M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

04-27-2017, 03:36 PM   #23
vividracing
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, F30 335i, F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior75 View Post
Won't be long now!! Can't wait. Thanks again for everything bro, couldn't be happier at this point. Definitely big shout out to Vivid, pleasure to deal with. Armytrix is a beautiful exhaust, everyone at the shop loves it, said it was a shame to even put this work of art on any car.
Im glad everything worked out, and its on the car. I appreciate the kind words. Let me know if you need anything else.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 08:48 AM   #24
Darkshear
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 2019 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracon View Post
You probably could, you'd just need to wire it to a vacuum valve (Armytrix replaces the OEM vacuum solenoid with it's own). This is mainly because Armytrix built the valves backwards from OEM operation.

In the OEM system, no vacuum means valves closed (default position) and vacuum is valves open. On the Armytrix system (and apparently other aftermarket systems too), no vacuum means valves open (default position) and vacuum is valves closed). So you can't use the OEM vacuum solenoid otherwise the valves close at throttle/speed.

I don't know why aftermarket exhausts do it backward from OEM, it makes no f'ing sense to me. Unless they are just trying to lock you into using their controllers/remotes for valve operation instead of running it the same way as OEM.

And I agree on the OBDII being a more expensive part and I'd be happy to send the OBDII version back in exchange for the classical remote (the classical remote requires you to tap into a couple wires for the RPM/Throttle sensors and power instead of pulling everything from the OBDII via CanBus).
So I did end up buying this exhaust. I don't have downpipes, so it's not nearly as aggressive as the promo videos, in fact it is quieter than stock CP exhaust on the inside of the car. Outside, it's much louder.

My valves default to closed. I'm wondering if something was missed or backwards since you're saying they should default to open...?

Remotes were included but depend on the OBDII dongle to be connected. There is an old control box that ARMYTRIX had which could still be floating around somewhere that allows you to avoid OBDII but availability is sketchy from what I could tell.