M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

08-09-2010, 11:04 AM   #155
lambtron
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
http://www.iviewtube.com/videos/1637...17-fight-video

Last round of the fight. You can see Anderson has wrist control for well over 30 seconds with Chael never attempting to break his wrist free (which would be quite easy). Anderson controls his posture and throws a few strikes, Chael reacts, and Anderson throws his long ass legs over and adjusts his shin to lock in the triangle.
Chael got complacent at the end it seems. I'm sure he felt like he had that one in the bag - throughout the rest of the fight (rounds 1-4) if Anderson got a hold of his right wrist like that Chael would break free almost instantly. He probably didn't expect Silva to have the strength left in him to pull off a triangle.
      08-09-2010, 11:06 AM   #156
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Shows he lacks mental focus if he keeps getting submitted over and over. I mean wrist control is white belt level stuff. Posture control + wrist control = triangle or armbar. I guess he was trying to avoid getting hit by more elbows but good posture would have been better. It looks like at the 3:00 minute mark Anderson uses his hips/legs to break his posture and at the same time Anderson postured up and used his own momentum to bring him down. Right after this he puts his right foot on Chael's hip and sinks in the triangle. Which he setup perfectly with the elbow strikes.

I have to rewatch the entire fight again. Anderson was setting that up the entire fight though IIRC.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics

Last edited by OC Guy; 08-09-2010 at 11:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 11:24 AM   #157
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
and sorry, that pic was linked to me but I found out it was from the Marquardt fight. Here's a pic from last night:

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 12:06 PM   #158
lambtron
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red E90 335i

Quote:
and sorry, that pic was linked to me but I found out it was from the Marquardt fight. Here's a pic from last night:
that gash above his eye was pretty gnarly.
      08-09-2010, 12:25 PM   #159
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
i know what you guys are saying about Bones Jones being a LHW, but he doesnt cut a lot of weight to make 205, so it shouldnt be too hard for him to move down.

maybe im just dreaming cause that would be an incredible fight
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 01:09 PM   #160
Daniel135i
Banned
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i 6M, AW, CR, MSPORT

Garage List
2011 135i  [10.00]
2005 SRT-4  [7.00]
Quote:

Demian Maia Submission (Triangle Choke)
Paulo Filho Submission (Armbar)
Jeremy Horn Submission (Armbar)
Renato Sobral Submission (Triangle Choke)
Jeremy Horn Submission (Guillotine Choke)
Keiichiro Yamamiya Decision (Majority)
Jeremy Horn TKO (Cut)
Scott Shipman Submission (Choke)
Forrest Griffin Submission (Triangle Choke)

As you can see he's been getting subbed his whole career.

Well, lets see here, hes a wrestler... wrestlers get submitted more than ko because they are in the positions to get submitted, they arent going to get submitted standing and throwing are they?

Matt Hughes must suck and have no mental focus because most of his fights he lost were submissions as well eh? And pretty much all other wrestlers I assume you think suck becasue they often times get more submission losses over Ko. Bogus reasoning...
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 01:20 PM   #161
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel135i View Post
Well, lets see here, hes a wrestler... wrestlers get submitted more than ko because they are in the positions to get submitted, they arent going to get submitted standing and throwing are they?

Matt Hughes must suck and have no mental focus because most of his fights he lost were submissions as well eh? And pretty much all other wrestlers I assume you think suck becasue they often times get more submission losses over Ko. Bogus reasoning...
I wish you could argue this using better reason because "he's a wrestler." Let me spell it out for you a bit more clearly. He lacks mental focus because he gets submitted by the same move over and over making basic, low level white belt mistakes (see: wrist control). Matt Hughes has much better sub defense than Chael. I'm a big Hughes fan. Matt has lost 1 more match by sub rather than by anything else. When you look at Chael's record, it's primarily due to subs.

Look, Sonnen has lost to all top-level fighters other than Nate Marquardt. Nate almost had him in a guillotine.

For what it's worth, I respect Wrestlers dearly as I wrestled for several years. I respect Sonnen's wrestling abilities but he clearly needs to work on his ground game. Wrist control for 30 seconds? Poor posture? Leaving his arms out there all day long? Willing to fight in a Black Belt's guard instead of passing?

If you are going to try to argue, try to bring it a little bit better than trying equate anecdotal evidence comparing Matt Hughes to Sonnen and calling someone's opinion bogus.

Just curious do you have any grappling experience?

Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 01:39 PM   #162
Hedges
Major General
Rep
Drives: 12 C63 AMG

Me and Chuck Liddell are close buds because he has a Sony HD 53" and I also have a Sony HD 53" in my basement! You foos are jealous!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 02:55 PM   #163
Daniel135i
Banned
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i 6M, AW, CR, MSPORT

Garage List
2011 135i  [10.00]
2005 SRT-4  [7.00]
Why are you trying to twist this into what I have or have not done, or are you that hung up on my life? I dont give two shits if you wrestled or not, I didnt ask, I dont care.

My point is valid, the fucking guy went 5 rounds going all out without a moment of idleness, shit, id like to see you do one round against Silva and not get tired, but let me guess, your going to tell us your wrestling in school, and the fact you met a fighter makes it so you could???

Your point was that hes lost to mostly submissions, my response was valid, and my example as well. While Hughes is a wrestler, he likes to bang, and he got caught 3-7 times with a ko, the wrest, submission. Most wrestlers who like to be on the ground are going to have more submission losses than KO numb nuts. Chael, hes a ground game guy and takes it there every time. No room to look elsewhere pal.

I dont even know why were discussing this, Im not even a fan of Chaels. I guess its that you have to make him look worse and not worthy because I called your precious a Bitch lol. Keep talking down the guy who handed Silva his ass though, the next time Silva fights, whoever it is, hes going on his ass again and its gona be a repeat. And I hope he has more punching power than Chael because if so, Silvas going to sleep, hell Chael dropped him with a weak sauz slap. The best wrestler in the world couldn't teach Silva enough to get his grappling in shape in time.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 03:12 PM   #164
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Why are you trying to twist this into what I have or have not done, or are you that hung up on my life? I dont give two shits if you wrestled or not, I didnt ask, I dont care.

My point is valid, the fucking guy went 5 rounds going all out without a moment of idleness, shit, id like to see you do one round against Silva and not get tired, but let me guess, your going to tell us your wrestling in school, and the fact you met a fighter makes it so you could???

Your point was that hes lost to mostly submissions, my response was valid, and my example as well. While Hughes is a wrestler, he likes to bang, and he got caught 3-7 times with a ko, the wrest, submission. Most wrestlers who like to be on the ground are going to have more submission losses than KO numb nuts. Chael, hes a ground game guy and takes it there every time. No room to look elsewhere pal.

I dont even know why were discussing this, Im not even a fan of Chaels. I guess its that you have to make him look worse and not worthy because I called your precious a Bitch lol. Keep talking down the guy who handed Silva his ass though, the next time Silva fights, whoever it is, hes going on his ass again and its gona be a repeat. And I hope he has more punching power than Chael because if so, Silvas going to sleep, hell Chael dropped him with a weak sauz slap. The best wrestler in the world couldn't teach Silva enough to get his grappling in shape in time.
You have some issues man. My point was I don't have anything against Chael. I respect him as a fighter. Did I ever say I could go all 5 rounds? Where are you coming up with this shit man? You need some Ritalin or something dude. Calm the fuck down. I was merely pointing out I was a Wrestler since Sonnen was a Wrestler. Therefore as a fellow Wrestler, I respect him. I wasn't talking down on him like you stated. Stop making up shit because you don't know how to discuss things intelligently. LOL

Address the facts, instead of making up things and attacking me personally. I am over my quarrel with you man. Do you want to discuss things or just ethug all day long?

Wrist control for 30 seconds? Poor posture? Leaving his arms out there all day long? Willing to fight in a Black Belt's guard instead of passing?

Anderson Silva is not even close to being my favorite fighter. I just respect the guy (as well as all fighters).

How am I talking Chael down? LOL.

I don't see why you can't debate without getting all personal. I was asking if you had any grappling experience because you clearly don't know what you are talking about when you say he was countering or stopping sub attempts when there weren't many at all. Let's see, you don't have experience grappling in Wrestling or BJJ yet you automatically assume you know what you are talking about from watching a few UFCs. Yep, I've seen this before.

Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 03:23 PM   #165
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
^why do you even bother man, im not gonna let it ruin what had been a great thread for months
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 06:44 PM   #166
Hedges
Major General
Rep
Drives: 12 C63 AMG

Lets just stop the bickering guys! We need a octagon so we can fight it out..... to prove their claim of being they are the king of the 'OFFICIAL UFC CHAT THREAD' OF THE WORLD!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 07:45 PM   #167
Caddyshk
M = Midlife Crisis
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MC Interlagos

SS Race Cans, RE X Pipe, DKF Sec 1, Fabspeed Headers, OE STB, AS Shifter, Dave Z CDV, GC Coil Overs, Stoptech lines, Hawk DTC Pads, RE Clutch Stop, RE Transmission Mounts, Vibra-Technics Engine Mounts, Poly FCAB & RTAB, LeatherZ M Shift Boot, Tekarbon Rear Spoiler, CF Grills, Advan RS DGM
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 09:39 PM   #168
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
^why do you even bother man, im not gonna let it ruin what had been a great thread for months

Well I attempted to be amicable; you guys are right though.

Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 12:44 AM   #169
lacerdaschoon
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Now onto this fantastic card, i have to say what a great night of fights. From Struves ko, big country taking all that punishment(much respect) to Silvas phenomenal clutch sub in the the last 2minutes of a fight he was getting dominated in.

Sonnen did a great job he backed up all his smack talk and was able to use his superior wrestling skills and takedowns to control Silva and fight his game. As OC pointed out he has a horror history of getting subbed. That gif u put up of Silva in Half guard getting reversed was when i realized theres something wrong. I mean Silva is a tough guy and past that ive never seen Sonnen reverse anybody from that position period.

Sonnen had 23minutes of GnP but his face was more busted up from Silvas 30seconds of stand up. I was in complete shock when Silva got rocked in the first rd and looked as though he could have been finished on the ground. From 2nd rd onwards i knew Sonnen wouldnt finish him, 0 sub skill, he doesnt finish many guys with his GnP,he is relentless pushes a fast pace but unfortunately for him doesnt really have the ko power.

That triangle/arm bar vid you posted is fantastic, those guys break it down perfectly. Personaly id like to see Silva fight Belfort next. If Sonnen can win his next two fights a rematch would be well deserved.

Silva was exposed, Sonnen got to fight the fight HE wanted for 5 rounds and was still unable to win but you have to give credit to any man who can get a beat down for 23minutes and pull off a submission in the last 2minutes to win a tittle fight. Absolute legend and as Dana White said this was a defining moment in the legacy of Anderson Silva

Last edited by southlight; 08-10-2010 at 08:58 AM.. Reason: removed first paragraph
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 01:10 AM   #170
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Did you hear Struve's post fight? He's gotta be careful, he takes a lot of damage. Guy is going to have brain damage at the rate he's going. What a come back though. He looked like he was a boy (albiet a 6'10 one) against a boy getting rag dolled like that.

I don't think Sonnen has finished anyone since 2007.

Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 04:20 AM   #171
lacerdaschoon
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Heres some stats- Out of 8 UFC fights in his career he has won 4, all of which were won by decision. He has had 4 WEC fights and never finished anyone there either (sub/tko/ko) To his defence he has improved vastly as before the Silva fight he was 12-2in his MMA career. I guess thats always going to be his problem if u cant finish a fight your always leaving yourself out there to get subbed or ko'd. In his case subs are deffinately his weakness he has a great chin.

I cant wait for Couture Toney, be interesting to see how that plays out... well in a sense of what will happen before Couture gets a clinch or takedown. I think its wrap once he gets the takedown or clinch for that matter.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 05:35 AM   #172
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

I'm not sure if it has been said before already but I love the irony that Chael said at the Q&A that having a black belt in BJJ under the Nogeuria bro's is like getting a free toy in your happy meal and it was Silva's triangle choke that made him tap and get him the Win in the dying minutes.

I just watched the fight again, it was easier to watch the 2nd time as I know Silva wins I felt that although Sonnen did some damage with some good shots early on but he was never going to finish Silva with his G&P. He really wasn't doing enough damage and in the later rounds it was more about controlling the fight and maintaining top position.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 07:17 AM   #173
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacerdaschoon View Post
I cant wait for Couture Toney, be interesting to see how that plays out... well in a sense of what will happen before Couture gets a clinch or takedown. I think its wrap once he gets the takedown or clinch for that matter.
I know man, thats gonna be awesome. I hope Randy throws him a beating
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 01:46 PM   #174
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Quote:

CHAEL SONNEN is the Mutha Fuggin KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /topic
Quote:
I dont even know why were discussing this, Im not even a fan of Chaels.
You sure should like a fan/fanboi to me
      08-11-2010, 07:18 AM   #175
Dan135i
Banned
Rep
Drives: Vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
You sure should like a fan/fanboi to me
What....

Happy he beat the shit out of Silva maybee,...
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2010, 07:51 PM   #176
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan135i View Post
What....

Happy he beat the shit out of Silva maybee,...
Silva did what he had to do to get the Win and that's why I take my hat off to him. I also have respect for Sonnen for backing up his words but a Win on the record and walking away with the World Championship is a sweeter sensation than coming out with bragging rights for take downs and control of the fight.

Watch the fight again and you'll see that Sonnen if anything only fatigued and controlled Silva rather than beat the shit out of him. He did manage to rock Silva on his feet but by no means did he beat the 'shit out of Silva'. Silva was still dancing around on his feet at the start of every round.

Silva busted Sonnen's face open and made him bleed. He eventually caught him in a well executed text book perfect arm triangle which made him tap like a Like I said, I respect all fighters and Sonnen is the first person to show any dominance over Anderson Silva. I think this says something about the heart of both fighters.
Appreciate 0