M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

07-27-2015, 06:14 PM   #1
omegatlc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral Grey M4 Convertib

OEM PSS tire purchase at Richmond BMW

Gang, just wanted to give a heads up that BMW is attempting to "compete" with Tire Rack by beating their prices as a "service to our customers." They charged $365 vs Tire Rack $372 for OEM 265/35/20 and $376 vs Tire Rack $375 for 295/30/20. Add $180 mount/balance labor for all 4 tires plus applicable taxes, disposal fee, etc.

The keys for me were that the PSS' were in stock at the dealership given the back order at a Tire Rack (needed now-my tires were done) and alignment was free as advertised with purchase of 4 tires.

Anyone in the market for PSS' should definitely see what your local BMW dealer is offering.

Let me know if you need more info.

T
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2015, 06:18 PM   #2
Mgone
Banned
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegatlc View Post
Gang, just wanted to give a heads up that BMW is attempting to "compete" with Tire Rack by beating their prices as a "service to our customers." They charged $365 vs Tire Rack $372 for OEM 265/35/20 and $376 vs Tire Rack $375 for 295/30/20. Add $180 mount/balance labor for all 4 tires plus applicable taxes, disposal fee, etc.

The keys for me were that the PSS' were in stock at the dealership given the back order at a Tire Rack (needed now-my tires were done) and alignment was free as advertised with purchase of 4 tires.

Anyone in the market for PSS' should definitely see what your local BMW dealer is offering.

T

the Free Alignment alone should make tire buyers get this deal asap.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2015, 06:28 PM   #3
omegatlc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral Grey M4 Convertib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgone
Quote:

T

the Free Alignment alone should make tire buyers get this deal asap.
Absolutely, Mgone! They charge $250 for it at my dealer. I didn't take a picture, but they had a window cling advertising why to get tires from them showing the $250 value of the alignment...they had me at 'in stock!'
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2015, 06:35 PM   #4
Mgone
Banned
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Absolutely, Mgone! They charge $250 for it at my dealer. I didn't take a picture, but they had a window cling advertising why to get tires from them showing the $250 value of the alignment...they had me at 'in stock!'

yup! thats a no brainer if tires are worn out. I had people calling me for 295's and 305's if i have them in stock even used ones and man they are like candies right now.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2015, 07:14 PM   #5
ManhattanBMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F13 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgone View Post
yup! thats a no brainer if tires are worn out. I had people calling me for 295's and 305's if i have them in stock even used ones and man they are like candies right now.
My tire guy, located in NJ, and not a dealership, was able to get my a new set of PSS's, and is storing for me, free of charge, one of my used front and rear tires, so if I have a flat in the next year, I will have a readily available tire to use.
Appreciate 0