Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

06-06-2014, 05:29 PM   #1
chrison600
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe

M5 Hidden Options?

Hi all,

We're in go mode for a 2015 M5 (previously Euro D, now local delivery). The last time we ordered a car there were unpublished options that you could select if you had inside information, mainly in regards to interior/exterior colors and trim options. Do things like that exist for the M5?

Chris
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2014, 06:36 PM   #2
avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 Individual M5

It's called BMW Individual. Outside the US it's been easily available for many years. Inside the US is recently (easily) available beginning with the F10 M5.

You are correct though.. During the E60 M5 years you pretty much had to know someone to get an Individual M5. Dealers would give you a blank stare.
For example, when I ordered my 2010 M5 I optioned my M5 over the phone and email directly with BMW M in Germany. Then they contacted my local dealer to inform them of pricing and the car was then ordered.

Today there are some dealers that are knowledgable with Individual options. Steve Thomas BMW being one of them. Most should be able to help you, but some are better than others with this.
      06-06-2014, 07:36 PM   #3
chrison600
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe

Thanks avlnch,

We'll definitely be taking advantage of the BMW Individual options. I was just wondering if there were some items that were not visible to the public, for example a paint color not offered on the BMW USA car configurator.

Chris
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 03:48 AM   #4
jmh
Internet Crash Test Dummy
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC / F80 M3 / F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrison600 View Post
Thanks avlnch,

We'll definitely be taking advantage of the BMW Individual options. I was just wondering if there were some items that were not visible to the public, for example a paint color not offered on the BMW USA car configurator.

Chris
With BMW Individual anything is possible, ultimately your wallet is the decision maker
(and for some more rare/exotic requests you may need to be a little bit more persuasive
as not every dealer may push your request equal with BMW NA (if you don't have the connections to interact directly with BMW indinvidual/M in Germany))
15 F10 M5 Individual / Brilliant White / Extended/Full Cohiba Brown (Exec/Driver/B&O/20") / A few Euro add-ons / Stealth K40 / Upgraded B&O / ///M Performance Carbon Interior Trim / IND / Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust / HRE S107
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 10:44 AM   #5
M5KRZI
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 E46 M - Retired

yup - anything is possible with M Individual - we did a tour of the M studio when I took delivery back in April. you can even have the wood trim made from the wood in your very own garden, if you'd like - its quite impressive what they can do with the right budget and time.

with my current build I am trying to avoid unwanted/unnecessary attention, so we will see how that works out for me...but I am definitely going M individual with the next build.

their team will work with you directly depending on your build and/or with your dealer. good luck!
      06-07-2014, 02:47 PM   #6
avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 Individual M5

What others have said about individual options is accurate. The sky is the limit in regards to what you want. Price is high for these options though.

If you are going to go the individual route for the interior and paint, I would recommend starting the process about 2-3 months before normal.

Depending on what individual options you order, additional lead time for production is about 8-12 weeks (for "normal" individual equipment).

If you are only getting an individual paintwork and nothing else, sometimes it requires no additional lead time and you don't need to start spec'ing the car ahead of time.

If you are going with individual interior and want full leather, be sure that Z1XX is on your order sheet.

Most important recommendation:
Keep the the language difference in mind. Once you are completely done with building your individual M5, request a build sheet and look it over carefully.