M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

03-31-2015, 01:37 PM   #1
E90potentialbuyer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 / 2009 335i xDrive

2 more options...

Believe I can still change my build. There are 3 options that I didn't check - Carbon Ceramic Brakes, Rear Entertainment, and Night vision. I know for sure I will not get CCB's.

Left with thinking of Rear ent or night vision are worth it. Night vision just sounds cool. Have an almost 1 year old, so the rear ent could be useful (though we are more of books over screen time parents)

Thoughts? Also does the night vision destroy the appearance of the front grilles? Anyone have a picture of a LCI grill with night vision?

For rear ent, is the remote built into the rear center armrest or is it a separate remote. Reading reviews from 2013 or so, my takeaway is that it is a badly designed system. Any changes to it? And where is the dvd changer located - trunk, front center console or somewhere else?

Thanks
2017 Fiat 500C Abarth
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 03:07 PM   #2
Used2be
Perennial PFC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 DG/Aragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90potentialbuyer View Post
And where is the dvd changer located - trunk, front center console or somewhere else?

Thanks
I don't have night vision or rear entertainment, but the DVD player is well hidden in the glove box. You can open the glove box and not even know it's there. There is a small handle to pull on in the upper side of the box which releases the player to tilt down for disc changing. Changing discs not advised if you're trying to drive at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 06:34 PM   #3
bronch
Waiting for the sun
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240ix

I think you're over thinking things and should go with your first instincts. The idea of night vision sounds nice, but I'm not sure the application is worth the money. There are threads here talking about it that you can search. Frankly, I don't think your 1 year old is any less safe without it. As far as rear entertainment, unless you're keeping it for over 3-6 years it seems a waste for a 1-3 year old. You can always get that installed later, even with a better aftermarket system.
Attached Images

2018 M240ix- Daily driver. Still Woohoo!
Appreciate 1
      03-31-2015, 08:19 PM   #4
MCarsFan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 F10 CP

Garage List
2014 BMW F10 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90potentialbuyer View Post
Believe I can still change my build. There are 3 options that I didn't check - Carbon Ceramic Brakes, Rear Entertainment, and Night vision. I know for sure I will not get CCB's.

Left with thinking of Rear ent or night vision are worth it. Night vision just sounds cool. Have an almost 1 year old, so the rear ent could be useful (though we are more of books over screen time parents)

Thoughts? Also does the night vision destroy the appearance of the front grilles? Anyone have a picture of a LCI grill with night vision?

For rear ent, is the remote built into the rear center armrest or is it a separate remote. Reading reviews from 2013 or so, my takeaway is that it is a badly designed system. Any changes to it? And where is the dvd changer located - trunk, front center console or somewhere else?

Thanks
Have night vision, it's cool but honestly not worth it for the money IMO. I think an iPad will keep your kid happy in the long run. Wish I had got CCB. No cleaning off of break dust of the rims would have been a bonus, better braking and as for the slight squeaking noise you get when the brake pads aren't given a good hard braking..slightly irritating.

Last edited by MCarsFan; 04-14-2015 at 08:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 05:38 PM   #5
E90potentialbuyer
Captain
United_States
Rep

Thanks guys. I decided not to get the options. Decided the kid is better of with books and just talking with us in the car.

For the night vision - the grill looks ugly with it. Not going for it. Bronch - thanks for posting the pics of the grille with night vision. That was the deciding factor for me.
2017 Fiat 500C Abarth
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 04:39 AM   #6
variable229
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used2be View Post
I don't have night vision or rear entertainment, but the DVD player is well hidden in the glove box. You can open the glove box and not even know it's there. There is a small handle to pull on in the upper side of the box which releases the player to tilt down for disc changing. Changing discs not advised if you're trying to drive at the same time.
I have 2015 with night vision + rear entertainment. There is no DVD changer on the LCI models. They opted to have a larger internal HDD for storing multiple music. I can play right off a USB stick for multiple videos.

Night vision is fairly useful if you live in an area that has zero to little light. It will alert you with pedestrians and animals crossing the road.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2015, 08:23 AM   #7
Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP Dinan Stage 2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by variable229
Quote:
I have 2015 with night vision + rear entertainment. There is no DVD changer on the LCI models. They opted to have a larger internal HDD for storing multiple music. I can play right off a USB stick for multiple videos.

Night vision is fairly useful if you live in an area that has zero to little light. It will alert you with pedestrians and animals crossing the road.
I have an lci with a DVD player. It's well hidden in the glove box.

First off I love the ccb, sure you don't want them =p.

Don't waist money on the night vision unless you want every option just because.. I have it and use it to detect deer and people walking dogs on the street but it's a bit slower then I would like.

If you have kids rear ent is a must if you don't have young ones then skip it.

Good luck.
      04-14-2015, 08:12 PM   #8
E90potentialbuyer
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinny02
Quote:
Originally Posted by variable229
Quote:

I have an lci with a DVD player. It's well hidden in the glove box.

First off I love the ccb, sure you don't want them =p.

Don't waist money on the night vision unless you want every option just because.. I have it and use it to detect deer and people walking dogs on the street but it's a bit slower then I would like.

If you have kids rear ent is a must if you don't have young ones then skip it.

Good luck.
Thanks Spinny. Decided not to get those 2 options or CCB. I'm sure CCB's are good but for my daily use, probably an overkill. I do like the no brake dust aspect of them.

Just signed my ED paperwork today.
2017 Fiat 500C Abarth
Appreciate 0