2008 BMW 135i  [10.00]
So amazing. Great job man.
      01-31-2012, 01:40 PM   #68
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
France
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT

How can you not have a huge big smile on your face everytime you walk down to the garage ??

I know i would even if i had just half of your garage :P, which is the case for many of you posting around here... he is just double lucky to say the least compared to us all.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 06:28 PM   #69
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBadM View Post
Congrats on the new M5! As others have already mentioned, the color combo is astonishing!!! You have inspired me to order our F10 this year with the Sakhir Orange leather interior, although the question is to Frozen Silver or AW?!?!? Either way, I'm certain she will be a stunner One question: Did you get Extended leather?
Thanks I did not order the full leather. If you are ordering the Sakhir Orange, it would be too bright and orangy to go full leather.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 06:35 PM   #70
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30 View Post
How can you not have a huge big smile on your face everytime you walk down to the garage ??

I know i would even if i had just half of your garage :P, which is the case for many of you posting around here... he is just double lucky to say the least compared to us all.
The truth is, the less you have, the more you will enjoy what you have Take those billionaires with a garage full of exotics for example. Those cars prob mean very little to them. The car that excited me most in my life thus far is my prev E46 330 Ci...As you move on, each car is an incremental improvement, but the excitement kinda plateaus a bit, which is why it gets far more expensive to extract any more excitement out of car ownership.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 01:11 AM   #71
JohnMan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

No question, very very nice cars. But would it be garage queens? Frozen grey is an awesome color, but it's not so easy to repaint once you get some dent or scratch on it.

And there is no track or open roads in Singapore to really push your car. He will have to go to Malaysia to find the nearest track. Won't the OP be frustrated knowing he has all that power under the hood but has nowhere to unleash it in Singapore?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 01:23 AM   #72
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMan View Post
No question, very very nice cars. But would it be garage queens? Frozen grey is an awesome color, but it's not so easy to repaint once you get some dent or scratch on it.

And there is no track or open roads in Singapore to really push your car. He will have to go to Malaysia to find the nearest track. Won't the OP be frustrated knowing he has all that power under the hood but has nowhere to unleash it in Singapore?
I am not worried about the repainting as there are good paint shops capable of doing it. The M dealer has no problem handling it too.

You are quite right about lack of tracks here. There was supposed to be one coming up, but the deal has since suffered a still birth due to the company running into financial difficulties. The M5 is likely to be one of my last high performance cars as there is really not much opportunity to use all that power. Going forward, i will be focusing more on feel and handling as those can be enjoyed even without excessive speed. The M3 on the other hand, will serve as my choir with that lovely voice I am praying that M builds a Z4M Coupe!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 01:30 AM   #73
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oslotdriver View Post
Forgot to ask, how is the audio system?
The M5's audio system is decent, but unspectacular. It seemed slightly better than the regular stereos in series BMWs. My M3 has the Harman Kardon 12 (or 10) speaker system and that's really lovely. I am not much of an audiophile and generally only listens to the radio while in the car so it's not that important to me.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 04:06 AM   #74
JohnMan
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clar View Post
The truth is, the less you have, the more you will enjoy what you have Take those billionaires with a garage full of exotics for example. Those cars prob mean very little to them. The car that excited me most in my life thus far is my prev E46 330 Ci...As you move on, each car is an incremental improvement, but the excitement kinda plateaus a bit, which is why it gets far more expensive to extract any more excitement out of car ownership.
I don't know, but I'm assuming you are pretty loaded yourself to afford both a M3 and a M5 , especially since cars in general cost a fortune in Singapore (probably even more expensive than in Hong Kong, and we are already slap with double taxation in HK-a car in HK cost double what it would cost in the US). I mean, you need a ridiculously expensive certificate of entitlement just to have the right to own a car in Singapore.

Of course, if you earn your money by hard work, there is no shame in admitting you are rich. And I'm glad you can use that money to buy very nice stuff.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 06:02 AM   #75
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMan View Post
I don't know, but I'm assuming you are pretty loaded yourself to afford both a M3 and a M5 , especially since cars in general cost a fortune in Singapore (probably even more expensive than in Hong Kong, and we are already slap with double taxation in HK-a car in HK cost double what it would cost in the US). I mean, you need a ridiculously expensive certificate of entitlement just to have the right to own a car in Singapore.

Of course, if you earn your money by hard work, there is no shame in admitting you are rich. And I'm glad you can use that money to buy very nice stuff.
Well, i wouldn't consider myself rich, at least not by local standard I do however, have to work my ass off for everything i have got. It's a crazy situation here as far as cars are concerned. Do you know they sold more BMWs than Toyotas last year? Porsche managed to put more cars on the road last year than Mazda!!

I fully intend to spend my last dime by the time i die. A good education and upbringing are all i am giving my 2 boys. They will have to earn everything themselves I believe in enjoying my life to the fullest. I don't work hard to accumulate wealth in the bank acct. Wealth is meaningless if it doesn't make any difference to my life
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 06:35 AM   #76
m5driver77
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 2012 f10 M5

Garage List
Quote:
Well, i wouldn't consider myself rich, at least not by local standard I do however, have to work my ass off for everything i have got. It's a crazy situation here as far as cars are concerned. Do you know they sold more BMWs than Toyotas last year? Porsche managed to put more cars on the road last year than Mazda!!

I fully intend to spend my last dime by the time i die. A good education and upbringing are all i am giving my 2 boys. They will have to earn everything themselves I believe in enjoying my life to the fullest. I don't work hard to accumulate wealth in the bank acct. Wealth is meaningless if it doesn't make any difference to my life
Well said, i think the same
      02-01-2012, 08:05 AM   #77
JohnMan
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

I would'nt be surprised if luxury cars outsold "mass market" cars in Singapore. It costs so much to own a car anyway, you might as well get a premium car if you can afford it. There is a somewhat similiar situation in Hong Kong. It's not to the same extent of having luxury cars outselling regular cars as in Singapore, but the ratio of performance-orientated or premium cars in HK is far higher than many other places I've been.

It's interesting about your viewpoint, not saying I disagree with, but that's very "Un-Singaporean" (I know because I've been there many times and have relatives there). Chinese societies tend to save alot and spend very little. It's exactly the same in Hong Kong. Few if any people in Hong Kong or Singapore know how to really enjoy life. I'm glad you can.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 10:29 PM   #78
richb811
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i M Sport

That car is entirely too sexy. Great pictures too by the way! The red interior is absolutely stunning!

Have fun on those highways in Malaysia!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2012, 08:59 AM   #79
DGod
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 E60, BMW 1M E82

Thank you very much for the pictures. Amazing car, congratulations, enjoy it in good health!
I ordered one myself without having ever seen pictures of an F10 in Frozen Grey, I was desperate to see pictures of one. I'm glad to see that I chose the right colour as it gives the M5 a more agressive look.
Mine is coming with tinted windows and I'm having the wheels, kidneys and side grilles blacked out, I hate chromes. I'll post pictures when I have it.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2012, 10:50 AM   #80
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Godinho View Post
Thank you very much for the pictures. Amazing car, congratulations, enjoy it in good health!
I ordered one myself without having ever seen pictures of an F10 in Frozen Grey, I was desperate to see pictures of one. I'm glad to see that I chose the right colour as it gives the M5 a more agressive look.
Mine is coming with tinted windows and I'm having the wheels, kidneys and side grilles blacked out, I hate chromes. I'll post pictures when I have it.
Congrats, Dave! U are gonna like yours!! FG is quite magical and it can make pretty much any car look distinctive.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2012, 03:36 AM   #81
esca_flo
Registered
Rep
Drives: F10-520d

Greetings from malaysia

Sir ,u got good taste, U r always welcome to test the beast in malaysia. Never seen the new M5 here.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #82
BrutColor
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 on order & GT3 RS

Clar,
Any comments on driving the M5 & M3 back to back? Would be very interesting to hear, if a car like the M3 still offers enough "thrill" when you own the M5. Or is it vice versa?
Or with other words; are they different enough to justify keeping them?
Thanks for sharing (I changed my order to Sakhir after you recommendation).
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2012, 06:22 PM   #83
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutColor View Post
Clar,
Any comments on driving the M5 & M3 back to back? Would be very interesting to hear, if a car like the M3 still offers enough "thrill" when you own the M5. Or is it vice versa?
Will be posting more views between the 2 cars next week after i run-in the M5. Hopefully, i can do the run-in service this weekend
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2012, 07:04 AM   #84
Rivanov
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: F40 BMW 118iA HE M-Sport 2022

Garage List
2022 BMW 118i  [10.00]
Stunning looking M5!!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #85
jayb289
Private
Rep
Drives: horse and carriage

love it
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 12:23 PM   #86
AlpWhite11
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by clar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutColor View Post
Clar,
Will be posting more views between the 2 cars next week after i run-in the M5. Hopefully, i can do the run-in service this weekend
Can't wait! The European owners don't seem to be able to test their cars much yet because of the winter weather. Can't wait until its spring in Europe too.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #87
quaixe
///M luver
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Vert SG/IR

thanks for sharing great pix, beautiful interior color choice
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 12:38 PM   #88
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: work truck

Quote:
Hey Clar, what do you do for detailing the Frozen colors? Do you use the Swissvax compounds made for the flat paint?

Thx
Appreciate 0