M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

11-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #23
B-1Pilot
Yankee Air Pirate
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 w/CP

Far as I can tell, black grills aren't readily available... would like to see what iND comes up with before I pull the trigger on BMW M performance versions at $420 a set (that aren't even available yet).

I went with a V1... lots a friends have them and the latest version seems to have the best sensor based on what I have seen. The new iPhone app that goes along with it gives PRF info so you can do a smarter version of false filtering yourself. The patent on the arrows with numbers of discrete signals continues to make it the best version as far as I can tell.

I am still trying to decide what tint to get. I have Huper Optik ceramic on my wife's 3.. Im interested in hearing what the latest greatest it right now... I am thinking 30-5% all around since it is a lighter colored car, but I am more concerned with IR rejection so could entertain a 50% tint if it looked right.

Thoughts?
      11-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #24
M54ccibo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-1 Pilot View Post
Far as I can tell, black grills aren't readily available... would like to see what iND comes up with before I pull the trigger on BMW M performance versions at $420 a set (that aren't even available yet).

I went with a V1... lots a friends have them and the latest version seems to have the best sensor based on what I have seen. The new iPhone app that goes along with it gives PRF info so you can do a smarter version of false filtering yourself. The patent on the arrows with numbers of discrete signals continues to make it the best version as far as I can tell.

I am still trying to decide what tint to get. I have Huper Optik ceramic on my wife's 3.. Im interested in hearing what the latest greatest it right now... I am thinking 30-5% all around since it is a lighter colored car, but I am more concerned with IR rejection so could entertain a 50% tint if it looked right.

Thoughts?
Good choice with the V1...and I went 35% LLumar ceramic on my AW car. Lighter tint FTW.
'10 E60 M5, Space Gray/Black
Appreciate 0