post
No the diameter shouldn't change, but the rolling resistance might because of weight of new wheel/tire combo. Since the factory tire is 265/40/19 F, if you do a 20" the tire aspect ratio drops by 5% to compensate for the overall diameter. So a 20" would be 255/35/20 and 21" would be 255/30/21. All keeping the OD very close to OE size. I used to be in the wheel/tire industry long ago...
Anchors, as in 30 lbs wheels, is what will slow you down. You increase unsprung weight, and you put more stress on the suspension to control the wheel/tires and make it harder to turn the wheels.

Quote:
^^ those are the cream of the crop for wheels. Forgeline GA3R mono blocks......can't get any better than that in terms of quality and strength. Price isn't bad either and it makes you wonder how can those other companies ask for twice the amount for their bling bling wheels

Alan
Are these wheels TUV, or JWL/VIA certified?
I'm not hating on them. Just want to know.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."

Last edited by aus; 08-27-2012 at 02:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 05:57 AM   #81
CarolinaM5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Aus, I decided to go with the super sports, its true they are warrantied for 30000 miles, but this is only applicable to a nonstaggered set up, for cars like ours, they are warrantied only for 15000 miles, gotta read the fine print!
2013 BMW M5, Retired, AW/SO
2012 VW Golf R daily driven Stage II+ APR tune, 370HP
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 06:08 AM   #82
CarolinaM5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Aus, I took the time to read all those threads, I had seen those threads before you posted them. I've also seen examples of threads that same applies to HRE which are considered cream of the crop. Any wheel can be bent including factory forged wheels, believe me I've done it before. A reputable wheel dealer will help you deal with the aftermath. In terms of valueing whos in my car, I've got two kids so obviously this is important to me. I've tried to look into this as much as possible, and theres no true way to know that any product will stand up to muster, but in my mind I was convinced when the dealer who I bought the wheels from (owner of wheels boutique, worlds largest HRE dealer) said he's got ADVs on his X5M that carries his children. If the wheels were suspect then I don't think worlds largest HRE dealer would put ADV1s on his car. In terms of the weight savings, I asked them about this issue, they aren't performing race prep on my wheels though it is possible to do. Having said all that, what wheel would you recommend?! The only wheel fully TUV certified to my knowledge is HRE/BBS.
2013 BMW M5, Retired, AW/SO
2012 VW Golf R daily driven Stage II+ APR tune, 370HP
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 02:00 PM   #83
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Aus, I took the time to read all those threads, I had seen those threads before you posted them. I've also seen examples of threads that same applies to HRE which are considered cream of the crop. Any wheel can be bent including factory forged wheels, believe me I've done it before. A reputable wheel dealer will help you deal with the aftermath. In terms of valueing whos in my car, I've got two kids so obviously this is important to me. I've tried to look into this as much as possible, and theres no true way to know that any product will stand up to muster, but in my mind I was convinced when the dealer who I bought the wheels from (owner of wheels boutique, worlds largest HRE dealer) said he's got ADVs on his X5M that carries his children. If the wheels were suspect then I don't think worlds largest HRE dealer would put ADV1s on his car. In terms of the weight savings, I asked them about this issue, they aren't performing race prep on my wheels though it is possible to do. Having said all that, what wheel would you recommend?! The only wheel fully TUV certified to my knowledge is HRE/BBS.
You're right about the SuperSports. I forgot about the staggard warranty.

As long as you're informed. It's they BS and lying to the customer and forum that really pisses me off. Then saying they drilled extra holes to save weight, then saying it was an accident??? The wheel was vibrating, and is not safe!!!

HRE is well respected, but was considered a Bling wheel in the past. They have now had their factory TUV certified, so I have much more confidence in them now.

True, top tier wheels include (but no limited to): BBS, VOLK/Rays, ADVAN.
If enough of you guys get together, you maybe able to get RAC (Ralph and Chuck) to make a spec wheel for your cars. They're awsome. They're made in the VOLK/Champion factory, but designed by two BMW/car guys. They are JWL/VIA certified and 8,000 TON forged. They're tested until failure.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."

Last edited by aus; 08-27-2012 at 02:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 07:49 AM   #84
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

PYSpeed reports Arkym (HRE made) J12 - 19" wheels confirmed fitment and clears the front brake caliper.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 10:02 AM   #85
thebishman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘24 iX M60

Quote:

PYSpeed reports Arkym (HRE made) J12 - 19" wheels confirmed fitment and clears the front brake caliper.
Any idea of the width F and R and the price?
TIA,
Bish
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 10:42 PM   #86
JimmyD
Jimmy D. 2011 F-10 550i Sport, Black Sapphire
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 F-10 550i

Garage List
2011 BMW 550i  [0.00]
Quote:
You guys might want to do a little research on the M3 forum about ADV wheels before you drop all that $$$$$.

My opinion the ONLY wheels that should go on a beast like the M5 are:

BBS, HRE, VOLK, ADVAN and Forgeline. These are legit wheel companies that manufacture their own stuff that are good enough and exceed OEM specifications.

Alan
What do you think about the quality of MORR's
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 12:07 AM   #87
ImpetuousRacer
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Tesla Model X P100D

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeladdicts View Post
Pm on the way regarding price.

This set was:

21x9 on 255/30/21
21x10.5 on 295/25/21
Hand Brushed and Cleared Face
Polished Lips with ceramic coating
Hand Brushed and cleared inners
Looking to do 20" and using the stock tires. Could you PM me a quote for the wheels. Also, how is the weight compared to stock? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #88
Ryan@IND
United_States
Rep
Drives: ACR

Quote:

Love the J12's, but the bigger issue is radial clearance with the rear caliper.