M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

10-08-2015, 09:50 AM   #1
frisky
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 ///M5 Individual

Quick Questions about ED

Leaving for the airport in a bit for my flight to Munich...Delivery on saturday! // A couple of questions for the ED experts here:

1. How many USB ports are in the car? Will I be able to listen to my choons via my iPhone hooked into the car's USB port. I ask because apparently they'll stick a USB stick into one of the ports for the Navi. If I hook up tether my iPhone into the port, will it fry the navi stuff? I guess I could always use bluetooth as a backup.
2. Right after delivery, will I be able to use the front valet spots to park and apply some frozen paint protection stuff (as detailed here in this thread)?
3. For folks that have done ED with a frozen paint car: Anything special I should do at the final wash pre-drop off?

Thanks!
f.
2016 ///M5 Individual | Frozen Cashmere Silver Metallic | Amaro Brown Full Leather w/ Custom Special Order White Contrast Stitching | Piano Black Trim | Custom Headliner | Competition Package w/ 601M wheels | Executive Package | Drivers Assistance Package | Bang & Olufsen |
European Delivery: October 10 2015 [Pictures here]
@friskygeek
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 12:24 PM   #2
Thor2j
Private
Rep
Drives: M5

Garage List
2015 M5  [0.00]
As to the first one. You will need to bkuetooth it.usb is taken up with flash for maps. They will synch your phone as part of the briefing on your car.
Appreciate 1
      10-08-2015, 03:23 PM   #3
Poleposition
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
United_States
Rep
Drives: very well

I just picked up a frozen gray M5 this past week in Munich. I didnt take any of these precautions you speak of. Either ignorance or just carelessness but I put 740kms on the car and took it to the BMW service center in the airport before dropping at Loginout. They put it thru their autowash. I had zero issues with the paint care. Car looked as good as it did on the floor of the Welt. I dont plan to be OCD with this paint. It will take all the fun out of it. Its not as delicate as you are led to believe. I got a whole tutorial on the paint at the M studio. Definitely put me at ease. I was slightly concerned about the care and maintenance but the guys at M studio ALL drive frozen cars and put them thru autowashes and they all looked pretty damn good to me. Curious as to your experience with the Swissvax products. And you wont be the first guy to take delivery and wax his car at the welt. Id suggest using the parking garage underneath so as not to draw too much attention to yourself.

All the best and enjoy your trip. This was my 3rd ED. Its the ONLY way to get a new BMW.
2024 i4 M50 on order

IG @purpleM5Comp_NY
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2015, 12:29 PM   #4
frisky
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 ///M5 Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poleposition View Post
I just picked up a frozen gray M5 this past week in Munich. I didnt take any of these precautions you speak of. Either ignorance or just carelessness but I put 740kms on the car and took it to the BMW service center in the airport before dropping at Loginout. They put it thru their autowash. I had zero issues with the paint care. Car looked as good as it did on the floor of the Welt. I dont plan to be OCD with this paint. It will take all the fun out of it. Its not as delicate as you are led to believe. I got a whole tutorial on the paint at the M studio. Definitely put me at ease. I was slightly concerned about the care and maintenance but the guys at M studio ALL drive frozen cars and put them thru autowashes and they all looked pretty damn good to me. Curious as to your experience with the Swissvax products. And you wont be the first guy to take delivery and wax his car at the welt. Id suggest using the parking garage underneath so as not to draw too much attention to yourself.

All the best and enjoy your trip. This was my 3rd ED. Its the ONLY way to get a new BMW.

Thanks for the tips guys. I guess I'll also find out about the paint and care for it when meet with the M studio folks as well. I do like to take care of my cars but of course to a certain extent. :-)

Cant wait until delivery day tomorrow!
f.
2016 ///M5 Individual | Frozen Cashmere Silver Metallic | Amaro Brown Full Leather w/ Custom Special Order White Contrast Stitching | Piano Black Trim | Custom Headliner | Competition Package w/ 601M wheels | Executive Package | Drivers Assistance Package | Bang & Olufsen |
European Delivery: October 10 2015 [Pictures here]
@friskygeek
Appreciate 0