M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

09-23-2010, 01:45 PM   #243
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
GSP came thru w/ his strategy and coaching this last episode, glad that punk ass dude tapped out after saying he would just go to sleep and never tap, yea right....
Yeah that's funny. But blood chokes come on really quickly and are scary. Everyone's a tough guy until they start slipping into unconsciousness.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2010, 02:25 PM   #244
headlee103
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335xi

Garage List
2007 328xi  [10.00]
Quote:
GSP came thru w/ his strategy and coaching this last episode, glad that punk ass dude tapped out after saying he would just go to sleep and never tap, yea right....
Yeah the guy that lost was a punk... he just thought he was soo good that he could smoke and drink and still compete on that high of a level, but its not gonna happen!

I have to say that Koscheck definitely got played!! haha it was actually pretty funny. Now of course Im biased cause Im friends with Koscheck, but I think his coaching strategy is much better than GSPs. GSP says hes not selfish, but he isnt even tryin to coach his own guys!! He just wants to get workouts in for himself. On the other hand Koscheck is makin sure that his guys arent slackin off and puttin them through hell so that they are ready to fight... and win. We'll see though, GSP got the first win.

2007 AW 328xi
SOLD
19" Gunmetal Forgestar F14's / H & R Sport Springs / OEM Aero Lip & Rear Bumper / RD-V2 Angel Eyes / AFE CAI / BMS PBX
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2010, 02:56 PM   #245
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by headlee103 View Post
Yeah the guy that lost was a punk... he just thought he was soo good that he could smoke and drink and still compete on that high of a level, but its not gonna happen!

I have to say that Koscheck definitely got played!! haha it was actually pretty funny. Now of course Im biased cause Im friends with Koscheck, but I think his coaching strategy is much better than GSPs. GSP says hes not selfish, but he isnt even tryin to coach his own guys!! He just wants to get workouts in for himself. On the other hand Koscheck is makin sure that his guys arent slackin off and puttin them through hell so that they are ready to fight... and win. We'll see though, GSP got the first win.
I agree but at least he admits he isnt a coach and prefers to be a sparring partner to these guys and let his coaches (real coaches) take care of that.

I could belive Koscheck fell for it, I thought no way is GSP getting away w/ it.

I do like Koscheck intensity, like to see how it plays out since last season Ortiz got crap from some of his fighter for doing the same thing
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2010, 02:59 PM   #246
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:

Yeah you're way biased orWAY off base.
(edit: and to or)
GSP has two of the best coaches in his camp. John Danaher and Greg Jackson. You let them coach in the fights. GSP isn't looking for workouts for himself, that's either a really biased viewpoint or you know nothing about training. When a fighter or trainer rolls with a fighter, he finds out what their weaknesses are. Since they are only in TUF for about 6 weeks, you can't change their whole game. You find out what their weaknesses/strengths are and you tweak the details. The minor details to starting or finishing a move/transition are really important at this level.

Nam Phan said himself that Koscheck is a really down to earth guy and don't believe what the media portrays, so I understand that.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics

Last edited by OC Guy; 09-23-2010 at 04:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2010, 03:45 PM   #247
headlee103
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2007 328xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
Yeah you're way biased and WAY off base.

GSP has two of the best coaches in his camp. John Danaher and Greg Jackson. You let them coach in the fights. GSP isn't looking for workouts for himself, that's either a really biased viewpoint or you know nothing about training. When a fighter or trainer rolls with a fighter, he finds out what their weaknesses are. Since they are only in TUF for about 6 weeks, you can't change their whole game. You find out what their weaknesses/strengths are and you tweak the details. The minor details to starting or finishing a move/transition are really important at this level.

Nam Phan said himself that Koscheck is a really down to earth guy and don't believe what the media portrays, so I understand that.
Well I do happen to know alittle bit about training, and probably a tad more than just about anyone on this board so I do have a slight idea what's goin on. I do agree with you that the fighters can learn a great deal from rolling with GSP and that's at any level. The feels, and different looks you get from superior athletes like GSP or Koscheck are second to none. And yes I know they both have great coaches to accompany them, butits TV that's pretty much my only point. I'm pretty sure that the UFC hired GSP to be the head coach and actually talk... not just leave it to assistants.

All of the fighters I'm sure got 10x better in thr 6 weeks that they were there. Just a slight coaching difference I pointed out that's all

2007 AW 328xi
SOLD
19" Gunmetal Forgestar F14's / H & R Sport Springs / OEM Aero Lip & Rear Bumper / RD-V2 Angel Eyes / AFE CAI / BMS PBX
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2010, 03:52 PM   #248
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Well I do happen to know alittle bit about training, and probably a tad more than just about anyone on this board so I do have a slight idea what's goin on. I do agree with you that the fighters can learn a great deal from rolling with GSP and that's at any level. The feels, and different looks you get from superior athletes like GSP or Koscheck are second to none. And yes I know they both have great coaches to accompany them, butits TV that's pretty much my only point. I'm pretty sure that the UFC hired GSP to be the head coach and actually talk... not just leave it to assistants.

All of the fighters I'm sure got 10x better in thr 6 weeks that they were there. Just a slight coaching difference I pointed out that's all
Cool man, do you fight? Or what's your background? Not trying to whip them out and compare here but I know quite a few fighters myself (one of my friends and former wrestling teammates is a pro fighter/teacher) and I train, just not on the professional level.

My point is, I think GSP can assist them better by rolling with them and giving them pointers and letting his staff that is better equipped to manage during a fight than them trying to understand what he is saying from 10 feet away. I do not think it is fair to say GSP does not care or is only looking for sparring partners at this point.

Even Dave Camarillo (who is a great trainer) said John Danaher is a better teacher than he is. That's saying a lot.

Let's play devil's advocate here, if you were on Koscheck's team, who would you rather have throw you advice, Kos himself or Greg Jackson (assuming they are on the same team)?

Appreciate 0
      09-23-2010, 03:52 PM   #249
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Lentz had a piss poor attitude before the fight, all that shit about "I'm going to hurt him," yadda yadda. What kind of "professional" athlete says stuff like that to begin with?

I'm glad he lost.
      09-23-2010, 03:53 PM   #250
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB 33ZERO

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Yeah you're way biased and WAY off base.

You seem to know a thing or two about training and sparring, matter of fact I agree with you on many of the points you have made, however, if you had any idea who you were talking to, and what he does, you may not have said any of these statements.

Just a header!

I must edit: any of the statements questioning Drew's knowledge on the subject at hand.
      09-23-2010, 03:58 PM   #251
SpmnE9zero
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Yeah that's funny. But blood chokes come on really quickly and are scary. Everyone's a tough guy until they start slipping into unconsciousness.
very true statements right here.
      09-23-2010, 04:01 PM   #252
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpmnE9zero View Post
You seem to know a thing or two about training and sparring, matter of fact I agree with you on many of the points you have made, however, if you had any idea who you were talking to, and what he does, you may not have said any of these statements.

Just a header!

I must edit: any of the statements questioning Drew's knowledge on the subject at hand.
Well I did give myself a little disclaimer/out by saying either he does not know what training is OR is biased, the latter which he said himself.

edit: I noticed I said biased and off base, I honestly meant OR. It makes more sense anyways.

Appreciate 0
      09-23-2010, 04:21 PM   #253
headlee103
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2007 328xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Cool man, do you fight? Or what's your background? Not trying to whip them out and compare here but I know quite a few fighters myself (one of my friends and former wrestling teammates is a pro fighter/teacher) and I train, just not on the professional level.

My point is, I think GSP can assist them better by rolling with them and giving them pointers and letting his staff that is better equipped to manage during a fight than them trying to understand what he is saying from 10 feet away. I do not think it is fair to say GSP does not care or is only looking for sparring partners at this point.

Even Dave Camarillo (who is a great trainer) said John Danaher is a better teacher than he is. That's saying a lot.

Let's play devil's advocate here, if you were on Koscheck's team, who would you rather have throw you advice, Kos himself or Greg Jackson (assuming they are on the same team)?
Exactly, I'm not tryin to say I'm better than anyone but I've been wrestling since I was 5, and went to the same school as koscheck. Currently ranked 4th on the olympic ladder for freestyle, so I do train a good bit with the best guys in the world.

2007 AW 328xi
SOLD
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2010, 04:30 PM   #254
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
^ Ah, we agree then.

Koscheck is a great Wrestler. I think he'll do much better this time around. I don't dislike him because of his MMA persona like most people. I tend to favor Wrestlers as I wrestled in HS myself.

So are you training for the 2012 Olympics?

Appreciate 0
      09-23-2010, 05:07 PM   #255
headlee103
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2007 328xi  [10.00]
Quote:
^ Ah, we agree then.

Koscheck is a great Wrestler. I think he'll do much better this time around. I don't dislike him because of his MMA persona like most people. I tend to favor Wrestlers as I wrestled in HS myself.

So are you training for the 2012 Olympics?
Koscheck will admit he is a cocky guy, but he definitely talks alittle extra when it comes to interviews now for the entertainment side. But he is a good guy, a probably trains harder than anyone, he is a freak!!

Yeahi am training for the 2012 Olympics, I still have a long way to go to make the team but hopefully I make it happen.

2007 AW 328xi
SOLD
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2010, 09:14 PM   #256
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Koscheck is a cocky fucker but honestly its part of the reason I like him and he backs it up too. I still think GSP will pull off the win but it will be a lot closer than the last but if GSP slips its over.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2010, 11:18 AM   #257
headlee103
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2007 328xi  [10.00]
Who do you guys like this weekend?

Some of these are just wishful thinking probably but ill take

Cro Cop
Bader
Lytle
Dunham
Guillard
Dollaway

2007 AW 328xi
SOLD
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2010, 11:20 AM   #258
Alpine335TT
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 M-Sport 335i

Quote:

Cro Cop
Bader
Lytle
Dunham
Guillard
Dollaway
I'm going for Mir over Cro Cop. Cro Cop hasn't look anywhere near as good as he did since moving over to UFC.

MISCHIEF.TV
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2010, 11:50 AM   #259
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
I take Mir aswell, although I'm hoping Cro Cop pulls it off. Mir has looked unstoppable against everyone but Carvin and Lesnar. He should be faster and maybe stronger than Cro Cop but I would love to see Cro Cop knock him out w/ one of his legendary kicks

Other than that, I take:
Bader
Lytle
Dunham
Guillard
Dollaway
and Meat Head
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2010, 11:54 AM   #260
SpmnE9zero
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:

Cro Cop
Bader
Lytle
Dunham
Guillard
Dollaway
I agree with this list with exception of Cro Cop, I think Mir will beat him.

Last edited by SpmnE9zero; 09-24-2010 at 12:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2010, 11:59 AM   #261
SpmnE9zero
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
I take Mir aswell, although I'm hoping Cro Cop pulls it off. Mir has looked unstoppable against everyone but Carvin and Lesnar. He should be faster and maybe stronger than Cro Cop but I would love to see Cro Cop knock him out w/ one of his legendary kicks

Other than that, I take:
Bader
Lytle
Dunham
Guillard
Dollaway
and Meat Head
Mir needs to stay at a lighter weight as he performs better this way, in both of his fights against Lesnar and Carwin he weighed in at like 280 or something, your agility goes way down at those weights, IF you are not used to carrying that weight around all the time. Lesnar and Carwin train at those weights and are used to carrying it around as they are naturally BIG heavy weights, Mir is not. Big difference.

Mir, at lighter weights, fighting people in his realm, is a great fighter. He finishes fights, I can not stand HIM, but he can fight.
      09-24-2010, 12:28 PM   #262
headlee103
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2007 328xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Mir needs to stay at a lighter weight as he performs better this way, in both of his fights against Lesnar and Carwin he weighed in at like 280 or something, your agility goes way down at those weights, IF you are not used to carrying that weight around all the time. Lesnar and Carwin train at those weights and are used to carrying it around as they are naturally BIG heavy weights, Mir is not. Big difference.

Mir, at lighter weights, fighting people in his realm, is a great fighter. He finishes fights, I can not stand HIM, but he can fight.
Definitely true! I watched the countdown show the other night, and Mir said he is done trying to be as big as he can. He didnt feel as though the extra weight helped much in his strength, and it definitely hindered his speed. Sounded like his training was solid, and feels like he should be on top of his game.

I wont neccisarily be pulling for either guy to win, I just think it would be sweet to see Cro Cop come out with one of his nasty head kicks for old times sake! haha

2007 AW 328xi
SOLD
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2010, 12:32 PM   #263
SpmnE9zero
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Definitely true! I watched the countdown show the other night, and Mir said he is done trying to be as big as he can. He didnt feel as though the extra weight helped much in his strength, and it definitely hindered his speed. Sounded like his training was solid, and feels like he should be on top of his game.

I wont neccisarily be pulling for either guy to win, I just think it would be sweet to see Cro Cop come out with one of his nasty head kicks for old times sake! haha
no doubt! that thing comes on quicker than some can punch!
Either way it will be a great fight! Someone is either gonna have lights out, or a sore limb, no decision come the end of this one!
      09-24-2010, 02:01 PM   #264
Alpine335TT
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 M-Sport 335i

Quote:
no doubt! that thing comes on quicker than some can punch!
Either way it will be a great fight! Someone is either gonna have lights out, or a sore limb, no decision come the end of this one!
I agree.. regardless of the outcome, this fight is getting finished!

MISCHIEF.TV
Appreciate 0