M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

08-09-2014, 09:36 PM   #23
Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP Dinan Stage 2

Garage List
Also very happy. You will notice that the Noelle version has the widest tubing. It is so wide that they have intentional dents ( same as stock) so they can allow the most flow and use all the space possible.
      08-14-2014, 12:30 AM   #24
PetrolFumes
Major
Rep
Drives: Raptor, GT3RS,E92 M3,X5M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinny02 View Post
Also very happy. You will notice that the Noelle version has the widest tubing. It is so wide that they have intentional dents ( same as stock) so they can allow the most flow and use all the space possible.
I need a pair of these
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 07:12 AM   #25
Used2be
Perennial PFC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 DG/Aragon

Quote:
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Noelle DPs modified stock DPs? I believe Noelle just replaced the catalyst with a less restrictive catalyst and welded it in. They are the stock double wall construction, hence the wider appearance, but the inside tubing dimension is either the same or slightly smaller than the other aftermarket constructions. I'm hoping to purchase some DPs in the future and want to be sure of the facts, thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 07:24 AM   #26
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used2be
Quote:
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Noelle DPs modified stock DPs? I believe Noelle just replaced the catalyst with a less restrictive catalyst and welded it in. They are the stock double wall construction, hence the wider appearance, but the inside tubing dimension is either the same or slightly smaller than the other aftermarket constructions. I'm hoping to purchase some DPs in the future and want to be sure of the facts, thanks.
Ha nope you are correct , it's stock with a single 400 cell catalyzer.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 08:27 AM   #27
Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used2be
Quote:
Correct
      09-27-2014, 12:03 PM   #28
GetSoM5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 SGM/Plat Ind.

Sound Clip of DP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsbmw View Post
No, they are OEM, they add 21hp, they don't stink or stain, they sound great and my car will still pass inspection.
Any chance of posting a video of the sound with your DP?

John
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 12:22 PM   #29
Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthTexM5 View Post

John
http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthr...1008125&page=5 Watch the video on this page. The first car is mine and has Noelle do and Dinan. Note- we were at a gas station so we did not rev to loud. This is only 2500 rpm. She burbles if you go higher.

Last edited by Spinny02; 09-27-2014 at 06:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 05:51 PM   #30
wrsbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ferrari 488 Spider

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthTexM5 View Post

John

Here is a youtube

Appreciate 0
      09-28-2014, 04:02 AM   #31
AstonMartian777
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 F06

$4500.00 BWAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAAHAH I thought people with money had brains BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA This world is coming to a FKNG ENDDDDDDDDD, I'M DYING !!!!!
      09-28-2014, 11:02 AM   #32
wrsbmw
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonMartian777 View Post
$4500.00 BWAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAAHAH I thought people with money had brains BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA This world is coming to a FKNG ENDDDDDDDDD, I'M DYING !!!!!
No drone, no stink, no CEL and not looking around wondering where I will get it inspected as some others are. You get what you pay for.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2014, 03:37 PM   #33
PetrolFumes
Major
Rep

Quote:
No drone, no stink, no CEL and not looking around wondering where I will get it inspected as some others are. You get what you pay for.
True but someone has to come up with a pair that you will get all of ththe above for less. Simon motorsport claims they do this with their catless but youll get the smell since catless. They use mini cats in 02 ports. Anyone using these that can chime in? Theyre 1800 bucks
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2014, 04:03 PM   #34
AstonMartian777
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Bro and you forgot to mention NO GAIN in HP, minimal if you gained 5whp I will clap, there would be absolutely no difference if you kept stock pipes
      09-28-2014, 04:06 PM   #35
wrsbmw
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowerrF10 View Post
True but someone has to come up with a pair that you will get all of ththe above for less.
Not that I could find and I looked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowerrF10 View Post
Simon motorsport claims they do this with their catless but youll get the smell since catless. They use mini cats in 02 ports. Anyone using these that can chime in? Theyre 1800 bucks
Not possible that you don't get the CEL unless they have cats. I don't think the mini cats are going to fool the DME. If you get the CEL, you fail inspection here in Austin.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2014, 04:08 PM   #36
wrsbmw
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Bro and you forgot to mention NO GAIN in HP, minimal if you gained 5whp I will clap, there would be absolutely no difference if you kept stock pipes
Maybe you should check the Noelle site before you make an unsubstantiated claim. They show about a 21hp gain.

My FVD exhausts with high flow cats on the 991 tts gets 25hp.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 07:20 AM   #37
Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
This. What's great about this forum is that we get to share out learnings from our personalized cars.

Like wrsbmw I am also happy with the Noelle high flow cats.

There are more options at a lower cost but they have unintended consequences.

@AstonMartian777 judging by your username you should know something about spending a lot of money on car that is priced high and performs below avg compared to its peers. There is usually good reason we spend this kind of money.

In my case I do not feel that the high flow cats were a waste of money. Best bang for the buck, defiantly not, but not a waste.

Last edited by Spinny02; 09-29-2014 at 07:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 11:15 AM   #38
AstonMartian777
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Maybe you should check the Noelle site before you make an unsubstantiated claim. They show about a 21hp gain.

My FVD exhausts with high flow cats on the 991 tts gets 25hp.
These downpipes make no HP, maybe, maaaaybe 5whp maximum, is it worth 4k to get 5 or even 10whp ? Absolutely not, i would rather donate it to sick kids or something
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 12:19 PM   #39
wrsbmw
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
These downpipes make no HP, maybe, maaaaybe 5whp maximum, is it worth 4k to get 5 or even 10whp ? Absolutely not, i would rather donate it to sick kids or something

Well as I said, you should check the Noelle site instead of making unsubstantiated claims. I actually translated the text from the site and posted it on this thread but you don't seem to have read the whole thread. In addition, Steve Dinan put these on his car maybe you should ask him what the horsepower gain from these cats is and support your claim with some data. Until you can substantiate your claim, it's just a wob.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 01:11 PM   #40
AstonMartian777
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Well as I said, you should check the Noelle site instead of making unsubstantiated claims. I actually translated the text from the site and posted it on this thread but you don't seem to have read the whole thread. In addition, Steve Dinan put these on his car maybe you should ask him what the horsepower gain from these cats is and support your claim with some data. Until you can substantiate your claim, it's just a wob.
They can claim anything they want
      09-29-2014, 01:18 PM   #41
wrsbmw
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
They can claim anything they want
Apparently you're the perfect example of claiming anything you want.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 01:55 PM   #42
Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
i would rather donate it to sick kids or something
I do. I am sure many other people on this forum do as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 07:06 PM   #43
JPMD
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5

Spinny and WRSBMW thanks for continuing to honestly share all of your experiences. It's what forums like this are all about.

As an example the day before I had a muffler shop remove my resonators I found out that the comp pkg doesn't have any.

AstonMartian is entitled to his opinion but his comments I agree are really not all that helpful. I think we would all be guilty of poor use of our money with the simple fact we own this expensive cars then modify them when a 10K used car can get us from point a to B but that's not we are all about.

Also looking at WRSBMW's stable of cars I don't think he is all that worried about spending 4K

A fun discussion could be what would be the most bang for the buck if I spent 4K in mods?

Currently I have BMS set at 3.5 and charcoal delete. I live in FL where 93oct fuel is readily available and no emissions. I have considered downpipes since not only will they produce better sound which our cars desperately need but also more power. Think about how much some of the aftermarket exhausts cost with no real benefit of extra HP. This is a daily driver for me so I would not go catless; just a personal preference and do not want any smell. If I lived in a state with emissions I would go Noelle all the way to avoid any hassles; slightly tougher decision for me right now.

Anyway have to go. FYI monthly check to St Jude's is in the mail.
Appreciate 1
      09-29-2014, 11:19 PM   #44
PetrolFumes
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPMD View Post
Spinny and WRSBMW thanks for continuing to honestly share all of your experiences. It's what forums like this are all about.

As an example the day before I had a muffler shop remove my resonators I found out that the comp pkg doesn't have any.

AstonMartian is entitled to his opinion but his comments I agree are really not all that helpful. I think we would all be guilty of poor use of our money with the simple fact we own this expensive cars then modify them when a 10K used car can get us from point a to B but that's not we are all about.

Also looking at WRSBMW's stable of cars I don't think he is all that worried about spending 4K

A fun discussion could be what would be the most bang for the buck if I spent 4K in mods?

Currently I have BMS set at 3.5 and charcoal delete. I live in FL where 93oct fuel is readily available and no emissions. I have considered downpipes since not only will they produce better sound which our cars desperately need but also more power. Think about how much some of the aftermarket exhausts cost with no real benefit of extra HP. This is a daily driver for me so I would not go catless; just a personal preference and do not want any smell. If I lived in a state with emissions I would go Noelle all the way to avoid any hassles; slightly tougher decision for me right now.

Anyway have to go. FYI monthly check to St Jude's is in the mail.
Appreciate 0