M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

09-03-2013, 12:51 PM   #45
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
Well, the point was not as directed at you but at your fellow M3 buddy who chimed in with "do your research", which in fact, I have, and is an utterly improper and insulting assumption that he somehow arrived at with no facts whatsoever. THAT is in bad taste.
I just saw this post today and thought I would respond. Please accept my apologies as I was not intending to attack or offend you. As AUS mentioned, he had posted a link to this thread in an ADV thread on the M3 side of the forum, which brought me over here. If you look at my post history, you will see that I spend a fair amount of my time on the forum helping people with wheel and tire questions. I have spent a silly amount of time experimenting with various wheel brands, sizes, tires, etc, plus researching the like. I enjoy helping people with their selections.

That being said, the spirit of my post was to reinforce what I think AUS was trying to say, which was that caution should be taken with ADV wheels. They have a bad reputation and seem to have earned it based on their past actions (or inaction). You make a good point when you state that it's dangerous to jump on the bandwagon bashing a brand without any direct experience with that brand. I agree. I will however say that I philosophically focus on brands that have earned solid reputations and recommend the same because I wouldn't want to waste mine or anyone else's time on something that has a poor track record. I also think that it's doing a disservice to others if I don't share the knowledge I have gained. In this case my research across multiple forums and direct contact with affected parties has led to my conclusion that ADV1 is a brand that I would avoid. I was under the false assumption that you were not aware of some of that past history. I was (and still am) also under the assumption that many people viewing your post were unaware of that past history. I think people have a right to know; and at the very least it will help them to ask the right questions when considering a purchase. I should add that the terseness of my post was not directed at you; it was directed at ADV1. I find it frustrating that they have conducted business in the way that they have in the past.

Again - I was not intending to attack or offend you and please accept my apologies. I wish you the best of luck with your ADV1 wheels and FWIW I think they look gorgeous.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #46
delano
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 F12 & 2013 Rover S/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
For the F10 M5 they would be too aggressive as for fit. For the F13 M6 they are spec'd perfectly. That is why I think they removed the original description of them as "F10 M5 "aggressive"" on their site. The M6 allows for deeper concave wheels and aggressive offsets. Ben@Wheels Boutique spec'd them out for an F13 and he is the VERY BEST at what he does. They are absolutely PERFECT for the M6.
Talked to Ben, real knowledgeable guy and their prices are great, ordered a set of ADV1s! Thanks for the referral
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 09:28 AM   #47
zzzmmm
SICK
Rep
Drives: MCB F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainly View Post
have yet to see a set of rims that were as nice on the m5 as the stock 20's
Id agree
Appreciate 0