M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

11-09-2014, 06:13 PM   #67
m6beast
Captain
Rep
Drives: stock m6

I understand that but do you have some track times like to see those. Your 1/4 mile is showing 11.5 with a decent 60ft. Usually the faster time the lower mph. The slower the time higher mph. Vbox is great for your personal tests but of like to see another car run the same place with similar mods to compare.
Either way I'll come visit for a run to see first hand
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 06:18 PM   #68
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6beast
I understand that but do you have some track times like to see those. Your 1/4 mile is showing 11.5 with a decent 60ft. Usually the faster time the lower mph. The slower the time higher mph. Vbox is great for your personal tests but of like to see another car run the same place with similar mods to compare.
Either way I'll come visit for a run to see first hand
It's 11.5 without a 1-foot rollout , that's not too bad on a non prepped surface with street tires.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 06:45 PM   #69
m6beast
Captain
Rep
Drives: stock m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003 View Post
It's 11.5 without a 1-foot rollout , that's not too bad on a non prepped surface with street tires.
That's really good no way my car can do that. Even with drag radials it spins all through 1st from a standstill. Problem for me is finding a road with 0 slope like you for running Vbox 60-130. My Vbox runs are used for before and after mods to compare times using same mph same gear same location from start to finish. Not trying to have the quickest time and having all the little details as you to comapre. The only way is for me to come to you run the car at same location same way.
The other thing to help compare is Dyno numbers and track times. All three will give light to the end result. Dyno by itself or any other test by itself doesn't show its true potential. That's why when I test I do it all.
Maybe you can run the guy from Columbia has my intake BMS 4.0 boost OEM cats turner muffler delete and is a non CP M5 also heavier than your car I believe. That should be a good race.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2015, 07:34 PM   #70
cjrdriven
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5

Old thread, just curious if a friendly run for comparison ever happened?
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2015, 08:08 AM   #71
Andym3100k
Captain
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC FULL HAMMAN WIDE BO

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6beast View Post
That's really good no way my car can do that. Even with drag radials it spins all through 1st from a standstill. Problem for me is finding a road with 0 slope like you for running Vbox 60-130. My Vbox runs are used for before and after mods to compare times using same mph same gear same location from start to finish. Not trying to have the quickest time and having all the little details as you to comapre. The only way is for me to come to you run the car at same location same way.
The other thing to help compare is Dyno numbers and track times. All three will give light to the end result. Dyno by itself or any other test by itself doesn't show its true potential. That's why when I test I do it all.
Maybe you can run the guy from Columbia has my intake BMS 4.0 boost OEM cats turner muffler delete and is a non CP M5 also heavier than your car I believe. That should be a good race.
Hi G, I believed u did a better numbers on the 1/4 mile right?

What was the timing & 60ft too? Mind to share?
Appreciate 0