M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

11-30-2012, 09:27 AM   #23
Used2be
Perennial PFC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 DG/Aragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTHAUS View Post
Thank you !!
That is the exact purpose of our GTC unit. These videos are GTC - Open mode (Loud) tested.
You can shut the valve (Closed mode) and go back to stock sound at anytime you wish
by clicking your wireless remote system - please refer to the video (top of this thread) we have posted.
thanks again.
I guess I was confused over your labeling of the systems. The Super GT system is the same as the GTC controllable system, just without the muffler valve control? On a stage 2 motor with the catless downpipes, wouldn't running with the control flap closed for long periods of time cause problems with the stage 2 tune? That's why I was wondering how the Super GT stage 2 system sounds during regular driving with no control valve. I'm thinking at low rpm with a turbo motor the exhaust sound might not be all that loud through your mufflers. I don't recall the rpm needed for 7th gear at 80mph, I'd appreciate your telling me, but with the torque of this motor at low rpm it should be very driveable at low rpm in all the gears.

Oh, on a side note, is there a functional purpose for the vertical dividers you have in the exhaust tips? Interesting look and I wondered if they were just to keep large furry creatures from crawling into the mufflers?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 10:38 AM   #24
GTHAUS
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

I guess I was confused over your labeling of the systems. The Super GT system is the same as the GTC controllable system, just without the muffler valve control?
--> correct. Super GT unit is "without" the valve contorl and it is loud version at all times. while the GTC unit comes equipped with Electronic valves, which you can control the sound and pressure of your unit at anytime with remote control.

On a stage 2 motor with the catless downpipes, wouldn't running with the control flap closed for long periods of time cause problems with the stage 2 tune? That's why I was wondering how the Super GT stage 2 system sounds during regular driving with no control valve.
--> Got your point. When our valves are closed, the back box flow rate is almost same as the OE/Stock muffler unit (slightly better than the stock unit flow rate). Note: Closed mode isn't meaning "restrictive" mode.
yes, it will run fine with TYR TECH stage 2 tune, with the valves closed and we are currently testing it as we speak daily basis.

I'm thinking at low rpm with a turbo motor the exhaust sound might not be all that loud through your mufflers. I don't recall the rpm needed for 7th gear at 80mph, I'd appreciate your telling me, but with the torque of this motor at low rpm it should be very driveable at low rpm in all the gears.

--> Considering the TQ Power, it is not a problem at all.
Sound wise, when you go with cat-back system, it is also definately manageable for daily drive and "civil" drive especially when you have the valves closed.
But when you have the optional Down pipes installed (Full Turbo back system composition), It is still a lot louder than the stock unit in any RPM and in any gears you are in, even when the valves are closed.
It is pretty LOUD in very awesome way (you can see this on our road testing video)

Oh, on a side note, is there a functional purpose for the vertical dividers you have in the exhaust tips? Interesting look and I wondered if they were just to keep large furry creatures from crawling into the mufflers?[/QUOTE]

--> several reasons for it, but mainly it does streamline turbulence in exhaust flow, and it is also our signature tip design (Meisterschaft).

Thank you very much for your interests in Meisterschaft products and Hope some of these answers have helped you.
if you have any further questions, please give us a call directly and speak with our representatives,
so we can explain our products in detail over the phone for you.
There are so many things we can explain on email basis.. Thank you again ~

GTHAUS
TEl: 630.787.1600

Last edited by GTHAUS; 11-30-2012 at 10:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 05:50 PM   #25
GTHAUS
Banned
Rep

Quick shot of the rear end of our F10 M5 with our Meisterschaft GTC Exhaust

BMW F10 M5 w/ Meisterschaft GTC Exhaust by GTHAUS-Meisterschaft, on Flickr
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 02:49 AM   #26
GTHAUS
Banned
Rep

GTHAUS Holiday Promotion Info:

http://gthausblog.com/?p=4103
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 10:10 AM   #27
GTHAUS
Banned
Rep

BMW F10 M5 - Meisterschaft GTC (EV Control)

Here is a well produced and informative video put together by the folks at Vivid Racing! The featured vehicle is a BMW F10 M5 equipped with our electronically valve controlled Meisterschaft GTC (EV Control) exhaust system.

Thanks for watching!

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2017, 10:22 PM   #28
dmokoginta
Registered
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

Sorry if I have to write this in here. I ordered from GTHaus since last month and their last email to me was 2 weeks ago, I have complaining to them about my order that hasn't been delivered and until now for 14 days, no one even contacted me via email or whatsoever. Sales Order No. 5869, salesperson name is Mark. It is very hard to contacted you guys, I email you every 2 - 3 days and no response for 2 weeks, I have already pay full amount. Is this how you treat your customer. I am not surprised if I see many bad reviews on your facebook page.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2019, 11:02 PM   #29
HXS
Licensed Drug Dealer
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Bumping this up for a couple of questions:

Where inside the cabin do you put the switch?

And how do you hook it up to the battery?
Appreciate 0