M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

05-12-2012, 06:38 PM   #23
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly-dee
Bunch of questions:
Do you know how this individual option was able to be ordered by your dealer? Was there a code or a selection that was able to be made at the time of the order?
Did this have to go through regional for pricing and/or approval?
How much was it to add the leather dash?
Any dealer should know how to submit the Special Order Form to do an Individual order; your electronic order gets coded specially and your dealer submits additional paperwork that gets tied to it on the backend.

Yes, there's an approval process that they go through with BMWNA and BMW AG, both to make sure they can accommodate any special requests you have (very old paint colors, special interior treatment requests) and also to make sure they're willing to do so (e.g. getting the M3 GTS' Fire Orange paint on a regular M3 was almost always denied, but a few have been made).

The option for a leather dash and upper door trim (I believe code 4M5?) doesn't seem to be available for the US. As to what Individual would charge you for this, let us know if you ask!

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2012, 11:43 PM   #24
tks
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 750i M Sport

Individual Interior

Can you order any individual interior color interior available, or only the listed colors for that model? It is clear regarding exterior choices, but unclear regarding interior.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2012, 11:53 PM   #25
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern X5M View Post
My order has been confirmed for Cohiba Individual with leather upper dash. I am not sure of the exact cost but I did check off both Cohiba Individual and full merino. Sales guy confirmed that BMW would build the car, but it did add an extra month to the order.

I wanted the cohiba pretty bad, and the plastic dash looks like shit and would have probably been a deal breaker. Also pissed that there is not a carbon fiber option for the M5. I have the carbon fiber on my X5M and I love it. The piano finish is the best of a bad situation.
I'm exactly with you. Love the Cohiba personally, willing to pay for the added option, but a deal breaker if I can't get upper dash in leather as well. Kindly keep us appraised of your order, you will likely be the pioneer/precedent, would love to know if indeed it is possible to spec a custom interior while still preserving upper black leather dash board and upper door trim.

BTW, I believe you can spec the color of your alcanatara headliner, did you consider doing it in brown faux suede or will keep the factory black?

+1 on the lack of CF interior, but I suppose through the BMW Performance line you can get it after the fact.
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2012, 03:17 AM   #26
Northern X5M
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 Tanzanite Blue M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
I'm exactly with you. Love the Cohiba personally, willing to pay for the added option, but a deal breaker if I can't get upper dash in leather as well. Kindly keep us appraised of your order, you will likely be the pioneer/precedent, would love to know if indeed it is possible to spec a custom interior while still preserving upper black leather dash board and upper door trim.

BTW, I believe you can spec the color of your alcanatara headliner, did you consider doing it in brown faux suede or will keep the factory black?

+1 on the lack of CF interior, but I suppose through the BMW Performance line you can get it after the fact.
As of now it is a go. I will get an exact cost. Hopefully I can get the upper door trim too. I heard also that you can spec the headliner in the individual color, I am a bit worried that it might be too much. It would be nice to have a reference.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 01:00 AM   #27
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tks
Can you order any individual interior color interior available, or only the listed colors for that model? It is clear regarding exterior choices, but unclear regarding interior.
Interior can be any color, including custom matched to a sample you have (e.g. favorite T-shirt). I haven't seen anyone here post about getting that done so I have no idea how much it is, but it's definitely possible -- though considering how much even things like color strips on the seats or contrast stitching are just when choosing from officially offered colors, I imagine the cost of a fully custom interior color will be substantial even by Individual standards.

Gone but not forgotten:

Last edited by jphughan; 05-14-2012 at 01:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 08:06 PM   #28
Northern X5M
Captain
Canada
Rep

Finally got pricing on the Cohiba Individual upgraded to full.

Z1XX-Cohiba Full Extended Leather (Piano Trim) $9,500.00 (CAD)
ZSP- Special Order $400 (CAD)

I am little shocked actually, since Individual already has some of the full leather bits.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 08:16 PM   #29
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Finally got pricing on the Cohiba Individual upgraded to full.

Z1XX-Cohiba Full Extended Leather (Piano Trim) $9,500.00 (CAD)
ZSP- Special Order $400 (CAD)

I am little shocked actually, since Individual already has some of the full leather bits.
I guess a good news-bad news deal. Good is one can order it, bad is that it costs an arm and a leg.

What is the CAD pricing on (regular) Full Leather and then on the Cohiba alone? Since the Cohiba option has a good amount of extra leather relative to stock extended leather, I wouldn't have thought basically adding the dashboard and upper door trim should add up to a whole lot.

Still dunno if this would even be an option for US cars, dealers here have shown relatively little flexibility in working with a customer on custom orders, and the US spec guide technically doesn't allow/list a specialty leather in 'full' form.
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 09:46 PM   #30
Northern X5M
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
I guess a good news-bad news deal. Good is one can order it, bad is that it costs an arm and a leg.

What is the CAD pricing on (regular) Full Leather and then on the Cohiba alone? Since the Cohiba option has a good amount of extra leather relative to stock extended leather, I wouldn't have thought basically adding the dashboard and upper door trim should add up to a whole lot.

Still dunno if this would even be an option for US cars, dealers here have shown relatively little flexibility in working with a customer on custom orders, and the US spec guide technically doesn't allow/list a specialty leather in 'full' form.
Regular full is $4,500
Cohiba IND is $3,000
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #31
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Regular full is $4,500
Cohiba IND is $3,000
OK, if Cohiba Full is $9,500+$400, then that is just nuts! This is basically a 'go-away' price from BMW as they clearly make every effort for the customer not to disrupt the 'factory settings'.

You may be better off just doing Cohiba and going to a custom upholstery shop for the dash and upper doors. Funnily enough, as I type I am having a set of Euro Recaro RS 4 seats fitted to my Audi tomorrow by a custom upholsterer, the projects he has done are simply magic, and by the time he is done you would think the car came as such from the factory.

Here is what he did last month on a Panamera Turbo, literally every single panel (and seats of course) was wrapped in custom leather and stitching. You can see the intricate details and how many pieces there were (small vents, tiny trim around floorboard, etc.), yet it really looks like it rolled out of Zuffenhausen that way. Just something to perhaps consider rather than pay such obnoxious price BMW is demanding.

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 08:17 PM   #32
c4rter4
Rep
Drives: 2014 Blue / Black / Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
Any dealer should know how to submit the Special Order Form to do an Individual order; your electronic order gets coded specially and your dealer submits additional paperwork that gets tied to it on the backend.

Yes, there's an approval process that they go through with BMWNA and BMW AG, both to make sure they can accommodate any special requests you have (very old paint colors, special interior treatment requests) and also to make sure they're willing to do so (e.g. getting the M3 GTS' Fire Orange paint on a regular M3 was almost always denied, but a few have been made).

The option for a leather dash and upper door trim (I believe code 4M5?) doesn't seem to be available for the US. As to what Individual would charge you for this, let us know if you ask!
Great post, I dont know if my dealer rep was lazy or did not ask but I asked to get the Monte Carlo blue Frozen but he said that it was not an option.

I also wanted to get blue stitching on the seats but he also said that was not an option. Has anyone ordered the Frozen color and got it from the factory?

I pick it up in 18 days, I am not sure if it is painted yet but if not something I want for sure!

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 07:19 AM   #33
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4rter4
Great post, I dont know if my dealer rep was lazy or did not ask but I asked to get the Monte Carlo blue Frozen but he said that it was not an option.

I also wanted to get blue stitching on the seats but he also said that was not an option. Has anyone ordered the Frozen color and got it from the factory?

I pick it up in 18 days, I am not sure if it is painted yet but if not something I want for sure!

Thanks
I've seen F10 M5s with both Frozen colors (I think even Frozen Blue) and deviating stitching. The latter is something like $7K though. If you'll be there in 18 days I can't imagine you can still change your order, and even if you could, those changes would almost certainly push your production date back, especially contrast stitching. If you can check your production status based on information from your dealer (or ask your dealer to do it), if your car is already at 150 status ("In Production") or beyond, you can't change it.

Gone but not forgotten:
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 09:04 AM   #34
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4rter4 View Post

Thanks
your dealer is lazy
you can get any colour frozen and any stitching colour combination for interior
depending on dealer's relations with M Individual Studio
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 04:13 PM   #35
Froze
Idiot
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 - Frozen White

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstmng View Post
your dealer is lazy
you can get any colour frozen and any stitching colour combination for interior
depending on dealer's relations with M Individual Studio
I may be missing something here, but I just tried to order a 2014 Frozen MCB and was told no more for 2014 and that I could order it early summer when they start 2015 production. I'm a newb to special order so I could be relaying bad info from my dealer...
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 05:22 PM   #36
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froze View Post
I may be missing something here, but I just tried to order a 2014 Frozen MCB and was told no more for 2014 and that I could order it early summer when they start 2015 production. I'm a newb to special order so I could be relaying bad info from my dealer...
speak to AVLNCH member here
he is from FL as well and he has highly individual specced m5
he can definitely help you
Appreciate 0