Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

02-11-2023, 06:57 PM   #1
fstm5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Project Gamma turbo coolant lines

https://shopprojectgamma.com/product...BoC6kUQAvD_BwE

Has anyone purchased these and used them? If so how is the installation like, quality etc.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2023, 10:00 PM   #2
ruben356
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6 _ San Marino Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstm5 View Post
https://shopprojectgamma.com/product...BoC6kUQAvD_BwE

Has anyone purchased these and used them? If so how is the installation like, quality etc.
I installed those on my last M5. Bit of a pain. They do not make an adapter for the hose that connects to the cooling pump housing, so you have to take off the plastic one and remove the oem hose. Mines was brittle and broke the barb connector where the hose would mount. Could not find the piece individually, and found a repair part but was only 1/2" hose size not 5/8" which the project gamma one is. Had to jerry rig adapters to make it work. Was a pain, but hoses were warm to the touch after that.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2023, 10:19 PM   #3
fstm5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruben356 View Post
I installed those on my last M5. Bit of a pain. They do not make an adapter for the hose that connects to the cooling pump housing, so you have to take off the plastic one and remove the oem hose. Mines was brittle and broke the barb connector where the hose would mount. Could not find the piece individually, and found a repair part but was only 1/2" hose size not 5/8" which the project gamma one is. Had to jerry rig adapters to make it work. Was a pain, but hoses were warm to the touch after that.
If I’m not mistaken you made a YouTube video of your installation right? Because you had the same exact issue this YouTuber did that installed the lines, assuming that was you
Appreciate 0