Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

05-27-2016, 08:27 PM   #23
Blackraven
Captain
Rep
Drives: Toyota Corolla ALTIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynd View Post
Try and E63S... just take one for a spin.
Wait for the next-gen model to come out. It should also come in wagon variant for North America as well
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2016, 08:32 PM   #24
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post
Wait for the next-gen model to come out. It should also come in wagon variant for North America as well
Never cared for wagon
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2016, 08:45 PM   #25
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

Incidentally, I put in a small deposit for the new gen e63 s wagon today. Dealer has no timeline of release but they believe the car will be delivered around late March 2017 for North America.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2016, 08:54 PM   #26
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
Incidentally, I put in a small deposit for the new gen e63 s wagon today. Dealer has no timeline of release but they believe the car will be delivered around late March 2017 for North America.
Wow
I don't even know what they look like!!
Educate me bro!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2016, 09:17 PM   #27
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Still in camo stage and I am ordering blindly.

My deposit is refundable subject to price, options and final production spec details and look, of course.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/mercede...5368.html#main

Last edited by bobblehead; 05-27-2016 at 09:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2016, 06:00 AM   #28
SFT33
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E28, E34, E60 & F10 M5s

I've learned the hard way - never buy the first year model

Don't do it
      05-28-2016, 07:25 AM   #29
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFT33 View Post
Don't do it
Sorry OP, off track from your topic.

I do agree ... but I am always a sucker for brand new generation cars.

My past examples are:
MY2011 550xdrive - no issue except there was just one tsb of fuel tank sensor. By far, the most problem free bmw I had ever owned in my life (although it was slightly less than 2 yrs)
MY2013 F10 M5 - much more issues than I liked - brakes squealing, wheel bearings, excessive oil consumption, coolant leaking (hose clamp issue). I did escape from the hpfp recall when the car first came out. The worst was LCI came in MY2014 which made my car looked obsolete in just 1 year time.
MY2015 Porsche Macan - same but they are more of the annoying and time wasted type of issues that I need to go back to dealer on multiple times to get them done.

Now, the potential new gen. E63 S wagon. Pending buy. If this is a no go, then I will hang on to my current Porsche Macan for another year and see what's out there. Maybe a Porsche Panamera sports wagon which is supposed to come to NA in 2018

Last edited by bobblehead; 05-28-2016 at 07:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2016, 10:22 PM   #30
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
Sorry OP, off track from your topic.

I do agree ... but I am always a sucker for brand new generation cars.

My past examples are:
MY2011 550xdrive - no issue except there was just one tsb of fuel tank sensor. By far, the most problem free bmw I had ever owned in my life (although it was slightly less than 2 yrs)
MY2013 F10 M5 - much more issues than I liked - brakes squealing, wheel bearings, excessive oil consumption, coolant leaking (hose clamp issue). I did escape from the hpfp recall when the car first came out. The worst was LCI came in MY2014 which made my car looked obsolete in just 1 year time.
MY2015 Porsche Macan - same but they are more of the annoying and time wasted type of issues that I need to go back to dealer on multiple times to get them done.

Now, the potential new gen. E63 S wagon. Pending buy. If this is a no go, then I will hang on to my current Porsche Macan for another year and see what's out there. Maybe a Porsche Panamera sports wagon which is supposed to come to NA in 2018
Nice Segway
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2016, 11:01 PM   #31
E90potentialbuyer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 / 2009 335i xDrive

Didn't you just get another M5? I thought you loved the RWD platform?

What's the point of a fast SUV? Every review I have seen says it handles great... With a caveat "for a car this size and weight". That's like saying this person with 5 teeth missing is better looking that this person with 10 teeth missing... I for one do not get the point of a fast uncomfortable SUV which needs a special tire set to drive in winter.

You have a Q7, yea? And a M5? Add a AMG GTS / Jag F Type / Porsche 911 as a third car. You get utility (SUV), a daily beast of a cruiser (M5), and a speed machine (sports car) for going nuts when you want to.
2017 Fiat 500C Abarth
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 03:44 PM   #32
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90potentialbuyer View Post

What's the point of a fast SUV? Every review I have seen says it handles great... With a caveat "for a car this size and weight". That's like saying this person with 5 teeth missing is better looking that this person with 10 teeth missing... I for one do not get the point of a fast uncomfortable SUV which needs a special tire set to drive in winter.

You have a Q7, yea? And a M5? Add a AMG GTS / Jag F Type / Porsche 911 as a third car. You get utility (SUV), a daily beast of a cruiser (M5), and a speed machine (sports car) for going nuts when you want to.
New perspective
You crack me up man!
You're right!
It just hit me
LOL
Was thinking about Maserati Granturismo for a "Sports" car but the problem is it's way slower than M5 even on its S iteration !! I believe still NA?! I'm thinking getting it with 20k miles so doesn't hurt me with first couple of years horrid depreciation!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 04:52 PM   #33
E90potentialbuyer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 / 2009 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90potentialbuyer View Post

New perspective
You crack me up man!
You're right!
It just hit me
LOL
Was thinking about Maserati Granturismo for a "Sports" car but the problem is it's way slower than M5 even on its S iteration !! I believe still NA?! I'm thinking getting it with 20k miles so doesn't hurt me with first couple of years horrid depreciation!
Ha! Maserati GT is a great looking car but I agree with you that it's more of a cruiser and won't give the rush! Check out the AMG GT. It's an amazing piece of kit. I love the beast, but AMG GT is a perfect speed machine.
2017 Fiat 500C Abarth
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2016, 02:45 AM   #34
JOHN ///M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

I currently drive the x5m and I love. It may lose some handling but the tq is there for you to catch up easily. You should go ask the f85 forum and see what they say. When I first got the x5m, I was little worried about handling, but it handles pretty good for a suv in my book. A lot of people will under estimate this suv. Good luck with the search.
'12 MW E92 M3 I Piano Black Trim I Vorsteiner Aero Front Lip I Varis Rear Diffuser I Varis Rear Skirt I Platte Forme Side Skirt I Ohlin's Road and Track Coilover I Akrapovic GT4 X-pipe I Akrapovic Slip I ESS Tuning I Brembos Brakes I Euro Front Bumper I BBS Limited Black Edition Lugs/Locks I Macht Schnell Studs I BMW Performance Carbon Fiber Spoiler I BMW Performance Grills/Gills I BMW Performance Seats I Rogue Short Shifter I BBS FI
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2016, 12:41 PM   #35
WCH
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M8C convertible

Garage List
I've had both a M5 and a X5M. Needed the AWD. The X5M is surprisingly good and more fun that I thought it would be. Also much more practical. I'm continually surprised that I can put the power down at will where with the M5, it was always something I had to keep an eye on as TC would cut in.

I have a weekend/nice day sports car so I can scratch that itch but I really like the combo - sports car + X5M. Will be interesting to see what the next M5 looks like.
Appreciate 0