M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

06-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #45
singularity
Driver
Rep
Drives: M5 (F10)

I feel you man, those pitifully arrogant posh people who buy an ///M for status or to show off. I always wave and thumb up any M car or very old BMWs on the road for solidarity. Cheers
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 10:59 AM   #46
mwlmd
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991 TTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugent
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwlmd
Some women buy the M5 simply because they can't get that "cute red interior" in any other 5er.
and some men too, apparently.
Do you like your red interior as much as I like mine?
Hers: BMW X3MC
BSM/Black
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #47
SANguru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: i8, X5 50,M550i,Tesla, MP4-12c

Quote:
Originally Posted by chudak18 View Post
Did i spell deuche wrong? Lol. And if you think the M5 is just alright, you need to take it to the limits in a controlled environment. ie M driving school. You just don't know what you have in your possession. That's why it seams"alright".
uhh I love how you just assume... My M5's been at Laguna and Thunderhill and no I don't run in novice group... M Driving school??? really??? Try driving a formula 3 car at Infineon or a Mp4-12c or even a my F430 on Pirelli Trofeos at the track. Pretty sure I will lap you. The M5 is heavy, the steering not half as direct as any of the cars I mentioned and the brakes suck when pushed even with TC off.

BTW.. Just working on a BAC Mono build with the US distributor. Look that up. My M5 is my daily beater.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 11:27 AM   #48
Rohardi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 Q50S Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANguru View Post
uhh I love how you just assume... My M5's been at Laguna and Thunderhill and no I don't run in novice group... M Driving school??? really??? Try driving a formula 3 car at Infineon or a Mp4-12c or even a my F430 on Pirelli Trofeos at the track. Pretty sure I will lap you. The M5 is heavy, the steering not half as direct as any of the cars I mentioned and the brakes suck when pushed even with TC off.

BTW.. Just working on a BAC Mono build with the US distributor. Look that up. My M5 is my daily beater.
BAC Mono Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #49
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Quote:

Damn.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 02:38 PM   #50
UNC M5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5 Alpine While

This just happened to me today!!! I was just coming back from Cars and Coffee here in Charlotte. I have an Alpine White '13 M5 and I was the only M5 during the meet today. I am almost to my brother's house when at the convenience store next to his house, I see a replica Alpine White '13 M5. Decided to pull up in front of him while he was getting ready to exit so he would see us and maybe say Hello. The guy ignored the hell out of us and he even had to maneuver to get past me a bit. I looked right at him and nothing and he even looked away. I found that quite rude. Met plenty of nice people at Cars and Coffee however!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 02:49 PM   #51
ufgtrs2007
dentite
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4, M2C, JLU392, e92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
"M5 is my daily beater" = baller status
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 02:50 PM   #52
Danmar
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 blk/blk

i guess some people just don't don't like to talk to strangers? i wouldn't take it so personally.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 03:20 PM   #53
M54ccibo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 GT4

Quote:

BAC Mono. Dude...street legal F1 car == baller!

I've seen one in person and when asked if I could only have one car in the stable for the rest of my life money no object BAC Mono is the answer. People look at me dumbfounded...WTF is that?

Seriously - the wife and kids can take the bus

Sorry, back on topic.
'10 E60 M5, Space Gray/Black
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 03:51 PM   #54
Maddict3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 991 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
///M car owners like this are all over.

I experienced one like this also about a month ago. I was actually on my way to go get my new catless downpipes installed but I still had the RPi GTM on my M5 and it's still very loud. So I was slowly making my way through bumper to bumper traffic and low and behold I spot another Sapphire Black Metallic F10 M5 up ahead of me. His M5 looked 100% stock, not even the windows were tinted. The traffic was only moving at about 15-20mph but I managed to shuffle my way through the traffic and pulled up right next to him. I have dark tinted front windows so I roll my front window down and waited for him to see me. No luck. So I naturally throw my DCT into Neutral and proceed to give the RPi GTM exhaust a good roar. I look over at the guy and he still doesn't look over. I just wanted to give him a thumbs up or cool guy head-nod or whatever, but to no avail could I get his attention. After a few minutes of waiting for him to look over, the traffic ahead of me in my lane opens up a little bit, so that I have a some room to accelerate if I wanted to. I then hit the ///M button and floor it with the GTM ROARING behind me, thinking surely this would get his attention. I slowed back down and he catches up. Still NOTHING! LOL! I'm thinking this guy is either in LA LA land or he's intentionally giving me the cold shoulder. So I was like oh whatever dude, I roll down my window anyways and give a thumbs up with my arm fully extended out into the air flow and then pull into the next lane ahead of me and took the next exit for a shortcut out of the highway traffic. I think some people really have their head up their ass and it is like Stealth said, they are not enthusiasts just people who make a lot of money and can afford the top tier cars that car manufacturers produce, but have no real passion for the product.

Although looking back now, I wonder if that dude thought I was trying to race him in bumper to bumper traffic. LOL!

I usually will just give my exhaust a good rev whenever I see another ///M car on the road, doesn't matter what it is. Or if I see an ///M owner parked, I will go up and talk to them. One time I staked out this dude's E60 M5 just to meet him (he had some pretty good mods on his M5, that's why). The other day I saw this E64 M6 Convertable with its top down sitting at a traffic light and I made it a point to roll by him and rev my exhaust. I looked back and saw the look on his face and it was priceless (and this was with my Catless Downpipes so I basically started an earthquake)! LOL!

Hahaha you seem like a cool guy.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 04:01 PM   #55
Maddict3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 991 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
:

Post of the month!
hahah x2
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 04:26 PM   #56
ImpetuousRacer
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Tesla Model X P100D

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Perhaps he was having a bad day? We all have been there, your computer with all your files and photos crashed and you lost everything and didnt have a backup. A family member died, your wife and you are in a huge fight? Whatever it is, we all have those days where we just dont want to talk to anyone at the time. Maybe he just had one of those moments. Just playing Devil's advocate here.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 04:35 PM   #57
wrsbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ferrari 488 Spider

Garage List
This happened to me last night. My wife and I picked up my oldest son (30 years old, a typical M5 owner age but too broke to ever own one) to bring him over to the house since he was going to spend the night at our house. He has is visit with his son this weekend and that takes place at our house by court order. So on the way back home I pull up to 45th and Lamar right next to an M3 and I look over and my wife looks over and the guy just stares straight ahead. Then he looks over at the car and turns back without looking at us. He could see the M5 emblem on the side same as I could see his M3. He never waved or acknowledged us. Oh well, he was a young guy and my wife was even surprised he wouldn't look over. When I told my wife how young most of you guys are on this board, she was shocked.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 11:33 PM   #58
SANguru
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufgtrs2007 View Post
"M5 is my daily beater" = baller status
it's all relative. I have a friend who daily drives a MP4-12c and his weekend car is an Aventador among others. Have another friend who has 20+ cars in HER garage and has an Enzo. The point is people are entitled to their opinion. What makes the OP's opinion more important than others and without knowing their background is just stupid. The F10 M5 is a good car. Is it the best out there? nope.

Last edited by SANguru; 06-01-2013 at 11:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 11:49 PM   #59
SANguru
Lieutenant
Rep

Not to thread hijack but it is an amazing work of art and a tremendous car. Will be interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by M54ccibo View Post
BAC Mono. Dude...street legal F1 car == baller!

I've seen one in person and when asked if I could only have one car in the stable for the rest of my life money no object BAC Mono is the answer. People look at me dumbfounded...WTF is that?

Seriously - the wife and kids can take the bus

Sorry, back on topic.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2013, 02:24 AM   #60
Drm5
Private First Class
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 sakhir orange

Maybe they all eat Mexican food and needed to take a dump badly.... So no time to socialize , just press the M and balls out to the bathroom .
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2013, 03:17 AM   #61
v12
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10

Assuming he didn't have something serious/ heavy on his mind, his being so aloof is disappointing.

I have done a lot of cars/ met over 200 owners and only one was a DB.
All in all, I'd say, BMW are a great bunch.

Not reciprocating a nod, wave etc. is a complaint I hear from owners of other makes as well....
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2013, 04:21 AM   #62
04S
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4 xDrive, X5 40i and U11 X1

Quote:

The M5 is the pinnacle of the cars I have owned so far (a car I am very happy with for 3 young kids in tow). Your ownership list on the other hand is truly impressive.

Respect
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2013, 08:17 AM   #63
Pazzo009
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M,M3(46&36),812SF

I understand that anyone is susceptible to having a bad day, wife annoying the shit out of you...etc. However a simple nod or something is no big deal. I'm not saying we needed to hold hands and skip together and congratulate ourselves. This is just an opinion I have influenced by my character.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2013, 09:26 AM   #64
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aculeg87
I understand that anyone is susceptible to having a bad day, wife annoying the shit out of you...etc. However a simple nod or something is no big deal. I'm not saying we needed to hold hands and skip together and congratulate ourselves. This is just an opinion I have influenced by my character.
But I like to hold hands and skip and congratulate ourselves on being masters of the universe.

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2013, 09:39 AM   #65
MJones3
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: RWD

Us enthusiasts are by far the minority. A lot of people buy an M5 to have a nice, fast car. I'm sure they all enjoy it, but they don't obsess over it like we do here on this forum.
So to get pissed and start calling people names just because they don't wave back to strangers that happens to have a car of the same brand is a bit childish imo.

You think they are wierd for not waiving. They probably think you are wierd for waiving.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #66
MSportDC
///MSport-DC
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5, 2012 X5 35d

Garage List
2012 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
If another car pulls up next to me trying to get my attention, which may be another M or sports car, I usually assume that they want to race so I ignore them most of the time.

Other times, I'm either in the middle of a phone call/conference or too deep in thought about my company operations to notice.

Am I douchebag? Maybe - if that's your definition of DB, but I don't care.

If I'm not driving and don't have to focus on the road, my behavior is completely different and would love the chance to speak with other BMW/M owners.