Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

12-16-2012, 01:55 PM   #23
Pazzo009
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M,M3(46&36),812SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANguru View Post
it's comical that people care so much about lights, reflectors, grills and side grills..

you don't see anybody saying you cheaped out on your M5 by putting wraps on your diffuser to look like carbon fiber instead of going with a real carbon fiber diffuser and your m5 should be taken away from you. After all that's what honda civics with fiber glass body kits do right??

It goes with the mantra of if you have nothing good to say, don't say it. To each their own.
I was trying to be "comical" when I said he should have his car taken away. I find it funny that two people have already tried to put in my place because I spoke out saying that this car didn't make any sense.

It's a forum...We discuss opinions. I didn't use offensive language or say anything utterly offensive.

As for my car "cheaped out", now you offended me, maybe some other sensitive guy will come to my rescue now. My car is a lease. I can't see spending $900 to $1800 on a rear diffuser, because then I should also get a front lip too...In my opinion.

Maybe the administrators should implement a rule on here that you are not allowed to give your opinion because you may offend overly sensitive people.

Merry Christmas, ohh wait, Happy Holidays...I hope that didn't offend you.

And just so we are clear. Frozen blue is beautiful, that car is beautiful...I just can't understand why you put shiny things with dull things. It just doesn't flow IN MY OPINION.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #24
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aculeg87 View Post
I was trying to be "comical" when I said he should have his car taken away. I find it funny that two people have already tried to put in my place because I spoke out saying that this car didn't make any sense.

It's a forum...We discuss opinions. I didn't use offensive language or say anything utterly offensive.

As for my car "cheaped out", now you offended me, maybe some other sensitive guy will come to my rescue now. My car is a lease. I can't see spending $900 to $1800 on a rear diffuser, because then I should also get a front lip too...In my opinion.

Maybe the administrators should implement a rule on here that you are not allowed to give your opinion because you may offend overly sensitive people.

Merry Christmas, ohh wait, Happy Holidays...I hope that didn't offend you.

And just so we are clear. Frozen blue is beautiful, that car is beautiful...I just can't understand why you put shiny things with dull things. It just doesn't flow IN MY OPINION.
It's called contrast It makes the pieces stand out a bit more.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #25
Pazzo009
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisesoul View Post
It's called contrast It makes the pieces stand out a bit more.
Ohh really. Thank you. In that case, I guess I'll paint my mirrors pink and my spoiler orange and no one should ever say that they don't like it cause it's apparent that it is considered socially unacceptable and demeaning to express distaste on this forum.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 03:36 PM   #26
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Quote:
Ohh really. Thank you. In that case, I guess I'll paint my mirrors pink and my spoiler orange and no one should ever say that they don't like it cause it's apparent that it is considered socially unacceptable and demeaning to express distaste on this forum.
Don't take it to heart pal You get worked up when people respond to you. Anyways, carry on.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #27
SANguru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: i8, X5 50,M550i,Tesla, MP4-12c

Quote:
that would be amusing. You should do it except you should paint it turd color and put some chrome on it.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #28
Pazzo009
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANguru View Post
that would be amusing. You should do it except you should paint it turd color and put some chrome on it.
I was thinking "dog pecker pink"

I'm not worked up, just annoyed that a few have attacked me just because I was being candid about my opinion. I was not lewd or disrespectful. That would be a different story.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 05:37 PM   #29
MJones3
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: RWD

Quote:
Wow man. I'm sorry. Maybe a poor choice in words but it was an attempt of humor to express my opinion of disdain for bad choices in mods. This was posted by an administrator so I presumed hat either he found these pics or he personally took them. I was under the assumption that the actual owner did not post this because if so I wouldn't have expressed my opinion in the fashion I did.

As for my knowledge of the car... I do have some, I own one. As for the owner I don't, but I know he has a nice car that needs some.

Did I hurt your feelings or something?
I know that you own an M5, I was talking about this specific car but nevermind. You didn't hurt my feelings, don't worry .

I guess I'm just used to M5 forum members/owners being a bit more mature than on a lot of the other car forums, but maybe that went away with the original m5board.com

I also had (5min prior to reading your post) a pretty heated discussion about 9/11 with a couple of complete idiots so I was a bit irritated when I logged on.

I'm sorry if I came on to strong, I should've kept my mouth/keyboard shut.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 05:41 PM   #30
MJones3
Captain
Sweden
Rep

The best thing about all of this is that I don't like mismatched front/side grills either..
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 12:25 AM   #31
Pazzo009
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlaatan View Post
The best thing about all of this is that I don't like mismatched front/side grills either..
Well bravo, we finally agree on something.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 09:32 AM   #32
Scott_in_FL
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 Nissan GTR

Not my cup of tea either. Seems like the blue is just waaay too saturated a color in the frozen treatment.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 10:10 AM   #33
MJones3
Captain
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Well bravo, we finally agree on something.
The thing is that we don't know if the owner likes the car as it is or if he is currently reversing it back to stock or etcetc.. he could have a million reasons.

If you see a picture of a house where half of it is white and the other half is yellow, you probably think that it's being repainted. You don't go, "that house is retarded"..

I see and hear stuff like this on an almost daily basis, on forums, from friends, at work and I'm pretty fed up about people jumping to conclusions and not thinking one step further.
I took it out on you and I'm sorry about that.

Anyway! Rant over.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 02:21 PM   #34
c4rter4
Rep
Drives: 2014 Blue / Black / Carbon

Quote:
This car pisses me off. It's retarded. You got this awesome rare frozen color and put GLOSS(?)front grills, but you don't do the side grills? But he also found the time to do the rims black but neglected the orange reflectors and side grills. This car should be taken away from him.
Could not agree more. Go Big or go home!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 02:31 PM   #35
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 458SPY, GT3RS on the way

The thread is from 2012 ........possibly mods in progress
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 02:34 PM   #36
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

looks great

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 03:25 PM   #37
bigfra
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 991s , M5 Comp pack

I like it mate, enjoy
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 09:27 PM   #38
avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 Individual M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpdp
am I correct when saying frozen blue is not the correct color? looks like frozen mcb to me

http://blog.cleantuning.com/wp-conte...Edition-01.jpg

here is frozen blue looks a lot darker
Frozen blue is based on MCB. Like frozen black is based on SB, frozen grey is based on SG, and frozen white is based on BW.

Frozen Blue is the correct BMW paintwork name for that car. There is also a Frozen Dark Blue (which I believe is based on DSB).
      04-28-2014, 10:35 AM   #39
Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP Dinan Stage 2

Garage List
Great color and good looking car. Kudos to the owner.
      04-28-2014, 10:50 AM   #40
///SAL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 ///M5 ZCP

Nice car, dont like the color but do like the wheels.
Appreciate 0