04-30-2015, 05:57 AM   #1
walshyy
Axemeister
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Monte Carlo F10 M5

Rear View Mirrow / Coding from V12

Hey guys...

Couple of things which are starting to Irk me a little! I have an F10 2015 M5.

My rear view mirror will not tilt / dip as in most other cars. Is it supposed to have this function? The clear plastic thing underneath which looks like a kind of adjuster, is solid and will not move / rotate? My wife has a similar one in her X1 and that makes the mirror tilt down so you can see the passengers in the rear. Maybe mine is faulty? Seems odd.

Second gripe....i've noticed that when it's raining or has been raining and the car is wet, when I open the boot (trunk for you yankess lol) some water drips into the boot. Bad design if this is the case. It's nothing major but my suit jacket was splashed yesterday and made me lol

Apart from these 2 little niggles, I bloody well LOVE this car!!!

2 more things....

Driving the other day on the motorway, I passed a guy in a brand new M ( very nice) and as I passed him ( obviously lol) he gave me the thumbs up as to which I replied by flashing my hazards and then he flashed his lights. Made me smile.....it's great to know we are part of this 'special club' and other owners are respectful

Last but not least.....I had my car coded by V12 a few weeks ago and just wanted to say what an awesome guy he is. Rich and I spent may hours on the phone discussing options etc and his attention to detail and the way he operates is second to none. If you are considering having your car coded, Rich is definitely the guy to see to it.

Rich, if you see this....thanks again matey and speak soon to complete the rest of the work.

Walshy
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2015, 06:20 AM   #2
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

The rearview mirror in the M5 does not tilt. Instead there is a light sensor in it that will tell when it's too bright and the mirror will automatically dim. The same goes for the side view mirrors, although they react kind of slow sometimes, but they do work.

I can also vouch for V12. He is the best!

Unfortunately due to a small fracas he is no longer on the forum. He might be back one day. It doesn't mean that he's not out there doing good work though.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Last edited by RPiM5; 04-30-2015 at 09:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2015, 07:44 AM   #3
walshyy
Axemeister
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Monte Carlo F10 M5

Hey RP, thanks so much for the reply!!
Well, I'd best stop trying to force the plastic underneath then before I break it lol

Regarding your volume bar, why was that? is this something that has only just been implemented in newer models? How very strange?

How's Mika now btw? All fine and back to norml after being vandalised sometime ago? Sorry to hear about that....hopefully the little scrotes who did it have had bad karma hit back...

Thanks again buddy

Walshy
Appreciate 0