BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

11-05-2015, 07:16 AM   #23
E90potentialbuyer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 / 2009 335i xDrive

I think China opened an investigation on price gouging by European makers sometime ago. Their thesis was that for similar volumes, the car makers are charging excessively more in China than in Us and EU.

If they are fully importing these cars as ready to sell into the country and sell a decent base of standard 3's and X's, no reason that their should be a crazy markup on M's. But it's a free market and they can price as they want.

Re: contrast stitching. Wow, seems like the dealer was insanely marking up the price. M provides pricing to the dealer who then passes it onto you. Very shady that dealer is doing a ridiculous markup on it. In US you can ask them for more transparency. I asked and the dealer gave me the pricing and said they are doing a 7% markup.
2017 Fiat 500C Abarth
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2015, 01:41 AM   #24
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90potentialbuyer View Post
I think China opened an investigation on price gouging by European makers sometime ago. Their thesis was that for similar volumes, the car makers are charging excessively more in China than in Us and EU.

If they are fully importing these cars as ready to sell into the country and sell a decent base of standard 3's and X's, no reason that their should be a crazy markup on M's. But it's a free market and they can price as they want.

Re: contrast stitching. Wow, seems like the dealer was insanely marking up the price. M provides pricing to the dealer who then passes it onto you. Very shady that dealer is doing a ridiculous markup on it. In US you can ask them for more transparency. I asked and the dealer gave me the pricing and said they are doing a 7% markup.
Unfortunately since Taiwan BMW is a exclusive distributor, I can't make them do anything unless I go through BMW Germany (like what I did for the contrast stitching), but I doubt BMW Germany will make BMW Taiwan tell me their markups.

Anyways, what's done is done, now the long wait begins.
Appreciate 0