M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > M5 versus...

10-11-2017, 08:13 AM   #1
GladiatorOwner
Captain
Rep
Drives: 22 M4C

Bentley Supersports 10-12s

Anyone with true experiences regarding maintenance, reliability and what to look out for?

I suppose general thoughts on the 2010, 11, and 12s would help as well. There are a few around with reasonable miles tagged on them and most likely this is due to the previous owner having several cars to drive. Since these things are waaay out of warranty, gambling on reliability and breakdowns should be highly considered.

Anyway, thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2017, 10:55 AM   #2
fkim119
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17 Porsche Panamera Turbo

The weak spot is the suspension. It's the same air suspension components with different rebound rates and height settings that the regular CGT's have. You will see leakage and will need replacing depending on hard you drive around 40-50K miles. This is one of the most common problems.

Family has had/have several modern day Bentleys . Fantastic driving cars but you really pay to play.
22' Porsche Cayenne Turbo
24' Porsche GT4RS on order
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2017, 11:22 AM   #3
GladiatorOwner
Captain
Rep

Thanks

The price points are near reasonable for lightly driven cars but if the "fixes" tip the scale in a ridiculous way, I'm not convinced its a good play. I have an excellent Indy that I use that would help I suppose.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 01:36 PM   #4
SakM_5
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Panamera Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by GladiatorOwner View Post
Thanks

The price points are near reasonable for lightly driven cars but if the "fixes" tip the scale in a ridiculous way, I'm not convinced its a good play. I have an excellent Indy that I use that would help I suppose.

What are you thinking of making another switch?! lol
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 10:02 PM   #5
GladiatorOwner
Captain
Rep

Always exploring... lol

Nothing out there too exciting so the F10 M5 stays for a bit longer. Need room in the rear seat soooooo the lunar rocket stays..... for now.

Maintenance and repair cost potential most likely takes the Bentley out of the equation but never say never
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2017, 08:10 AM   #6
SakM_5
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Panamera Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by GladiatorOwner View Post
Always exploring... lol

Nothing out there too exciting so the F10 M5 stays for a bit longer. Need room in the rear seat soooooo the lunar rocket stays..... for now.

Maintenance and repair cost potential most likely takes the Bentley out of the equation but never say never
Your almost as bad as me with this. Once the excitement wears off after a few months, it's time to start exploring other ideas lol. My problem is months later I regret getting rid of a previous car. I'm really trying to hold the m5. I've lost so much money having a new car every 3-4 months and there's no reason for it. It's like I enjoy the feeling of a new car and then 3 months later, I need the feeling of something different. (over and over and over again) I'm shocked you are exploring getting rid of the m5 lol. You were looking for one for months and you said that you had to keep this one LOL! I think you'd totally get bored of a Bentley! I think a 911 Turbo would be the only car I'd get rid of the m5 for. I've contemplated getting an x5m again but what's the point? I'll just want an m5 again. haha

Not to mention, I'm sure you'd take a bath on the m5. I don't know what you paid for it but I've seen what 16's are selling for. I'm sure trade in value would be horrendous compared to what you paid 6 months ago.

Last edited by SakM_5; 10-17-2017 at 01:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2017, 08:08 PM   #7
GladiatorOwner
Captain
Rep

Agreed. Exploring doesn't mean dumping and jumping. I'm not convinced there is anything out there that would make me trade. Ha

I'm good with the M5 for now.......
Appreciate 0